Rumor: Post World Cup Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah the true is that reyes with all his negatives issues.....is better than pinto, dunga, bolillo and others.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am on the fence on this one.

Reyes has not done anything wrong, but to me it is like hiring a regional manager to be the CEO of a company. It is a nice novelty story in the short term but you can be screwed in the long term.

He is out of his league, was signed up to be a youth level manager and we don't know how he will do in pressure filled situations on a very big stage.

It is a whole different animal coaching with a lot of pressure in a Copa.

I say get someone who has at the very least had experience at the Senior level.

But if Reyes keeps his interim job I won't complain and just hope he does well.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes reyes is not the guy.....but is better thab other guys that want the charge :thumbsdown:

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Pinto incoming in 3,2,1...

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    "At least pinto not use bacca" the only important criteria to say if a coach is good or not

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    need pinto to find a job already so we can end these scary rumors

crzdcolombian and dapip repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Costa Rica hasn’t won in 10 games Pinto took them to the final 8 of a World Cup. He is a Nazi but got them results. Maybe they will run back to him like Ecuador did with Bolillo.

That can save us :). Adidas and our sponsored threaten to end our deal if we kept Bolillo don’t think they will let him return. Hopefully.

But guys please stop putting that out there :)

pepinointer repped this.
  8. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man you've got to accept that there is a possibility. These guys that run the federation are basically from the middle ages mentally, allowing Reyes to take charge this friendlies and getting some decent results was just a fluke. They haven't given It to Pinto because they know the international players would go on a strike and now our internationals not only have a lot of mediatic power but are a lot smarter and if they want they can make a big mess out of this.

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pinto will make Colombia Colombia again.

crzdcolombian and RafaLarios repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fixed it.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That was going to be my post but I just could not type it with a straight face.
    Just can't think of him doing anything but 0-0s

pepinointer repped this.
  12. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Stop saying his name!!!!!

Don't you know he is like the Colombian Beetlejuice

ryu79, BlueDamian, kromekote and 3 others repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have been saying it will either be Bolillo or Pinto for many months now.

I am not going to stop until someone else signs a contract.:ROFLMAO:

RafaLarios repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I forgot that you existed.

RafaLarios repped this.
  15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pinto as Sporting director. No player must be under 175 cm tall. You must run 4 miles in under 24 minutes to even be considered. But of course we'll always take someone Who has a free Kick accuracy of over 75% just in case sheer force and tactical fouls aren't enough to win. If you play in the local League it's always a plus.

RafaLarios repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the era of juan camilo angulo is coming??

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The New Bustos!!!

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A 6 minute mile isn’t fast. These are pros. I am super out of shape and walk some of the mile and can do it in a little over 6 minutes. When I was in high school it’s run 8 under 6 or run a 9th or puke. Being in shape is 60% of the game.

Did you guys noticed how gassed Costa Rica was and who we basically sprinted the whole game

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Isn't a Mile like 2 KM? If not then sorry, I use the metric system. Then 9 KM in 25 minutes.

RafaLarios repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

RafaLarios and Baal88 repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1.639 IIRC.

RafaLarios and Baal88 repped this.
  23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    One thing about this team's offense is that when on all cylinders, it can compete with the best. We saw glimpses of it with Pekerman (vs France, vs Poland, vs Ecuador) but Pekerman couldnt get that same thruput game in game out, even in friendlies. Whoever takes over that this team has to understand that our best defense is a strong and lethal offense.

The past 4 matches reminded me of Chile's golden generation when on the rise. They would attack with 5-6 people, with constant movement. They would have 7-8 shots on goal in 1st half easy. 2nd half would start similar and then play more of a defensive counter and wait to put the game away. And they would do it game after game. No reason why we can't do the same.

dapip, J-Mezzy and krass repped this.
  24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, our defense was horrible agisnt these shitty teams...........agaisnt argentina we deserved to losse, that was a better team...and we only created a clear goal option...with our "offensive" approiach.......for me we polayed very disorganized without order agaisnt one of the worse teams of the last wrold cup and agaisnt a team that didnt qualify to wc in concacaf.

Is super easy to attack US and defend like shit and winning..........but not aggsint all.

the teams should be balanced.............and colombia shouldt run the 90 minutes to ensure to win a match for 1 goal difference )cucho goals was at 90) .........i always had the sensation costa rica would have scored another depsite dont having the ball.

25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    These are friendlies and yes we faced some weaker opposition but we've also faced this same type of situation in the past where we didnt have any bite in attack or solidity in defense. Part of what we're showing is that this team is maturing and playing collectively and can make teams look weaker than they really are. Mexico was down 2x to Costa Rica last week before winning 3-2 in Mexico. The US played Peru pretty well yesterday and looked much more balanced than when they faced us. All this is also an attribute to our strengths and not always that they're a weak team.

where I'm going is we have always been a more defensive minded team with going back to even before Pekerman. Countless matches where it was Yepes or Cordoba or Roca in this recent generation being the MOTM. I'm not saying let's be careless or undisciplined and attack and attack but MANY games we've played in the past we erred on the sense of having a 'wait to see what they propose'.

I disagree 100% about CR, having watched the game as well, we dominated. Wasnt even close. Our issue was we became complacent way too fast with a 1-0 scoreline. Where we lack 'coaching' is being able to tell these players this isnt 'recocha' and the last touch has to be in the net. Up 1-0 and we were playing 'pretty' futsal without having the clean and simple finish some plays needed (like Cuadrado's pass to Cucho, which was beating the player deep and then choosing the easy pass to finish).

Our game vs Argentina, the 1st 20 minutes was to Argentina's favor but to say that we deserved to lose? I can't agree either. I found both teams playing on both halfs but with less bite. The result was just for a match that was a bit dull. Having watched them vs Brazil yesterday, this younger Argentina side is a lot more organized tactically and has a lot more garra/fight than the WC version but doesnt look so strong when with the ball. Brazil possessed most of the ball and controlled most of the game ---as they should, they're playing an Arg team 'in construction'. But there was no magic or sizzle from Arg.

RafaLarios repped this.