PBP: Post Hudson Era #4 - Rapids host the Crewers, Sat. 7PM, May 25, 2019

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, May 23, 2019.

1. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    And don't forget, Hudson: 2 points.

fortcollins repped this.
  2. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    So glad they got that 3rd goal!

That first goal was classic this year horribleness so I 'm glad they didn't lose the game again do to stuff like that.

Tons of ball watching on that first goal-a Trapp lob pass springs the leftback Jimenez out wide and deep, who runs past a sleeping Nicholson (Rosenberry is marking a player at the edge of the box). In response the backline drops deeper to respond. The midfield (Nicholson, Acosta and Lewis) do NOT follow (Price was out near Trapp). So the Crew sends the cross in to Higuain running past the sleeping Acosta to the middle of the box. Vines has to moves over to cover it. Since Lewis never makes it within 25 yards of goal, Santos is alone in his own zip code.

Howard was so pissed he punted the ball likely out of the stadium. (It bounced off the concourse and landed on top of one of the buildings out in the concession stand and kept rolling.)

Jimenez hurt them, it helped the Rapids a lot when he left just before half time with an injury.

Sports Yak, fortcollins and JasonMa repped this.
  3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Lewis has a chance to be really good if he gets more decisive. Very nice touch on a takedown of a long pass over his shoulder...he's not just a fast guy.

But his speed is a huge advantage and he does the D favors by constantly slowing down, facing goal and seemingly thinking about what to do next.

4. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Just wanna say it....

RAPIDS WIN!!!!! RAPIDS WIN!!!!

RAPIDS ARE ON A WIN STREAK!!!

I know it’s only two games...but cmon. Let’s enjoy this feeling.

Cheers :)

COMtnGuy, AlbertCamus and Rod1916 repped this.
  5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Agreed he's a bit unrefined, but bow does he put pressure on the defense. Sitting in section 129 last night we had a good view of him coming in down the touch Line. Every time the Rapids won the ball Caleb Porter was gesturing for his players to pay attention to Lewis. They still weren't able to contain him. His teammate also have figured out how to get the ball to him in space.

6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Yellow Cards? - Did Price really deserve his for chucking the ball in the air to a Columbus player? This happens all the time. So why did he get the card?

I know it's an automatic red for taking off a shirt after scoring a goal, but what's the reasoning behind this? If it's for time wasting that's silly. There are plenty of celebrations that take time.

7. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Oops, meant to say automatic yellow.

8. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A yellow for jersey removal is nonsense and serves to illustrate how corrupt and ridiculous FIFA is.

9. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    #59 Totoro, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    I assumed FIFA banned it for marketing reasons, can't see the ads if the jersey's off. Plus you might have an ad for a rival sponsor on the underneath.

Edit: either that or they didn't want to see sports bras.

COMtnGuy and AlbertCamus repped this.
  10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I’ve not been able to watch the last two weeks and we’ve won. Does this mean I have to keep not watching? What if we go an improbable win to supporters shield and MLS cup and I can’t watch any of it?

11. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
  13. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Two wins in a row although we did let the 2nd worst offense in the league score two at our 'fortress' (and they could have had more). Next match we get our one-man-band defense back and it is against an expansion team.

Post match interview; if you close your eyes Casey sounds like Drew Carey, maybe channeling a South Park character -- so big upgrade from Hudson there as well.

Centennial and AlbertCamus repped this.
  14. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    We actually play Wednesday in Philly before the Cinci game this weekend.

Centennial and JasonMa repped this.
  15. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game I watched (TV) in a while, look completely different on the attack (we actually have one) defense not so much but that loan guy from Columbus couldn't play so maybe that fixes that, plus not playing the young outside backs, they are not ready yet.

Maarten van 242 repped this.
  16. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA put this in after some problems when players took their jerseys off to reveal shirts with statements on them, at least one of which was an ethnic insult. To avoid having to get into the business of evaluating which messages on shirts were ok and which weren't, they just banned the whole business.

17. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Got it - so they should just change the rule that it's not the taking off of the shirt, it's what's underneath. If there is a blank garment or bare skin then no card.

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was also because in the 2002 WC the jerseys had a second layer underneath (due tot he climate of Japan/South Korea) and they became a pain to get back on quickly and really did become a bit of a delay.

19. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Run DMB getting lost trying to put his back on one time. Hilarious watching a skilled athlete being unable to get his jersey back on

COMtnGuy and JasonMa repped this.
  20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The specific instance I was thinking of too

21. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about just ban the offensive offender. Surely they can tell right from wrong. Oh wait. They need to concentrate on getting goals, offside calls, and World Cup venues correct.

22. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those delays are what ear-torturing vuvuzela symphonies are for. :eek:

23. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    i actually miss them - as long as the kids sitting behind me don't have them.

As for yellows for taking a shirt off, if time wasting is the issue, simply change the rule to add on every second it takes to get the game restarted.

Centennial repped this.