PBP: Post Hudson Era #6 - Rapids host newcomers FC Cincinnati - Sat., June 1 - 6:30 pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, May 30, 2019.

1. Maarten van 242

Jan 20, 2012
    Club:
    Lille OSC
    This... This sums it up. It helps demonstrate how utterly horrific Hudson was. And that’s just 2019 stats. The fact that he used the bullshit “bottom players” excuse as cover for his own incompetence is just as bad/low/disgusting as his coaching capabilities. He didn’t have bottom players, but he sure as hell was/IS a bottom feeder.

The RFO should hire (or abduct) Anthony to sit in a dunk tank at DSGP next weekend before the Loons match. It would be a hit and I’d bet most of the fanbase would opt for several shots at him instead of going in to watch the game.

I’d even guess a few (more) players would go and take a shot as well.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to start calling Shinyashiki - -- Skinyashiki. He's been skinning defenses left and right. CC has breathed some life into the club and he should be commended for that. We all knew this team was more talented than the record indicated and the turnaround just highlights the poor job of Hudson.

Andy126 repped this.
  3. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    22SteveD, Andy126 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  4. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    It's interesting to watch the full highlights of the match. In them you can see the subtle but important moves made by various Rapids that lead to goals or quality chances. Prior to Shinyashiki's goal he was able to maneuver in the box and get a cross off to Kamara who headed on goal. There was nice one-two combination from Nicholson to Bassett to Nicholson that got Sam into space for the cross to Shinyashiki resulting in the goal. In the second half Mezquida's goal was set up by a wonderful turn by Rubio who then had space and time to lay the ball off to Nico.

Rod1916 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  5. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
  6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Watching eh full highlights of the first half in particular he had a big impact on the Rapids' attack. He has what PS likes to call "a high soccer IQ" in that he can read the game and his teammates and get the ball to them to create scoring chances as well as scoring himself.

Andy126 repped this.
  7. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    It was an enjoyable time, recalling earlier days at DGSP.

There were naturally some face palm type moments, but for two teams fighting over the spoon spot, there was some pretty good soccer. I know it's a cliche to say MLS keeps getting better (yet keeps losing to Mexico in the CCL), but it sure seems like that's true.

AlbertCamus and Rod1916 repped this.