PORTUGAL VS MEXICO 2017 FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by GoodDead, Jun 14, 2017.

1. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    at least we didn't celebrate the tie like the Mexicans.

2. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Also, The mere fact that Bernardo isn't even being used as a sub is disgrace that needs to be addressed. A player of his talent not being in the XI, never mind one of the main subs, is a level of retardation that not even Paulo Bento could aspire to.

3. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Yep. I can't believe Portugal players was really trying at their fullest capacity. Mexico on the other was really hyped to take the win. Still, as soon as accelerated a little bit Portugal was always more dangerous than Mexico. I know Mexicans will treat this draw where they were always behind like they won the the world cup, but that only understandable when you play in the Concacaf. If Portugal were to be eliminated right on the group stage, I'd personally be glad as it would shorten an ever long season and allow players a well deserved rest.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm just trying to understand what you don't get. Gomes and moutinho suck ass.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    bernado silva never impressed for a Portugal

Maybe he will get a chance

TBH I think we will do our thing and barely qualify for the next round.
    Probably draw Russia , and then score many goals in a big win against NZ to get. By

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Gomes sucks ass. I've given the guy as many chances as possible because I think he's very talented but his lazy manner of playing makes William look like Usain Bolt. I'm not sure how a player can be at that level with the aggressiveness he shows.

7. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nah, it would damage the team mentally. We got too far into it, now we need to finish it with a good result.

8. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Pretty much. They celebrate ties, friendly games, pre-seasons, everything. Mexico is just the best north american team in the world :D

9. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011

Fuc k not you again.

I agreed with you, they shouldn't have started relax but to say they are trash??

I get it, it's the Internet and as a 16 year old the testosterone just flows out of you but really.

artielange84 repped this.
  10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We tied. According to the simpsons we are jointly the greatest nations on earth.

Mexico is our friend. Most of us will show up to work tomorrow cutting grass or building a house for a rich white guy with blue eyes in North America or Northern Europe . None of that changes.

Russia is our enemy . They compete with us for being bigger drunkards , their women are hotter, they are more corrupt. We all know Portuguese girls are not nearly as hot , and all the hot ones in toronto bang black guys and marry Italian guys.We need that win boys .

11. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sure he knows all the swear words by now but it takes a bit longer to process.

JJV1994 repped this.
  12. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Andre Gomes was one of the best players today. It's honestly very simple, watch the game again, it was his best for Portugal in a very long time. If you don't see it, it's because you don't want too. I would say today it was really only Raphael and Fonte that had poor games. Also Moutinho wasn't at his best

13. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    To be fair injury time equalizers are not bad at all, that goal could be decisive at the end of the group stage.

JJV1994 and JRB92 repped this.
  14. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Gomes actual play, per usual, was not the issue. The issue is that his style of play is the antithesis to quick counter attacks, arguably the greatest strength we have. We saw this film last summer when Santos started him in the first few games then realized how much more deadly the attack was with Renato's transition ability.

He's probably the only player there for Portugal that has not had a great game in a difficult, meaningful match. He does not suit the team.

15. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Maybe you will, I will see my my patients as far as I'm concerned. That's a very mexican-like statement lol

16. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    100% agree, you could argue that for instance Bernardo should be starting instead of Gomes but he actually played in second gear today and did not do those absolutely infuriating 3 meter miss passes, easily his best game for Portugal, he was decent to good today. Rafael and Fonte cost us a goal each and were general poor throughout, at least Moutinho did not make any mistakes (that I can remember).

17. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Moutinho's problem is that he's way too slow and soft for this type of games. That's why he's lost his starter sport in Monaco's 11. He was once an excellent player, still can be useful, but now there's so much quality sitting on the bench that playing him as a first-pick is a crime. This squad terribly needs a lifting, Nani, Quaresma, Moutinho, Alves, Pepe, Fonte, need to be replaced, quality substitutes are not lacking at this point .

18. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    It was definitely an experience play. Why risk starting young players in something as high pressured as the start of a tournament when the likes Quaresma and Nani are still definitely good enough to beat Mexico. I don't agree with it though. Andre Silva and CR7 play too well together and that's because it's the type of system CR7 excels in at Real.

Hopefully in the game vs. Russia we see him pull a Scolari 04 where, also vs Russia, he quickly learned what a dumb ******** he is for not starting the core of the Porto team, including Deco aka world class midfielder at the time. Aka like Bernardo now.

Unfortunately we didn't lose, so might see this bullshit continue.

SCP_16 repped this.
  19. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You need the experience and for me Quaresma has been brutal and we need Pepe, not sure what he did wrong. I agree though that there was too much experience today and that Alves and Fonte are going into Eliseu territory. Moutinho can be useful, Santos should of started Adrien and then replaced him with Moutinho if need be.

20. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Adrien, Pizzi or both need to be starting. At the very least one of them, given form, I believe Pizzi would be worth testing.

21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    why right and left backs not on the post? Fonte is finished never understood why he got so much praise even when he was at Southampton was always at fault for a goal every weekend

22. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I like Cedric, he brings you solid performances and consistency. IMO, however, Semedo has a higher ceiling.

Gurreiro needs to be a guaranteed starter, in midfield or left back. LB IMO. He's too talented, his bad games to total games is ratio is well below 10%. Only drawback being on the rare occasion he does play bad, he seemingly proceeds to take a massive shit on the field and kick to in his teammates direction.

Willam also needs to grow the eff up. So talented but only wakes up when he starts ********ing up or its the Euro final. Underestimated Mexican's pace in the beginning and was fukn up, later he was turning them like tamales. At his best he's better than Danilo, but Danilo is much more consistent and Also good AF.

23. Joao Bibliotecario

Jun 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I watched the game at a diner near the Brooklyn Bridge. The kitchen staff cheered at the second Mexico goal, "I told you!" one said.

I'm not going to panic, I liked the attack. Quaresma might be my favorite dude. Mexico is a good team, if they don't beat Russia I will be depressed though.

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Danilo/William guarding the middle, capable of both physically dominating anyone they face and William has good enough passing skills to be creative, get the ball to Bernardo who puts a sick through ball to CR7 who does a rainbow over Ederson, scores with his dick as Portugal beat Brazil to the 2018 World Cup. Portuguese government proceeds to annex Brazil where the entire population, believing ball is lyfe, gladly accept their new football overlords.

All part of Mendes plan to take over the universe.

u just w8 m8s

JJV1994 repped this.
  25. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Pepe is still great, but it's more than about time to bring new central defenders on board. Experience isn't everything, you got to have some pace too. Paulo Oliveira, Ruben Semedo or Edgar Ie need to be involved.