Practice up at the U Today

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by angusean, Mar 28, 2005.

1. angusean

angusean New Member

Jan 12, 2003
    salt lake city
    Since it is spring break for my kids, we went and watched practice, had a great time, my boys enjoyed it too...here are my general observations.
    1- D.J Countess looked sharp, made a couple of great saves (as did Noah Palmer) and came over and talked to the kid next to us with the keeper jersey on.
    2- Jason Kreis was on! Moved around alot, looked sharp, strikes a nice ball and even blasted one off the lower extremities of Cameron Knowles (we were 20 yards away) but Cameron got up, but I don't know how.
    3 Eddie Pope is just so very calm and composed.
    4- Clint Mathis looked a mixture of hung over and just plain surly, didn't say much at all, he had the orange jersey (going both ways) the whole practice and just kinda moved around, maybe he's not a practice player, but at the same time had an influence on the practice by hs demeanor, but make no mistake the skill is there. Alot of the conversation around the field was about his coming home from the Mexico game early, but that's for another thread.
    5- About 100-150 people there, very impressive, all the networks were there and Tom Kirkland even congratulated my kid on losong his first tooth and mentioned KSL will be showing 5 games this year.

2. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was great actually seeing the team we have been hearing so much about for so long.

And I'm not sure how Knowles got up either. Kreis really launched that one. It was a very pretty volley too.