Rumor: Post World Cup Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well yes, its Iran.

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If they don't gonna bring either Bielsa, Tata (not relevant anymore) Dunga or something in this caliber, than yes, I also think they should keep Reyes.

I'm not a fan of Queiroz as well, and I don't think he'll do good with Colombia but I wouldn't compare his job with Iran with his may do with a better squad. Don't forget that Pekerman also failed as a senior coach until he took us and with us he had a success. Let's hope and see.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He got knocked out by Germany in Germany for not putting in a young Messi in

Not by England for starting 11 defenders

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't talk about his Argentina's job, I mean the rest of his career, like in the Mexican league. His only success was with Argentina, although I'm not agree that a QF elimination is a "success" even though it was in Germany.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that was quick.

anyway, manager will be Carlos Queiroz.

crzdcolombian and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Reyes is not a realistic option.
    He is focused on the Sub 20 Sudamericano which is coming up and hopefully the World Cup in Poland.
    He cannot do both Sub 20 World Cup and Copa America.
    And you can't just take him away from the group of youth players like that and bring in a new manager.
    I think it would hurt us in the long run both at the Senior Level and the Junior level.

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    they started their Asia Cup Campaign yesterday with a 5-0 vs Yemen. Yes, it's Yemen but glad to see Queiroz can put the right men on the field. That Yemen GK at fault in all 5! :confused::rolleyes:

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah for sure you have to do what you have to do with the players and opponent you have. My biggest issue is in the World Cup when they needed to switch tactics and attack when down they really didn't seem to do that, but there are a lot of factors that go into that so who knows. The profile I'd be looking for is someone who can play progressive attacking football and utilize the creativity we have at our disposal, his profile doesn't fit that at all imo but hopefully I'm wrong.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This asshole is receiving firsts again:

i imagine queiroz will become bad in the moment he closes the doors

It will be queiroz -reyes : so reyes will do the called up for copa america.

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Reason he wants to leave Iran is he wants a contract to 2022. Not till the Asian cup Is over which he might win. Seems he is using us to get more money or a better contract

From the way it’s stated above it almost seems like we are using him as Reyes guide so if he fks up we blame him and not Reyes. Like the Comensana/Leonel NT. Don’t see him signing on for that.

Also Reyes isn’t Yepes or Falcao or James to warrant that type of respect. He was a youth coach for Junior. Didn’t get the big boy job then our U20 coach. Our fed is super cheap and made him play 4 games with the senior team against scrub sides. His only legitimate test the team played like utter shit

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Usually when someone says a person is using that company to get more money it is because it is either a lateral move or a step down.

Colombia has much more talent and is a step up from Iran so it does not make sense in this context Crzd. He would have to be stupid to want to stay in Iran instead of jumping ship to a better situation with better resources for a World Cup run in 2022.

pepinointer and villus repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So he is off contract and coaching him. Why didn’t he just come directly here once it ended

I just don’t want us to be caught with our pants and dicks out at the end of the month

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It could be because of the stipulations being discussed about how he has to live in Colombia and have some sort of Colombian staff.

It could just be he was not 100% certain he wanted to coach another National team. Some were saying he was interested in the Manchester United job.

There could be many reasons and anyone's guess is as good as mine.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not to mention our Federation probably messed things up some how. He may not have been their number one target.

17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

As I've mentioned previously, don't know much about Carlos Queiroz. But taking a look at some previous posts/comments from BS Iran posters, it seems like he's run his cycle with that team. Much more concerning is that they feel he's a VERY defensive DT, who prefers physicality over brains on the field...in other words more or less the Lara type. Maybe the way he plays with Iran has more to do with the assets he's got at his disposal and the type of conference they play in.... but if that's not the case I'd be sincerely disappointed as that strategy was one of many most used when criticizing Pekerman.

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1843 HomietheClown, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    He is a new set of eyes though. He could bring in players from all over who have not been given a chance and players who have not been called up for years just because they fit into his system or playing style.

I take what he did with Iran with a grain of salt and weigh more the way he had Portugal playing in 2010. They were not the best team but they were not horrible either.

Let's see what happens if /when he becomes the manager.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At this point, I am all for him. Hope he delivers the goods. Forza Portugues

pepinointer repped this.
  20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think he'll be that terrible honestly.

Baal88 repped this.
  21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just feels like a random target. Hope when announced they provide clear rationale/objectives they had for their search and how he fits.

RafaLarios repped this.
  22. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Carlos Quieroz is brilliant. He doesn't play ultra defensive because they are a weak team (which is false to begin with) he plays like that because its the nations philosophy. All their youth sides are the same.

Iran in my opinion were the best Asian side at the World Cup and they were done over by being in a tough group, yet still took it to Spain and Portugal at some points. They also have some brilliant players such as Azmoun, Taremi, Dejagah, and Alireza.

What Quieroz has done right is gel them into a very well drilled side that could give anyone a game. Just like they did Spain and Portugal.

Congratulations to Colombia if Quieroz is truly going there. He's really good.

Doogs, pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't think he'll be any more defensive than Pekerman was in his latter years. Iran are ultra defensive because that's their philosophy, but they conceded I think 2 goals in the late Asian qualifying stage? Yet whenever they go forward they have a clear attacking game plan. Both in the World Cup, and this current Asian Cup where in my opinion they have been by far the best team.

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    feels random to us because no one here really knows anything about him or Iran. I personally don't really have an opinion, just waiting to see how it goes.

25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    also, Queiroz is 100% happening to anyone still doubting it. Should be announced soon