(Post thread) Honduras vs Costa Rica 8/12/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Jun 7, 2009.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Honduras vs Costa Rica

2. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR
    Re: (Pre-Match) Honduras vs Costa Rica 8/12/09

Definitely CRC is going hurt Honduras, either with a victory or with a tie. Honduras has more names, but Costa Rica is stronger as a team and players believe more in ther selves.

DADDY is going to Honduras to teach a lesson!

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Its too early to predict this game, if we play them next week, we win, but in a couple of months a lot of things can change. Depending on some scores of the next matchday, we could get the ticket to SA in this game.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Honduras is gonna be playing with a chip on their shoulders. expect Suazo to play. this is San Pedro Sula, we're a different team at home like mexico ;) and we all remember what happened there.

5. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I would put Honduras as the favorite at home against any Concacaf side. I am biased but Honduras has yet to lose/tie at home this time around. and we are the only team to have gone to usa/mexico and actually given them a game. The ticos impress me thou, they are the only team to have actually outplayed us on the road and beat us convincingly. Props to them.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

but thats the story for every home team this hex. Mexico even beat teams convincingly in el azteca. no different here they'll see the hammer get dropped on them.

7. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Suazo will be back for this game most likely, He played against Costa Rica but played injured he shouldn't have even played a half of that game. 3 days earlier to that game he was playing the portuguese clasico (Benfica Vs. Porto) and a vicious foul by argentine Lucho was the cause of the injury. It'll be a good game, but honestly, I can't see anyone going to Honduras and taking points from them, especially not after seeing how many chances Trinidad missed against the Ticos. You win at home, we win in ours.

8. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

It will be a completeltly different game than in the sapprisa in the olimpico Honduras seemunbeatable against CONCACAF opposition. I really hope Suazo will there, if match fit he could prove to be the diffrence.

9. cacique

cacique New Member

Nov 21, 2001
    Austin

Interesting game, I think the sides are well matched. Even getting a tie would be a good deal for Costa Rica. Momentum is on CRs side, but a lot can change with the Gold Cup.

10. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK

Do you think Bolanos and Borges will start this game i understand they have been doing well for the NT just like they are at the club lvl.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I expect 10 points and to be tied for 2nd with the USA when the nights over.

12. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Don't like to say it but this may be the game that brings us back down to earth. If we play the type of defense we did in Tobago against Honduras in San Pedro Sula, we'll be eaten alive. From what I've seen, this is going to be our most difficult match (and might be the most entertaining if both teams attack, like I think they will;) still he have the hex's most brilliant manager...

[​IMG]

This won't be a cakewalk for Honduras either.

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I actually think CR doesn't really have a chance in SPS. For the simple fact that CR just dominated them in SJ, therefore the Catrachos are going to go all out and will most likely be at full strength.

14. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

De Los Cobos. :cool:

15. cacique

cacique New Member

Nov 21, 2001
    Austin

Borges will definitely start, he's scored 3 goals in the last two games. Bolanos is tricker, he's come on as a sub, with good results, the last two games. I'm sure Bolanos will end up playing in Honduras, but he might be a sub again.

16. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

The only player we will be missing due to cards is Bryan Ruiz. He's great but like the team showed Saturday he isn't indispensable...he didn't do anything and once Bolanos came in for him we played much better. I think another important thing to look at is that the match is in 2 months....if no injuries occur...expect to see most of these defenders back that didn't play against Trinidad...

- Gilberto Martinez (needs to stay healthy...Tuma is our missing link in Defense)
    - Freddy Fernandez (his leadership was missed in Trinidad)
    - Roy Myrie (his physique is similar to the strong Honduran players)
    - Harold Wallace (his experience his important)
    - Carlos Johnson (good physique to battle Honduran players)
    - Junior Diaz (same as Myrie and Johnson)
    - Leo Gonzalez (much much better than Marshall due to his experience)

Another important factor can be what players Honduras might be missing for this match...like every team...they have a lot of players with yellow cards...so we gotta wait to see what happens Wednesday against ES. Playing in San Pedro Sula is tough (just ask Mexico)...but it's not as tough as playing in Azteca...just hope we learned from the mistakes we made against Mexico.

17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

I heard that Ruiz may play this game and miss the first game of the GC, do u know something about it?

18. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

http://www.monumental.co.cr/noticiaD.aspx?idParrafo=4800
    No one is sure yet....but some guy from CONCACAF said he doubts FIFA will let Ruiz serve his suspension in the Gold Cup.

19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

Dad is coming to town. I hope we beat our dad...Dads do get old (i hope dad gets old by this game)
    The son will need to take the game and finally David will be back and with th crowd this game will be a tough call.
    Kenton has done a hell of job. Hopefully Dad plays the same defense as they did against trinidad.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

dad?!?!?!?! you mean mom?? :D noone is in card trouble for us other then Costly thats all i can think of. even so. Suazo, Alvarez, Rambo and Nunez healthy. man we didn't even have Rambo in San Jose. say hello to Papa ;) boys because this game is gonna get ugly for you guys like in Mexico.

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

In San Jose you guys had "the king" didn't you:D What happened?

22. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

he looked like the pawn in that game.
    Its difficult to play in Dad's house.

23. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Honestly he was not in form for the game against Costa Rica, he has just recovered from a lay off due to injury. He missed a couple of sitters than game including a wide open header that Nunez placed right on his head didnt even have to jump.

Having said that, suazo is not going to be in form for this game either because he is going to be coming back from a knee injury, so I don't expect much from him. Our best bet would be pery martinez since he should be in game shape for the game. Costly can not afford to get a yellow in this game or we are toast, he is our most dangerous player right now, he plays his hear out on every game and every play, cant ask for more from a player.

24. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

If you read my last post you would have seen that he played the classico in portugal three days before that game and Lucho Gonzales fouled him in that game which led to him getting injured.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENYa_G3TyI"]YouTube - Lucho Gonzalez a agredir David Suazo[/ame]

That's a video of the foul.

He wasn't even fit to play half of the game, he should not have even been on the field.

25. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

will Sergio Mendoza be back for this? If he is who would be better for this game Sabillon, Gracia or Mendoza :confused: