(Pre-Match) Trinidad & Tobago vs El Salvador 8/12/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Jun 7, 2009.

1. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    But mate, T&T have players in Europe! They're still better than central american team! Even though they haven't won a game!:rolleyes: lol!!!

2. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Really? If I thought that then I wouldnt have supported the team all through the semifinal round even when they beat team USA would I? ;)

Like I said before both you and el cuscatleco are hoping and praying for a miracle win but it aint gone happen. Come this time tomorrow nite I'll be here listening to all your excuses after that clobbering then hear your cries for tha De Los Cobos' head.:D

4. Cuzcaking

Cuzcaking Member

Feb 10, 2009
    No Ho CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    LMMFAO ur confident but i see 3pts coming our way. Vamos Selecta A Ganar!!!

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

6. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I dont kno..I think tha warriors may not like playing in Costa Rica but sho nuff they like playing in San Pedro Sula. Remember what happened the last time they did? ;)

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha, for a guy who has a "latin" background, and who likes "latin" music, why are you know hating on the spanish language? Scratch that, i'll give you an easy one; why do you of all people think you can correct anyone on the english language when you yourself can't comprehend it? Do i really have to repost the my comments from only a few days ago when you got OWNED for interpreting an article incorrectly?

Do you not think it's sad that someone who speaks english as their second language knows more about it then you? If i only limited myself to speaking one language, i know i sure would.

Oh no, this is just getting to easy.

Look just answer me this. Does having "better quality" players who produce, not make a team better than one who has players that don't?

What you're saying is Sunderland has a better midfield than Trinidad, right? Now obviously interms of strikers they are much the same as they both have the same player. So would not having a better quality midfield and the same striker not inturn make them a better team overall? Or are your defence and GK (who i'm sure you need no reminders have leaked more goals in the Hex than any other), make your team that World Class that the lack of their midfield doesn't matter when compared to Sunderland? :rolleyes:

Okay, let's not generalise. Obviously there are some that let our national teams good form go to their heads and call for them to play in La Liga or the EPL, but most of us (myself included), don't let the good form blind us and we accept the fact that at this point in time we have no players who can play succefully at that level.

Again, maybe it's your lack of comprehension that causes you to misread/misinterperate things; or maybe you just are playing dumb. I really hope it's the latter, but sometimes you really do worry me with some of the stupid things you say.

What's there to hate about? An overpriced, over hyped striker who lacks the ability to score goals for his national team when they need it? Haha, yeah we'd all love that :D

Again, glad to see you are content to brag about your players just cause they are in the EPL. It doesn't seem to bother you that these superstars can't beat a team of no talent dometic hacks like those from El Salvador. Or could that be because you know very well that more than half of your own team is full off no talent domestic hacks that play in Trinidad? :eek:

8. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    The fact of the matter remains is that throughout the 1990's we have a history of players being signed for overseas clubs and doing very well. As such, all players are talented players are held to the same high standard. While it may be normal for a "talented" player to start off at home and hone his skills in the earlier days, if he's hit the prime of his career and can't cut it overseas for whatever reason, chances are we'll consider that he simply did not live up to his potential - talented player or not.

Trinidad and Tobago football history is absolutely littered with guys like that. There is one particular guy who was hailed as the second coming of Latapy, but who never had the correct combination of discipline and stamina to cut it overseas, or even to just be a marquee player on the local scene. I'm sure you've never heard of him. What good does it do if I tell you he's more skilled than Ronaldinho? He has barely been able to make our national team and is now pushing 30.

Also I don't know if you realise, but being in a professional club setup among better players actually improves players over time. So its not just about judging the initial value of the player, but also about having them improve along the way so that they can (hopefully) contribute more to the NT.

Obviously, among "our domestic hacks" there are promising players that we very much expect to get their big break in a few years. There are also a few who are long past that stage and who continue to be picked because we have no better choice among the overseas players, or because they have a certain experience that cannot be denied. The trick is to get both these and the overseas based to blend, something that we have been particularly bad at this cycle.

If all of your guys are below 25 and are as talented as you say, I'd expect to hear good things about them being signed in the next couple of years. What's so hard to understand?

ps: I really thought a mod would've known better than to get into a back and forth with someone like warlord. He's not representative of T&T fans and you know it.

9. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Shouldn't you be out buying some KY Jelly or something for your match with Costa Rica instead of trolling in this thread? You'd think that Honduras didn't have a game of their own to play. Or have you just got so accustomed to not making the final round of qualifying that you forgot?

For the record, we've played one world cup qualifier in San Pedro Sula. I don't need to remind you of the result.

10. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    lol yall asking us to give u respect... lmfao because clearly if we go through this thread we'll see the oodles of respect the various el Salvadorian fans give our team. I have great respect El Salvador (as I do for all teams in the hex) but obviously y'all use the one poster who doesn't as the pretext y'all needed to voice your true feelings. If its anyone with the superiority complex its all of Central America.....

