Potential 2026 WC Hosts (Split)

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by puertorricane, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Learned about Rivera through my research of FALN in the 12th grade 5 years ago when I had to write a paper about the FLQ. I compared FALN and the ETA to them. Boy how I wish I still had that hard drive so that I could put you in your place right now.

2. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Keep lying to try and make yourself look smart

[]__[]

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

The road towards independence has already started and there's no turning back. Soon you will see Puerto Rico join the rest of the world and stop being a colony and join the rest of latin american in taking part as a member in La CELAC. I expect half of the population of Puerto Rico to leave for the states taking all the drug dealers, whores, and lazy foodstamp taking, no education not working mother ********ers with them, which in turn make PR a great place to live and to invest.

[]__[]

4. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do you have anything intelligent to add? Or are you just gonna be childish?

Unless you are a child. What are you, 13, maybe 14 years old?

5. themightymagyar

Aug 25, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seem to recall that something like less than a third of the island wanted independence, and the rest either wanted to stay a commonwealth or become a state. Don't know what you're talking about.

6. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's not how it works there are a lot of things that are taken into consideration and the first one is that Statehood is not an option.

[]__[]

7. themightymagyar

Aug 25, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to who? Every single referendum I've seen has had statehood as an option (with that usually getting higher percentages than independence).

The 2012 referendum was 44% statehood, 4% independence. 1998 referendum was 46% statehood, 2% independence. 1993 it was again 46% statehood, and 4% independence.

Face it. Most people on the island want to remain in some way associated with the US, either as a state or some type of commonwealth.

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

The US will never grant statehood to PR is just a fact, independence is around the corner.

Non biding referendums, the US will never accept a referendum with statehood as an option. Once commonwealth, which is a colony status is taken of the table independence will have the mjority vote.

And one thing neither or you two understand is that in the early 20th century from the 20s to 50s, 80% of Puerto Ricans wanted independence. Heck even before the US took over PR there was an independence movement in PR to leave Spain. But once the US took over they jailed, killed and persecuted most of their leaders and even made having, possessing, waiving the Puerto Rican flag illegal. The national anthem was made illegal and in the end was changed because the original was too revolutionary. People have been brainwashed and pushed into dependency to the US. Once the umbilical cord is cut and people are educated they will see that independence is the best option and best course of action for PR and puerto ricans. 600yrs of colonialism has created a big dependency mainly in the minds of people.

[]__[]