Pre/In/Post - United- Atlanta Chapter v Rapids, Sat. 6/24 5PM

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SUNDROP

SUNDROP Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Grand Junction,CO USA
    Seriously, how many times did the Rapids connect 2 or more passes tonight? Pathetic. Taking the longer view - why, over 22 seasons, have we virtually never had a squad (or a coaching staff) that seems to understand the basic concept of running off the ball? And making a simple, accurate pass on the ground? Of our 7 coaches (not counting Wegerle), only Pareja had an offensive background or mindset. Most U-13 teams have better movement and passing than what we saw tonight. An expansion team out-possesses us 73% to 27%. Atlanta is a genuinely fun team to watch. The Rapids are painful to experience.

2. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

Stuart95, COMtnGuy, wormhole and 5 others repped this.
  3. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
    There is no cohesiveness with this team. I was there as one of maybe 20 Rapids fans out of 45,000 Atlanta fans. Big difference in support and atmosphere between the 2 clubs. Totally pathetic.

SccrDon, fortcollins, jimijam28 and 2 others repped this.
  4. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The fans stood the whole game, chanting, talking tactics, ect. The only time they sat down was during the "water" breaks. It was amazing. Unlike PM who sat on the bench, arms crossed the whole game until the last 5 minutes during extra time when he stood up yelling animatedly as if that was now the time to make something happen. Palm to forehead. I say this being a Rapids supporter since 1998. Even being Dillon Sernas first soccer coach in Thornton, Co when he was 5, 6 and 7 years old. I'm done with this club.

5. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
  6. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
  7. ballso

ballso Member

Jun 22, 2007
    My money is now going to be spent on that fish and ski boat my family has always wanted. See you all on the lake. Peace.

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched the replay. Did I just seriously wasted two hours of my life? I have no one to blame but myself. I had the option of the condensed version on the MLS app. Jesus. I am an idiot. With that said..........Atlanta's attack scares the shit out of me so the fact that we managed 1-nil loss playing for four fullbacks and no true center back is not bad. I'm not going to say impressive because it was far from that but...........it's surprising. The boys had chances tonight. Beyond frustrating that they cannot put them away. Other than that I can't add much to what has already been said about the game. We are all in agreeance. If you're not......well you are delusional just like Pablo and the RFO.

9. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I don't think it's been a boring game, but the Rapids haven't contributed anything in this half. Forgot about the Rockies so can't speak to that. Also DVR'ed 2nd half so for me it was about a 4 hour halftime.

10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I thought it had moments, but maybe I just haven't seen a game n awhile. No Europe, no NHL, no NBA, not doing Confed Cup, etc...

11. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Having said that, the score was less lobsided than the play. Rapids could have lost this 5-0.

SccrDon repped this.
  12. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    #62 Sports Yak, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Cyril in the movie Breaking Away: "But I thought that was the plan. That we'd waste our whole lives together."

fortcollins and Stuart95 repped this.
  13. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm frustrated but I love live soccer; the Switchbacks are closer but I like the players and level of play in MLS better. I just hope the Rapids' apparent "plan" of adding a scoring option this summer pans out.

14. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Rapids are in last place again. Two more home games may drag them out of the cellar, but then they'll have all those road games to make up.

3 horrible seasons in 4 have warped my perspective. I don't get that mad any more at losses because it is becoming the expected thing.

15. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad I ditched the Wooden Spoons to watch the Rockies-Dodgers game. Kershaw is a beast, and he silenced the Rockies for his 6 innings. Even though the Rockies lost, it was fun seeing two really good teams play.

I read the thread. It sounds like everyone partied like it's 2015. grrrrrr. I'll skip the replay and watch some of the other matches. My sympathies to all who braved this disaster.

By the way, I watched the Rockies with the same group of friends who were Rapids STH with me for so many years. The Rapids never came up in our conversation last night.

kucsdat, Totoro and Rod1916 repped this.
  16. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It does seem like we are in the same position as two years ago, when it was all hope, no skill. Atlanta is far more skilled than the Rapids and they are an expansion team. And once again, thank you JJ for making us look like a relatively decent team last year.

17. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes. I just saw the video on Castillo's mugging of Leandro. What the heck was Castillo doing on that play? How was that only a YC?

Any bets that DisCo reviews that play and pens Castillo?

kucsdat, Paranoid Coyote and JasonMa repped this.
  18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's a given

fortcollins repped this.
  19. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I thought it should have been red at the time.

fortcollins repped this.
  20. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A 4-0 result would not have flattered Atlanta. We only got 27% possession and 1 SOG against an expansion team.

We stink.

fortcollins repped this.
  21. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I came in from playing in the mountains for that game. Next time I'm going to let the game go and stay out having fun.

Paranoid Coyote, kucsdat, Totoro and 3 others repped this.
  22. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...................................can I buy a vowel???

R