Rumor: Post World Cup Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1651 pepinointer, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    i dont know.....if i could say that we were defensive minded team........i think we were more organized to attack and dosed the attack to use in the important moment (im talking about rueda and pekerman...the other coaches were a disaster). We won with a diference of 1, 2 and 2. not like heavy wins.........of difference of 4 goals or 3 that we had like 12 timnes with pekerman.........the accuaracy of the team not rely only in the definition of their players, but in the way how they approach to the opponent....with "surprise" because isnt good idea to be predictable..but i think that is the job of a serious coach......the colombian journalñist and colombian fan (not talking about you) should educated much better.....is so basic......for them the good pllayers are the snakes like chara, that transport the ball and dont have idea to play in team

Yeah we have excpetions that we really played to defend.....but imho the last matches more than offesnsive side i watched a team that was very inefficient that ran a lot of to get simialr results that we got in the past.......remember that a year ago we won 4-0 in a friendly camerun and we were able to scored more than 3 goals to france.....with less arrivals, just more cerebral and clear.......our 2 first goals yesterday was because an individual dribble of bacca that trasnport more than a player should do and a rebound..........

In a sidee, Usa should have played better against peru, is a weaker side, look his roster:

Feywenood and Flamengo are the biggest team of that list........i dont want to be arrogant but we always have to be ahed of them......yeah havent been that clear recently..but i think is more of a crisis of the other southamerica teams.

upload_2018-10-17_14-18-4.png

kromekote repped this.
  2. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Chile's team pressed from front to back, even though they attacked they didn't have weak spots in their lineup who couldn't defend which allowed them to get the ball back quickly, we can't do that with JFQ, James, Falcao and Bacca that's lots of offense without the ability to regain possession or press. Chile had Vidal, Alexis and a bunch of really good two way players. We can do the same but we'd need to play guys like Cucho, Borja, Muriel up front who can press and defend from the front when we do lose possession and James and JFQ would have to bring their defensive work rate up as high as possible. I'd love for us to play that way, but we'd have to be using the young forwards and not Falcao and Bacca.

3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    tbf, the USA nearly beat Peru, they didn't equalize until the last 3 minutes of the game.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the ambition of that peruvian players is horrible....how all of them after the world cup decide to go to shitty leagues and teams......

Doogs repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No Eu pass and their WC wasn’t that great.

Also same reason why only 2-3 Nacional players got to go abroad when they won everything in South America. Euro teams want Argie/Brazilian players with EU passes + shit agents.

Gabi goal went to Inter for 35 million + 3.5 million euro a season. Marlo’s Moreno who did better that year and was younger went for how much? 7? His team fking won!!! Both turned out to be garbage but the amount Brazilian garbage goes for is insnae!

Santa Fe won the Sudamericana. With Mina as a starter he went to Brazil and before playing Barca put a 1st option on him.

Euro team don’t scout Peru and they don’t scout colombia. They go to Nacional or Dep Cali and see what u23 guy scored the most.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You mixed a lot of unnecesary hings without previous knowlegde that doesnt aplly to the case

Carillo was in europe and decuded to go to arabia

Ruidiaz was in mexico and decided to go to mls

Cueva was in sao paulo and decided to go to russia.

Ramos decided to go to arabia

They just decided to become worse after the world cup

Feyernood and flamengo are the most prestiguous teams of their players....

Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Furnaccio and pepinointer repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha they got a mls coach. Not that he is a bad coach or anything but it must really hurt their pride they are getting a coach from the US/MLS

As for Tata a guy who wants to live in peace. Mexico is a weird choice. They also didn’t pay Osorio that muc don’t know how much he will make.

Tata should have came to colombia or coach the US but o well

CalamityX18 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Just catching this.

The other pivotal spots, in the midfield, are actually in good shape. From starters to off the bench. So no need for me to look at them when they are putting in the work at a good rate IMO.

I look at striker, the heel to our attack(IMO). And who occupies that space more than anyone(outside a post injured healthy Falcao), Bacca. So yes, Bacca then becomes under my microscope.

Seems fair? Or should I go back to EA sports?

10. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    Looking at the schedule, seems that Copa America '19 starts in June

I'm not sure I can confirm, but are the Conmebol WC qualifying starting in July 2019?

If that's the case, I can see Reyes sticking all the way thru Copa and that would be his, perhaps, sales pitch to be manager of the team(if that's what he wants).

A successful run in the Copa would surely give him the keys(it would look good to the public/fans). A bad run, well a quick hook and a quick search n hire for the WCQ.

11. CalamityX18

CalamityX18 Member

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Jun 19, 2018
    I think with the new crop of US players, Tata would have had some good fits across the field.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Usually Qualifying starts up the September FIFA dates after the Copa America.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No one has mentioned this around here but rumors have been swirling that Rueda will step down from Chile and take the Colombia job.

I personally think it is all just smoke by some in the Chilean press. Rueda seems to have more class and integrity than that.

But you never know. I am sure he is torn on the inside and may find it tempting if the Federation is somehow reaching out to him.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If he is leaving have to be related with mayne nicholls assumption....despite the possible new president confirm that rueda is his friends....but rumours say that he have another coach

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rueda would be great. Honestly the amount of time they have taken it better be someone awesome. And not Pinto or Tolimas coach. Not that I have any thing against Tolimas coach but he could have been hired after the WC. All the sit they threw at Pekerman he def wasn’t staying.

Hope it’s Tata or Rueda. Tatas contract is up in December unless he renewed

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no that rumor has been around for months.

the FCF already said no one who his affiliated to other teams will be considered.

the federation is not reaching out to him.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The newest rumor from the Chilean press has been floating around the last couple days.
    Not months.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i trust in this guy as a reliable source........at least he isnt disrispectful like other of his proffesionbal colleagues

sidspaceman and Doogs repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Since I am in the mood to bring up more smoke....

....Another crazier rumor is that Gareca may step down from Peru due to some political / federation scandal.
    (I know, I know pure humo.)

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But again he was free when we didn’t have a coach why did we waste 4 months!

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no. This one is true.

Peru could be kicked out of FIFA, meaning they wouldn't compete in any competitions. So logically, Gareca would need a new team.

sidspaceman repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No?
    Not to get into a game of semantics but technically Rumors cannot be truth. They are either verified as truth or verified as false.

So to say "no" is kind of misleading. It is just all rumors until a person signs on a dotted line somewhere.
    And to say he will sign with Colombia after a FIFA scandal after he steps down is something I want to happen but can't verify.

23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    do you not see the letter right above?

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I see the letter and I think you for posting it.
    It still does not verify that Gareca will be stepping down or coming to Colombia.
    But we shall see.

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Gareca or Rueda would be god sends. There is a scenario where Rueda could leave Chile amicably, they could be unhappy with what he's done so far and rather then fire him and pay his salary both parties could agree to part mutually. Doubt that would likely but if a coach isn't in it and as a federation you know that's the case, you'd be making a mistake imo to keep someone who's not fully committed.

J-Mezzy repped this.