Portugal at the World Cup

Discussion in 'Group G: Germany, Ghana, USA, Portugal' started by soccershins, Jun 22, 2014.

1. soccershins

soccershins Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    FC Porto
    predictions on who will win tomorrow's game between USA and Portugal? Has Portugal missed their window for World Cup success?

Link: Portugal

2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i think it will be a draw

3. LovingPortugal

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think it will be a draw, or we lose. If we do manage to win I hope it has nothing to do with that arrogant prick Ronaldo. I also believe that we out, there's no way we will score that many goals against Ghana and I doubt the USA will let Germany humiliate them.

4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I am curious. Is this the general view in Portugal? I can understand the frustration, but a loss to Germany always had to be considered the most likely result (even if the margin got opened up) and the US draw came in one of the best US games ever. An uphill battle given the goal differential, but I'd think you'd be on a high and with some optimism after grabbing the late equalizer. I'd take it that's not the case. Do you have a sense of the team's level of optimism separate from what the fans may be thinking?

5. LovingPortugal

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know a lot of people who believe we are going through. We have had a terrible tournament and although we did draw with USA at the end, we really needed to win that game yet we went from being 1-0 to actually losing 2-1! Most people had already switched off their tv's when Varela scored lol Not sure how the team's level of optimism is but going by the interview Ronaldo gave on Monday saying the team is average and lacks quality then I think it's safe to say they are not that optimistic.

6. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Well... good luck Ghana has some internal issues as well (unpaid cash couriered in by plane, two players expelled)

LovingPortugal repped this.