Portsmouth going away?

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by roboatse, Oct 22, 2010.

1. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I feel bad for the fans. I think it was GOl TV and they had some portmouth fan on their with all his PM tatts! it was some hardcore shit.

3. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Disgusting, truely disgusting Portsmouth have been raped time and time again by con artists. I've written here before about the previous owners who thought they could make a quick buck and then run off but Alexandre Gaydamak is a real piece of work, instead of laughing all the way to the Caymans, Monaco or whatever Tax haven these people go to he's actually gone back to the scene of the crime and demand that they owe him money. I mean this guy bought Portsmouth with practically no down payment simply because he said his dad was rich and then saddled the club with debt before flogging the club to another con artist Sulaiman Al-Fahim, If Gaydamak is owed money its from him not the club. While I'm not a fan of Portsmouth I am a fan of English football and seeing these con artist come in and rape the sport for all the money it has is utterly painfull because it's the fans who always pick up the pieces and I really feel sorry for them.

1 person likes this.
  4. celtic_pride

celtic_pride New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I really feel gutted for their fans, my heart really does go out to them.

English Football would have lost a massive part of it's soul if Pompey go under.

I would like to think Southampton fans (who are Pompey's arch rivals) take no joy in this news.

5. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree. You never want to see something like this happen to any club. It's really tragic how far they've fallen in 5 years time.

6. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    While Sacha Gaydamak may be a charlatan he isn't stupied and he knows that he could either get his dirty 2 mil in five years or nothing at all if he were to liquidise Pompy.

Anyway back to the football, nice win against Hull today hopefully there will be many more this season.

8. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    It is very hard for a club to get wound up nowadays. Pompey wont either. I don't feel any sympathy when they screw over their creditors and continue to sign players like Liam Lawrence on loan. Living beyond their means will continue until they go to the wall. Rather it was Cardiff though.

9. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Since Sunday Portsmouth have come out of admin, so I guess this nasty saga has ended for the mean time, however the cynic in me believes this whole saga of going to admin was all a plan from Chainrai to get the lowest price possible for the club and not properly pay off the clubs debts.

As for clubs living beyond there means will constantly continue because the sellers always know that sport fans will always stay loyal towards their team nomatter what and will always bail them out of trouble.

10. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Postsmouth are up the sh*t again and are back in administration followed by a 10 point deduction, placing them in the relegation zone.

It looks like the clubs owner Vladimir Antonov and his business Convers Sports Initiatives were placed under administration leaving the players un-paid and forcing the club to go into administration were they were deducted 10 points.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16944328

The club currently owe HM Revenue & Customs £800,000 and could seriously go under if they don't pay up soon. Obviously the club could find a new owner and get out of trouble but even if there was a seriously rich businessman who actually had the best intentions for the club, they'll have to pay off Chainrai who owns the ground, Sacha Gaydamak who owns the outside land as well as all the other debt which hasn't even been touched since Vladimir Antonov took over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-16911355