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Exactly, that's my point. You're saying you judge your players worth on if or not he succeeds overseas. And personally i don't see it that way. I'm sure you have quality players in your league that are yet to be given the chance to play aborad right? Now the impression i get from some of you is that this player wont get the same respect as another overseas based player simply cause he still plays at home. That because he can't cut it overseas or has never gone overseas means that he's not living up to his potential and that he's not as good as those other players that have made it abroad.

Now the other day you stated that Salvadoran players who still play domestically do so because of one of two things; either they need better agents or just aren't that good to begin with. And with that said, i ask you which of these it is that you think is the case with your Trinidad players that are still playing at home? Do you think all your players that are playing in Trinidad just don't have what it takes to play abroad? Do you think it's because of poor representation? Or is it something else?

In short, what i'm asking is if you think that it's possible to have a player playing in Trinidad that is just as good or atleast with the same potential as another who plays abroad? Is it possible to have good players playing domestically, that just hasn't been given that opportunity yet?

That's common in all countries. Either it's the federation, the press or the fans that hype up players way to much and then when it's all said and done they end up being just another average joe. Sounds like this guy was just a dud. But again, if he had failed overseas and then gone home to win the MVP of the league year after year, would you still think that he failed as a player?

I understand that. But some of you make it seem like for the simple fact that you have players that play abroad, you're the best team around. Or atleast compared to another national like El Salvador who hasn't had the same luck in terms of exporting it's players. You make it seem like because the majority of the Salvadorans still play at home, that they can't be nearly as good as your team because you have some players in Europe. And with that said, what i don't get is that considering that your own national team is made up primarily of national league players, that you wouldn't have more respect for these players that play domestically; understanding that just because they play at home, it doesn't mean that they are bad players.

Again you have proven my point. That being that there are talented players in what is arguably "neither a high quality nor lucrative domestic league" like that of Trinidad. Now why you can't accept that that could be the case for our players that play domestically in El Salvador is beyond me.

Again, you assume that their success will be measured on whether or not they make it overseas, and i just don't believe that. Yes playing overseas gives you good bragging rights, and can help your player get better in the long term, but you can't say that there aren't players who never get a shot and play their entire careers at home while possesing the same if not more talent than those that made it to Europe. With that said, do you really believe that if a player plays his entire career domestically (whether it be a player from Trinidad or El Salvador) that it means that he's just not a good player?

You're right, i've said enough. He seems to have no trouble making himself look foolish all by himeself, so with that said, expect gameday to be the last time i reply to any of his comments ;)

What i really don't understand, and what i'd really like for you to explain to me is why you guys back him up. You do know that 99% of the hate that Trinidad gets on these boards is because of Warlord right? It's like he doesn't care about giving your national team and/or country a bad name as long as he gets his kicks from sturring people up. I'll tell you what, if it was a Salvadoran that was doing what Warlord does i'd jump all over him in a second. It's one thing being confident in what your team can do, it's another thing entirely to be arrogant and offensive, while not caring or having the capacity to understand that what you say reflects on all other T&T posters. I'm sure if you guys didn't back him up so much there wouldn't be hardly as much tension between you guys and the rest of CONCACAF. I mean is it really worth it? Would you rather back him up and have him continue doing what he does, or would you not prefer to keep him quite and discuss things without any problems?

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    wow okay 01 congratulations. i don't think miracles work twice. if you tell me your players are more qualified to beat us this time around then last time then your an effin liar. lmao this isn't 01. you guys will not win in San Pedro Sula especially with the kids we have now. you guys are so pathetic right now. TnT suck, the run of form they have is horrendous!! and our current home form is stupendous. 3-1 just to be nice ;)

13. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    now tell us how u really feel

14. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Read the last part of my previous post.

Hold on, let me make it simple;

7 steps to why Trinidad supporters get into arguments on the BigSoccer forum

Step 1: Warlord says something stupid about a certain team
    Step 2: Someone inturn responds by saying something equally as stupid about Warlords team
    Step 3: Warlord responds with another stupid comment
    Step 4: The other person replies yet again
    Step 5: Warlord supporters come in to defend him because they see the other posters are being offensive to there team (Trinidad or Jamaica)
    Step 6: More people come in to defend the guy from step 2, insulting not only Warlord but the others who defend him
    Step 7: We end up with what we've got now

Then you obviously have step eight which is were some random starts the argument with Warlord. But again, that's cause they know what Warlord is like and have been offended by him in the past and just can't let it go.

In short, ignore Warlord, don't defend him and we won't have any problems.

15. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    I'd highly doubt that.. most of your trolls would switch to the Jack Warner bashing or something else.
    And speaking of your trolls, every team on this board has their obnoxious poster, don't try to pretend that Warlord is unique to Socawarriors supporters.

16. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    anyways even if I were to tell Warlord to cool it, he would probably not give a flying fart, best case, lol anyway if u think it would help.

Warlord please ease off the El Salvadorian supporters. I know you're a true supporter, but riducling them serves no good purpose.

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Personally i've never said anything good or bad about Jack Warner. And i might be wrong but i don't think i've ever seen a Salvadoran say anything about him either. Most of the people who can't stop ranting about him are either from the USA, Mexico or Costa Rica. Have a look through the anti-Warner threads and i bet you you'd be hard pressed to find a post by a Salvadoran poster.

As for trolls, well yes unfortunatly we all do have them. But they aren't as bad as Warlord. Also, if you'd seen some of my posts you'd notice that when a Salvadoran begins to troll then i always try and shut him up or breakdown the points that he's trying to troll with (i.e. saying we are a quality team because we've had a decent run against South American teams in friendlies :rolleyes:). I don't defend trolls, especially those that are from El Salvador. If anything i'm harsher on them because i know that them saying something stupid gives us all a bad name. If you guys would do that with your own, then again, we wouldn't have so many problems.

18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Now you're just being silly. Obviously you know it's not just a problem just with us but with posters from other countries too. Again, the only thing that comes from Warlords posts is having the people that take his words seriously feel hate or dislike for your national team and/or country. Now maybe you don't care about that (and by your last comment i assume you don't), and if that's the case then fine. But then don't come out all defensive when everyone is hating on you and your team.

19. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    I was serious with that last comment not sarcastic, sorry I come off that way all the time.
    As for other posters hating or disliking our team because of Warlords antics. :rolleyes: that's one u can't sell to me. Ppl dislike us for what ever reason they do and that's their right. Warlord as I said before just facilitates them venting their existing prejudices.

I don't expect everyone to like our team but like u guys we don't want to be disrespected. So in that light I do not condone his disrespect of your team. Again the reason I and others haven't wasted our breathe telling him to stop is because he won't. U know exactly what he's going to say so why feed him.

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well i can only speak for myself but i never had anything bad to say about Trinidad & Tobago or Jamaica as a national team or a country before i "met" Warlord. In fact out of all of the CONCACAF nations that participated at the 2006 World Cup, i followed Trinidad the most.

Now adays, i don't support either Trinidad or Jamaica; and instead of supporting them when it comes to neutral games (that El Salvador is not a part of) i now see myself routing for them to lose.

Now maybe that's a little to much honesty for the BS boards but it just proves how a poster like Warlord can change someones perspective on a certain country. Realistically it shouldn't, but when you hear the same smack all the time it just gets to the point where you want his teams to fail simply for the fact that you know that that's the only way that he'll shut up :rolleyes::D

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    True. You're completly right. If we don't respond then he has nothing to work with. But at the same time, you guys backing him up doesn't help either. So it's a two part job to keep him quite.

You know what's funny though is that he'll no doubt he'll be loving the fact that we've spent so many posts and time discussion him specifically. It won't matter that the majority of the posts talk about him negatively. :D

He'll be over the moon about getting so much attention that he'll probabaly make one of his comments about me having a thing for him or something stupid like that :rolleyes:

I kinda feel bad for him in that respect. Because you have give him credit in that he does give it his all in terms of looking to stur people up. And if we don't reply then he'll have nothing to say, and what's he going to do then? All that time spent on BS looking for trouble, now soon to be a wasted effort. Is he going to go out on the street and look for it there? Nahh, it's Warlord right. No keyboard to hide behind means no confrontation. :D

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hello lads, first of all let me wish good luck to both teams. I'm not a fan of both but from what i've been seeing lately, i think El Salvador is going to take this one, i might be wrong but from what i saw of Trinidad last time, didnt convince me at all. Biggest problem, DEFENSE. El Salvador has been more consistant, but the secret for El Salvador's win tonight is that they dont let their guard down on the second half or else Trinis could give them a surprise.

ES 2 Trini 1

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

24. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You are sounding like the Mexicans when they told us we had no one in Europe and that no one knows who are players are. I'm pretty sure they know who Zelaya, Escobar, and Quintanilla are now though. You'll get your chance tonight to remember the players that eliminated your team. A little info:

Zelaya: Will run circles around your defense, he is short and wears #11.
    Castillo: Will burn your players down the left wing while doing some step overs, he is also short and wears #17.
    Quintanilla: Will show you the difference between T&T and ES, by showing you how much smarter our team is, he is also short and a little big and wears #10.
    Escobar: He won't let KJ touch the ball, you'll know who he is.

25. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Is he short too :p lol.
    Not adding Alvarez and Romero to your list?

(And I hope by smart u don't include rolling on the floor and wasting time if u happen to be leading)