Post-match: Post-Election: Self-Criticism and Struggle Sessions

Discussion in 'Elections' started by DoyleG, Nov 8, 2016.

1. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're not downtown today, I propose a martini lunch.

2. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    How are you holding up chad?

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #28 dapip, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Hillary did not build up enthusiasm, specially in the Rust Belt and Florida. She won most major population centers but with lackluster numbers when compared with Obama. The opposite could be said of Trump and the rural/suburban counties in the same states: They went out and outperformed Romney.

I was expecting Hillary to win by 3-5%, meaning some 4-6 million votes, having a turnout somewhat similar to 2012. But turnout was lower than expected and while both parties under-performed compared to 2012, the GOP had only 1 million voters less, while Democrats had 6 or 7 million less. If turnout would have been slightly higher, we could have seen a different outcome.

4. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Checking on the delivery date of my Tesla in between scratching my balls.

You?

roby, dapip and Belgian guy repped this.
  5. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Enjoying the fact America is gonna be great again. Also bout to enjoy seeing Clinton struggle not to spaz at this speech.

El Chuma repped this.
  6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I feel like I woke up to a world in which Felecia finally made "fetch" happen.

Fetch wasn't supposed to happen.

Belgian guy and dapip repped this.
  7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I just heard there's going to be jobs hand stitching "Make America Great Again" on hats and shirts all over the place.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Congrats... I suppose :cautious:

:(

roby repped this.
  9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a lot of this comes back to for the left is the old, (like 19th century), idea of the deserving and undeserving poor.

The idea was first invented so that the rich could dole out some help to one group and feel good about themselves whilst looking for ANY reason to ignore, (or outright attack), the others. It's pretty much the same now.

That's why we're seeing all this so-called 'analysis' of different classifications of people... so we know who to be mad it because, obviously, it couldn't POSSIBLY be anything to do with us, could it.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's no mystery. He'll cut taxes and help businesses introduce wage cuts which will make them WORSE off.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Moving forward, what happens if Trump loses in either the TU or the Rape cases? And you thought Hillary will be in jail...

12. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do, but you don't want to hear it.

Bill Clinton.

With all the crap about Trump not treating women with respect coming from Hillary seemed like hypocrisy of the highest order when people realized Hillary was still with the same exact kind of man she was railing against.

At least that was the opinion of the white women I am in regular contact with, so YMMV.

Boloni86, Dante, luftmensch and 2 others repped this.
  13. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Gee thanks...not only are we #1 again but both our countries are going to #2 together! I don't know all the bars to O'Canada but I've been in enough of them so it'll be a quick study. :coffee:

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then get ready for President Mike Pence.

dapip repped this.
  15. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oh, if Trump is on the job in 2019, I'd be surprised.

Hell, I won't be surprised if he quits before the inauguration. I'm not calling it, but it would not surprise me.

crazypete13 and luftmensch repped this.
  16. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    "In the face of this startling display of national idiocy, Dorrinson still mustered some of the resilience for which the British people are known. “This is a dark day,” he said. “But I hold out hope that, come November, Americans could become dumber than us once more."

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/british-lose-right-to-claim-that-americans-are-dumber

Boloni86, roby and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  17. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
  18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah. I'd imagine the campaign puts you through hell on Earth. Shakimg hands until your hand literally falls off, smiling long after your face muscles are tired, long hours, interview after interview with the same talking points, stump after stump with the same speech, etc. You have WANT IT to do what is required to make a winning Presidential run. Trump won't step down. There's a reason why, despite the stress, very few Presidents step down. Because getting the job requires ridiculously fanatical commitment to the job and keeping the job.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He certainly does not strike me as a person who has the temperament for the day to day grind of the presidency, but he might delegate most of the actual work to a Rovian underling and limit himself to the media-friendly aspects of the job.

20. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think he wanted the adulation and the accompanying ego strokes. If he really "wanted to do it," he might've tried preparing for the debates or something else that's not a lot of fun. Because a lot of things associated with being president aren't a lot of fun.

Didn't someone he offered the Veep slot to turn him down, then tell the press that he saw the veep doing a lot of the heavy lifting?

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fair points.

22. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An alternative view: a fanatical commitment to WINNING AT ALL COSTS is a very different thing than a commitment to doing the job once you've won.

dapip and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rape case has been dropped, the girl accusing him of it has dropped her suit.

24. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    #49 roby, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Well...I'm certainly not one to beat a dead horse pony. My Nana had pony. As far as darkness goes, as our Hippy Dippy Weatherman [Geo Carlin] reported, "Dark tonite with continued darkness followed by scattered light in the A.M. Whilst our inept MNT can defeat a superior Mexican team dos et cero on occasion youse guys get thumped by the Fiji Isl. [See bolded above] :p

25. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile