Portuguese Liga coming to GOL-TV in 2017-18 season

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Mar 16, 2017.

1. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/03/...ights-portugals-primeira-liga-2017-18-season/

The rights were owned by Univision Deportes, FuboTV and Premium Sports (remnants of old Setanta that still serves bars and restaurants). They remain rightsholders for the remainder of the year. Looks like these rights are for English and Spanish so it squeezes out Univision and Premium Sports. Ironically, FuboTV will continue showing the matches as they offer GOL-TV in their packages.

Is this enough for providers like DirecTV to put the channel back in HD? Will Dish take them back??

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume this doesn't include Benfica home games? (After I typed this I realized that Gol already shows Benfica home games, but only on delay... will they upgrade those games to live?)

3. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    FuboTV this season includes Benfica home games (live) because they paid extra for them. So it all depends how its structured in Portugal and if GOL-TV will pay extra to Benfica if they retain their current policy.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

4. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For GolTV, the acquisition of the Primeira Liga is a big move for a broadcaster who has been struggling after lost TV rights to La Liga

5. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    from my understanding this is for all games including the benfica home games to