PRE / IN GAME / POST Chicago Fire vs. Colorado Rapids 5-17-17

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by jayd8888, May 16, 2017.

1. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    A nap would have been better.

2. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I was expecting bad, but 1-0 bad. Not we're at a different level bad. Turned to Empire at 8. I had never turned to a TV show during a game before.

Felt a bit sorry for Tim Howard. His facial expressions were tough to see.

3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    [QUOTE="Sports Yak, post: 35455158, member: 109119"
    Felt a bit sorry for Tim Howard. His facial expressions were tough to see.[/QUOTE]
    What do you suppose that's like being one of his defenders?

"Blankety blank! Blank blank guys, stop playing like blanking blanks and play some blanking defense!"

Ah gee Tim, is your tourette's acting up?

[Head explodes]

4. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    The CONCACAF champions league will be interesting. Our only home game could turn into a player and immediate family affair and the first double digit embarrassment for MLS.

After last season, then this farce, then to add insult to injury my season tickets went up 20%. This is unacceptable...i want a refund KSE!!!

COMtnGuy, jimijam28 and Dom. FC repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Sam getting playing time last night I had to break out the Hamilton soundtrack today. Plus it allows me to celebrate somebody beating a red team...

6. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I endured the match with friends. I really didn't feel like posting last night. I was too busy repeatedly extracting my palm from my face. We finally got to see one team play good soccer. We finally got to see a team rebuilding the right way. Both of those achievements belonged to Chicago, however.

Positives:
    + Armando Villareal let the Rapids play. If he had drawn cards, Badji would have been sent off with a straight red for his 39' studs-up tackle on Schweinsteiger. (I wouldn't be surprised if DISCO reviewed that and penned him for a match.) Badji could also have been sent off for his studs-up tackle later in the first half (on Kappelhof?). Hairston got away with a handball. Watts got away with a YC on his tripping foul.

Negatives:
    - Nicolic has 10 goals for Chicago. The Rapids as a team have 8.
    - Chicago put on a clinic of how to settle, pass, maintain possession, build attacks patiently, and change field for effect. The Rapids seemed bewildered when Chicago did these things.
    - Solignac looked good. It's amazing how much better ex-Rapids look when they are surrounded by real talent and coached with purpose.
    - The closest the Rapids came to scoring was a Chicago near own goal. *shock*
    - The Rapids had 7 total shots. Three of them weren't even in the 18 and one almost resulted in a throw-in.
    - Saeid reminds me more and more of Nico Hernandez.

SccrDon, Totoro, kucsdat and 4 others repped this.