(Pre-match) Trinidad & Tobago vs Costa Rica 6/6/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Apr 14, 2009.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Trinidad & Tobago vs Costa Rica

2. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    T&T to play this game at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Tobago.
    This Stadium only holds 7500. HC holds 22500 a lost of 15000 fans :eek:

This is a strange move :confused:

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    the name of the stadium is Dwight Yorke? Is he gonna play?

4. catrachogol

catrachogol New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    It is very strange... maybe the field really sucks and it will play to TT advantage.

5. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Yorke is from Tobago. This stadium was built for U17 WC in 2001 and named after him.

6. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This a must win for T&T, but I think Latapy and the boys can pull it off. A win here would be huge and puts T&T right back in the race for an automatic spot.

7. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    The field at this stadium is very good.

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I am happy with the stadium change, the less fans, the better for the CRNT

9. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Maybe since this is Tobago's first time hosting a WCQ the fans might be more loud than in Trinidad.

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    If im not mistaken I read somewhere that Hasely Crawford stadium capacity is25,000. Im very surprised about the venue change. They should have added at least another 10,000 seats at that Dwight Yorke Stadia. Its been 8 yrs since DYS hosted the U-17 WC.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    yeah whats the reason for the change?

CRn travel agencies are really pissed off for this, since now they need to book flights from Trinidad to Tobago and thats like $200 extra per package

12. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 2005 WCQs, they did same thing against the US except it was to forget the memories of 1989, I don't blame them. But I remember the stadium they used was cricket stadium and forget in which island it was. I wonder what the reason for this change is, maybe to gain advantage?

13. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    HC Stadium needed repairs, that is why T&T played the US at the Queen's Park Oval that year. It is in Trinidad about 10 min drive from HCS.

14. TVBIZ

TVBIZ Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Costa Rica and Trinidad & Tobago
    Kickin’ it for World Cup berth
    June 6 on PPV

HOBOKEN, NJ (April 30, 2009) – Two of soccer’s fiercest rivals and participants in the last World Cup in Germany, Costa Rica and Trinidad & Tobago, battle June 6 in a World Cup Qualifying match for a potential berth in next year’s FIFA World Cup, live on pay-per-view from Dwight Yorke Stadium in Trinidad & Tobago.

Integrated Sports and Traffic Sports USA are distributing the critical June 6th game live at 6 PM ET/3 PM PT on cable and satellite pay-per-view via iN Demand, TVN, DirecTV and Dish Network in the United States, as well as Viewer's Choice in Canada, for a suggested retail price of only $24.95

Costa Rica remained in second-place in final round play after registering a 1-0 win April 1st against El Salvador at San José's Estadio Ricardo Saprissa. Walter Centeno had the only goal of the match, keeping the Ticos' unbeaten streak alive against the Cuscatlecos in 12 meetings
    Trinidad & Tobago tied El Salvador, 2-2, and Honduras, 1-1, and lost to the United States, 3-0, but remains a strong contender, tied with El Salvador with two points each and within striking range of qualifying because third-place Honduras has only four points, followed by Mexico with three points.
    Costa Rica, only three days before facing Trinidad & Tobago, hosts group-leading United States in a World Cup qualifier.

Three teams will automatically qualify for FIFA World Cup™ South Africa 2010 at the

conclusion of CONCACAF Final Round, while the fourth-place finisher plays CONMEBOL's fifth-place team in a two-game series this November for one of the last two berths in the 32-team field.

Integrated Sports: North America’s leading distributor of International Pay-Per-View and Closed Circuit sports events is Integrated Sports. Among the many events brought to North American viewers by Integrated Sports include numerous International soccer matches showcasing teams like Club America of Mexico and the National Team of Argentina. In addition, Integrated Sports has distributed World Championship boxing matches featuring Ricky Hatton, Christian Mijares, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones, Jr., Amir Khan, Nicolai Valuev and Ruslan Chagaev. For more information on upcoming Integrated Sports events visit www.integratedsportsnet.com.

Traffic Sports USA: Traffic Sports USA, based in Miami, is one of the leading soccer event management company in the North American, Central American and Caribbean region. Traffic Sports USA is the owner of the Miami FC professional soccer team (USL-1) and has been responsible for organizing and/or commercializing most of the international soccer events in the region including the vast majority of CONCACAF’s FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches, five of the last seven CONCACAF Gold Cups, the CONCACAF Champions Cup, the Under-17 CONCACAF Regional Championship, the Central American (UNCAF) Nations Cup, the Central American (UNCAF) Club Champions Cup, and hundreds of friendly matches. In 2008, Traffic Sports has organized several World Cup Qualifying matches in the United States including: Anguilla vs. El Salvador, Belize vs. Mexico and St. Lucia vs. Guatemala. Formerly known as Inter Forever Sports, Traffic Sports USA was established over 15 years ago. Traffic Sports USA is the regional subsidiary of Traffic Marketing Esportivo, the leading soccer event management company in Latin America, which owns the commercial rights to events such as Copa America, Copa Sudamericana and the Brazilian National Team World Cup Qualifiers.

-IS-

15. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Really?

I wouldn't say there's a fierce rivalry between Costa Rica and T&T.

:confused:

16. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Very quite in here I cud hear the crickets churping, again Im kinda glad every one's written us off, I think we play the underdog role better. Btw here's where we'll be playing; the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolette Tobago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.virtual-trinidadandtobago.com/ipx.cfm?i=2315

The stadium holds 7500 but with temporary stands could be closer to 8-9k ppl for the game.
    I think this has to be the first time anyone in CONCACAF or the world for that matter will be captining a team in a stadium named after them.

17. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Trin who will T&T be missing? I know about Stern John being injured...but i also read Dwight Yorke is out...is that true?

We will be without Freddy Fernandez and Junior Diaz due to cards. The most likely replacements will be Gonzalo Segares and Dario Delgado or Pablo Herrera depending if Segares plays LB or CB. Harold Wallace also came out tonights match with an injury so we'll have to wait and see.

18. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Dwights not out, this is his first game back after suspension from the Elsalvador game. It was supposed to be initially 4 games, got reduced to 2. Both he and Birchall will be back for this game so we'll pretty much be at full strength, which we'll need after the smack down yall put on the US last night.

19. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    What do you think Trinidad's lineup will be?

Here is what i think we'll be starting with...

-------Navas--------
    ---Umana----Delgado
    Wallace (Herrera)----Segares (Marshall)
    ----Celso----Centeno----
    Herron (Bolanos)-------Sirias
    ---------Ruiz------------
    ----------Saborio---------

20. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    If they go with a 4-4-2 it wud look something like this
    -------------------------------Ince

----Spann/Hislop----------Lawrence--------Andrews/Thomas---------John

-----Edwards-----------Birchall---------Yorke---------Daniel/Samuels

----------------Scotland---------------Jones

If three at the back it could look like this

--------------------------------Ince

--------------Hislop/Andrews------Lawrence-------A.John

---Carlos------------Birchall--------------Yorke-----------Samuels

-----------------------------Hyland/Daniel

----------------------Scotland/Glen---------------Jones

The 4-4-2 is the safer of the 2 but leaves us exposed to CRs talented midfield. If they go three at the back they neutralize the mid but all our defenders are relatively slow. Cud also sacrifice a striker and play the 4-5-1 which we've done under Maturana but that's not very attacking and we need to win this game. Thing is, its Latapy's first game as coach so we're all kinda unsure of what tactics he'll employ.

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    so we win this game and we are 90% in the WC :cool:

22. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    it would help a lot
    but i wouldn't say 90%

23. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    We will be in RSA 2010, and just like 2001, we'll win the Hex again.

USA, Mex en Hon should battle for the 2 other direct spots.

24. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Herrera for Wallace
    Marshal for segares
    Segares for Delgado
    and i agree on the rest

25. cacique

cacique New Member

Nov 21, 2001
    Austin
    If we win this and beat mexico at home we are practically in the world cup, they are both big ifs, but I think it's doable