Pre-Game Thread -- MLS Cup 2006 -- 11/12

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, Nov 6, 2006.

1. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Re: Good Luck!

We feel you pain, as we went through the same thing when the Oilers left and became the Titans, making it to the SuperBowl. Thanks for your support and hopefully we can all celebrate tomorrow!

2. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lengthy MLSnet game preview finally up here.

injuries:
    NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION -- OUT: DF Marshall Leonard (L Achilles tendon repair); QUESTIONABLE: MF Daniel Hernandez (R foot); PROBABLE: MF Clint Dempsey (R ankle sprain); FW Pat Noonan (R sports hernia); MF Shalrie Joseph (R hand); FW Taylor Twellman (L hernia/hip); MF Steve Ralston (R leg contusion)
    HOUSTON DYNAMO -- PROBABLE: DF Adrian Serioux (L knee sprain)

referees:
    Today's referee will be Jair Marrufo from El Paso, Texas, who will be presiding over his first MLS Cup. He has been an MLS referee since the 2002 season. Over the regular season, Marrufo officiated 12 matches, calling an average of 26.8 fouls per match (seventh fewest among 28 referees) and issuing an average of 3.2 yellow cards (16th out of 28). He sent off one player and whistled two penalties. The assistant referees will be Craig Lowry and Nate Clement. Coincidentally, the pair also ran the lines in the 1999 MLS Cup Final at Foxboro Stadium. For Lowry (New Holland, Pa.), it's his fourth MLS Cup (1999, 2000, 2003); for Clement (Middletown, Del.), it's his third (1999, 2004). The fourth official will be Kevin Stott (Chino, Calif.), who was the referee for MLS Cup 2001 and 2005.

24 hours and 24 minutes...

3. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    You gotta love this:

Yeah, right...like most of these guys won't play.

I think I am officialy starting to get nervous.

4. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston

Trust that I will lose my voice come Sunday evening! YO SI! YO SI! LE VOY A NARANJA!

5. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. current weather.com forecast for Dallas for 3 pm tomorrow, which is probably a likely kickoff time, considering the pregame la-di-da the league and ABC will do at 2:30 -

sunny 64F
    humidity 31%
    winds SSE 12mph (which doesn't seem too bad, I think, at least it's not 20-25 mph from the north)
    chance of rain 10%

2. speaking of TV, the post earlier this wk about Univision starting their new partnership w/MLS by having Republica Deportiva live at PHP pregame sure made me wish they were carrying the game, that way I could tape their broadcast and avoid Dave O'Brien. Guess I'll just have to watch the same way I did w/the ECF, w/the sound turned down...

6. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As an FC Dallas fan, you might be surprised that I'm wishing you well, but I am. I have enjoyed watching your entertaining style of attacking soccer all year, and feel that you have a very strong chance of winning the whole thing.

Now that you are a part of the Lone Star State, it is my solemn duty to support your run for the Cup. Best of luck, and enjoy your visit to Dallas!:)

...But we still want the cannon back!

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yea,but them hot chicks from RD will be there from 10AM to 11AM.and our Convoy will get there after 11 :mad:

8. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the sound of this ref.

9. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from MLSnet article on Dalglish:

Besides the strong team chemistry in Houston, something else not lost on Dalglish has been the incredible fan support the team receives from its legions of fans.

"It's like an army," he said. "They're coming in full force. The guy from Gallery Furniture is doing an amazing job organizing a convoy for thousands of fans to come here. It will be a great turn for our engine. Hopefully we can do them proud."

Hey, Paul, it's not like an army - it IS an army! :D

10. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bandido, keep hope alive! According to the press release about the RD broadcast, they will be there from 10 am to noon! And perhaps those chicas might hang around for pics and autographs for at least a little while afterward...just tell the cops leading the caravan that you have an extremely important pre-game engagement! ;)

11. The Spleen

The Spleen New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    San Antonio, Tejas
    I didn't particularly like O'Brien during the world cup, but at least he's getting better. The reviews about his commentary from the DC/NE match were good. I watched the game and it was bearable as oppossed to the world cup were I couldn't help change the channel.

12. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean last week's broadcast where he talked about how Pablo Ruiz scored the winning goal in the 2002 MLS Cup?

:rolleyes:

13. The Spleen

The Spleen New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    San Antonio, Tejas
    Yeah! I didn't say he was perfect...I just said he's getting better. Those kind of idiotic comments occurred non-stop during the world cup. The only other person I can comparer him to is Bill Walton calling nba games, now that's painful!

14. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Luck Houston!

If it's not asking too much, hammer twellman and noonan into the turf.

I'm not bitter. :)

Houston Dynamo 4 - 1 nerevs

15. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will, Don't worry! Looking for another Ching Bicycle to send the Yanks back home.
    On another note. If the Dynamo wins this game ,Besides the stupid looking cup, Does the team get a monetary bonus compensation too?? Forgive me for not knowing that, but I don't remember it being discussed . :cool:

16. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so ticked off. I just read yet another article on the game that reports totally from the "wouldn't it be great if the Revs can finally win a Cup for Dempsey's farewell" mode. This one is in Yahoo Sports Saturday evening and no, I'm not going to link it because it sucks.

I hope the team is ticked off as well. I'll always believe that the no. 1 reason the Quakes beat the Fire in the 2003 Cup was (1) that they were ranked as underdogs (2) the Fire won every frickin' award at the MLS Awards Show the night before the Cup. Absolutely no respect at all. As if the Cup were really just a coronation for the Fire.

Kinda like most of the coverage this year for the Revs.

Anyway, the team came out and kicked some serious butt that day. Good luck tomorrow, Houston!

17. 3VIL L33T

3VIL L33T New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Bring a towel to the tailgate

Because i have champagne and you will get sprayed (after the game!)

:D