Pre/PBP/Post DC United v Portland Timbers

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by song219, Oct 13, 2017.

1. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Problem is we haven’t been good long enough or consistently enough to test this theory and given all available evidence we probably won’t soon.

shawn12011 repped this.
  2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Oh, I absolutely agree. I was making the distinction between play by play and color commentator. Alan Greene is the worst play by play announcer in the league, easily. I've heard NPSL announcers who are better.

3. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999

He's quite popular in England:
    Will Five Live's Alan Green please shut up! BBC commentator remains the self-important, patronising, infuriating voice of radio

4. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Are they the same person? The Alan Greene that does Atlanta games is utterly clueless about MLS and can barely string a sentence together. He routinely mispronounces names, has an almost astonishing ignorance of the league's history, seems to have a teenager's grasp of the subtleties of the game, and spends most of his on-air time verbally fellating Atlanta's players and staff.

This Alan Green sounds more like an American-style sports radio type; an aggressive blowhard.

Anyway, f*** Ross Smith. The fact that he was furiously masturbating after that despicable 4th goal would be reason enough for me to loathe him, but truth be told, I've wanted to push him in front of a hipster riding a fixie for years.

Murrdcu, Winoman and griffin1108 repped this.
  5. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Yes.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...chapter-of-his-story-in-atlanta-20170826.html

Definitely the same person.

6. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017
    Look, the US managed to sneak Kyle Martino into NBCSN 's Studio TV for the EPL. When Sebastian Salazar filled in for Rebecca for one weekend, Sebi got relegated to ESPN.

Sometimes we got to be happy with what we got and hope the next generation can take these positions.

7. Murrdcu

Murrdcu Member

DC United
    United States
    Apr 25, 2017

This dude is the Dennis Miller of football announcers, except not funny and stoopid,

Winoman repped this.
  8. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a actually a good description of current Dennis Miller.

fatbastard, Boloni86 and Winoman repped this.
  9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    You mean he's not dead? Damn I thought he was