Possible call-ups thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Cassano, Sep 14, 2008.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, because it's not like Lippi hasn't shown that he knows what he's doing. :rolleyes: Please.

2. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Capello is much better then Lippi.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    d'agostino per favore mister lippi...

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    To be fair to Lippi....I would say he was better than Capello ..till ..12/2006........
    since his return one can't say that..

Hopefully he buys new pair of glasses.........and sees the team he has put on the field since his return has not done well.

5. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    from Sunday... (Gio was banned from the stadium by Ranieri ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OceQdZhaxBU"]YouTube - Juventus - Atalanta[/ame]

6. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not just saying this because of bias but Iaquinta has been playing exceptionally well lately. On a team that has been playing like shit, Iaquinta has been our one bright spot. If he gets called up, its deserved.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Based on what?

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Floro Flores anyone?

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have no problem with iaquinta, he fits lippi's system perfectly, is athletic and fights hard with a lot of heart and never quits...i just don't like how he is on the left in place of cassano, move iaquinta out right and have cassano on the left with toni/pazzini/gila as a target man is fine by me, but iaquinta left and pepe right just has too little creativity.

10. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Iaquinta best plays as CF, as shown for Juve and the last game vs. Ireland (after Pazzini was red carded). Iaquinta on right and especially left is waste of his talent.

11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, i disagree, i think on the right behind a striker he can be very useful provided the creative burden is mainly on other players (like cassano, pirlo and overlapping fullbacks). yeah he can play as a cf though, too and be fine, though he has less ability to stretch his legs and will find less space. out wide on the counter he is pretty strong.

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    :D..

13. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think at the moment the Pazzini/Cassano partnership must be in the starting XI, Pazzini is only half the player he is at Samp without Cassano backing him up. I'm a big fan of Pepe but he has been pretty disappointing lately. Cassano/Pazzini/Iaquinta is probably the best option right now IMO, Floccari and Pepe on the bench.

14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    I am not a Pepe fan.....but the last game I saw him play vs. AC Milian....he did good....

P.S I doubt Floccari gets picked by Lippi for Confederation Cup...

15. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lippi really needs to shut up, first win the Confederations Cup then talk.

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, that's way more important than the World Cup he won. What has Lippi said that is untrue?

17. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano deserves this chance. I hope Lippi can put his personal issues aside and look how Cassano has changed and sacrificed his lifestyle to become a better person and better player.

19. CoachKilmer

CoachKilmer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano does NOT deserve a chance. he never plays good against big teams and he will not be a sub for the team. if he doesnt start he cries.

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    define big teams?

21. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL everything you said is so false. Marcello Lippi is that you?

doesnt show up big games: for the big games i saw cassano play in he played well even if he didn't tally any stats. he has 11 goals 10 assists on a team who doesnt know how to capitalize except for pazzini(who came in january).

he will not be a sub for the team: what was he in euro 2008?

if he doesnt start he cries: he just said he would even be happy to come to the confederations cup as the 23rd man.

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, i was going to see if he listed milan and inter, cause he torched milan in the last meeting, and played well against inter in the first leg of the coppa...:D

anyways, cassano has been so important for them, and if pazzini had been there the whole year to take some pressure off of him, he would have 15 assists in serie a by now, not to mention his goal tally is very good given how samp isn't the most prolific offensive team plus he takes few pens.

23. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and he didnt play in the 5-0 reggina game before the coppa, can you imagine if he did play.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think it's important to note that Toni is still having a pretty good year at Bayern. 14 goals and 6 assists in 24 games is still pretty impressive.

25. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wolfsburg just won the Bundesliga. I overheard the announcer say that Barzagli has played every minute in every competitive match for Wolfsburg this season. That fact alone must prove that he's been having a great season and could bring Lippi's attention back to him.

Can't say the same for Zaccardo though :rolleyes: