Rumor: Post World Cup Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Focus on the point.

Quintero had a good season in river and a good world cup....calling him was a right guess.

Always that someone argued the point that you are claiming......you try to talk something else.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think they might be waiting for the new federation people to chosen but at that point we might be left with no good choices. I don’t want anyone from our league.

Issue is that is end of August and we have a friendly 2-3 weeks later against Argentina!

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osorio...think so.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, he was a sub in a shit team. Fact they are Real or Barca means nothing if they were 20th out of 30 when you go.

Pekerman needs 0 excuse to call up Abel, Sanchez, Cristian Zapata, Gio Moreno and Quintero.

It worked out. But still don’t see Quintero as a starter or even on the bench. James Injury gave him spotlight but Cardona is much better and I. Rate Benedetti above Quintero as well.

Quintero does have a nice free kick but that isn’t enough to bench the guys with more goal especially with James being good with free kicks

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the point i'm trying to make is for the questionable WC callups Pekerman had, he made a great/ballsy decision with Quintero. i personally wouldn't have called JFQ and neither would any other manager if they were in charge of Colombia going into the WC.

Quintero kept us alive against Japan and was great against Poland. Against England, we went in with 3 DM's, so i had zero expectations for Quintero. it will be interesting to see how Quintero does with a full schedule ahead of him - both club and NT friendlies. i do have my concerns....

1. Farid - you do realize he was an emergency replacement. there were no legit options. were there?

2. Roca - yes, he had a disappointing WC, but no other manager in the world would have kept him off the Colombia NT prior to Russia.

3. Abel - i'll agree with you here - given the other CM's we had on the roster even before the World Cup - many were comfortable with the Roca-Barrios-Lerma-Uribe mix - i guess the only person who wasn't confident in that group was Pekerman.

4. Zapata - flip a coin with his role in the NT. Zapata must be content with his paycheck and role at AC Milan at this point of his career. truth is though - he's never let us down in the yellow shirt regardless of club form/fitness.

5. Oscar - i always liked him. i thought it was madness to start him in the first game (especially since he was injured for 2-3 months after the March friendly), but truth is he wasn't as bad in that japan game as you make him out to be. Davinson was worse. Oscar was and is a good reserve CB to have for us to start in a pinch. he proved that hand over fist throughout the WCQ's

End of the day - Pekerman didn't have any controversial exclusions except for maybe Cardona who likely buried his own grave and if I were Pekerman, i would have probably ate some pride and brought Cardona b/c apparently he was eligible to play in Russia.

most of the names you mentioned are you playing the "tuesday morning quarterback" card. i know you know better than that. besides - end of day it was lack of tactics, poor training/conditioning and lack of balls against England that did us in.

dapip repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you dont watch matches or even just follow the teams were our players at is diifcult to make a correct analysis.

In Argentina all press match that he was a beast of player. Dont deny facts..a lot of assits he made..at then end he was playing as starter.......Quintero have more than free kick and he showed more than that in wc

Cardona actually had a terrible season with boca. (from jasnaury to june)...crtics and benchs in boca.....so if you are so obssesed with players in good shape...cardona netiher shouldnt be there

Moreno didnt go to the world FYI.......

ps: Even Roca Sanchez had a good season with espanyol

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, but calling Gio moreno kept out Cucho and Benedetti and Any other youth prospect on the NT

Cuellar was kept out for a injured Sanchez and Abel because Pekerman didn’t scout.

Look agree to disagree but I have made it clear I don’t like him. Hate he wouldn’t play friendlies, call up players and had a core of players who didn’t deserve to be on the team. His results are 80% James or Cardona and then later on Mina saving his ass.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si Mina, Davinson, Mojica, Barrios, Lerma, Borja, Izquierdo, Cardona, Matheus Uribe ya estaban en la Selección antes de Pekerman y antes del 2014.........todos son viejos....."pekerman no llama a nadie nuevo"

Dificil que el proximo tecnico llame mas nuevos jugadores que Pekerman en los ultimos 4 años........

Que fea esa mania de faltar a la verdad de los hechos siempre.

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm almost certain you've never even seen Benedetti play in your life.

dapip, J-Mezzy, Froboy69 and 2 others repped this.
  10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes in FIFA

J-Mezzy and dapip repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have caracol and catch Cali Games also foxsports shows the sudamericana ones.

So I have seen him. Like Roa too but he seems kind of like another Macnelly.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Roa no tiene nada de caracteristicas similares a Macnelly, en mi opinion.........es un jugador mas de banda

kromekote repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Roa is nothing like Macnelly

elviejomen and pepinointer repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Meant more he is great 1 game looks NT quality then wtf is he for the next couple. Super inconsistent

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Entonces podemos sospechar que no ha visto a roa ni a benedetti, no??

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Same will happen with bendetti if cali wont release him......

roa had a problem of motivation

Macnelly usually in nacional was super consistent with his performance...actually benedetti havent been so constant....

Dude isnt a problem if you havent watch matches.......but just dont say that x players i better than others........just because you read that is young and promosing...

Cruzifero repped this.
  17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Quintero could have taken us to the World Cup final on his 5'5 back and Crzd would still say that he shouldn't be called and that Benedetti and Cardona were better.

Froboy69 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Then make some damn mofongo!

HomietheClown, dapip and Furnaccio repped this.
  19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The more Crzd talks the more he show us that he don't watch the Colombian league

jay luis repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just the colombian??

Cruzifero, kromekote, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was about to say the same shit. XD

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is living off his hype from youth level. Hope this year stuff turns around for him but people make him seem like he is as good as James
    God was a sub today....

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Most people here are critical of Quintero... but you cant say it was a mistake to take him when he was one of our best players in the WC..

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintero did what I predicted: in case of James not being able to play, he can be that x-factor as well when we need more than just James and Quintero did that.

pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm a non believer but he had a solid WC, easily one of our only shining stars.

Furnaccio, elviejomen and pepinointer repped this.