Porto de Galinhas

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by ChelseaMatt, Feb 18, 2014.

1. CalK

CalK New Member

Arsenal
    Dec 31, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any room left for 2 more on the bus from PDG to the US/Germany game on the 26th?

2. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have a recommendation for a power adapter/converter? I have read that some of the country is on 110v and some is on 220v. In Recife the grid is 220v. I don't know if PdG is on the same grid. I have also read that some hotels have both 220v and 110v plugs. I have also read that both the 2-pronged round and the 2-pronged vertical (US) plugs are used. I'm thinking I'll just play it safe and get a combo power converter/plug adapter-- just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts...

3. fcbfan07

fcbfan07 New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Hi I will also be staying in Porto de Galinhas. Is there room for 1 person on the USA Germany matchday bus?

4. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like you said, the power is all over the place between the plugs and voltage. I'd bring a round pin adapter just to be safe. The only things I'm bringing to plug in are my phone, tablet, and camera, so a voltage converter isn't needed since they all are 110/220 volt and 50/60 Hz.

5. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have room for one more person on the bus to Recife from Porto de Galinhas for USA vs Mexico. Please contact me if interested

6. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    USA vs Germany or Mex vs Croatia?

7. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. I meant USA vs Germany

8. fcbfan07

fcbfan07 New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Still looking for 1 spot on any USA Germany Bus. Please let me know if anyone has any spots. Thanks!

9. JJSteel005

JJSteel005 New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also looking for transportation for 2 from PDG to the US Germany game on the 26th. Please let me know if anyone else has any additional spots or information on getting to the game. Thank you!

10. davidcbeaumont

davidcbeaumont New Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi,

Three of us are also looking for transport to USA-Germany. We know of several others as well and it seems that there is still interest here. Perhaps the latecomers can sort out another (smaller) bus?

Matt - great job! Do you think the company you used does smaller buses?

Thanks,
    David

11. miles foster

miles foster New Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi All,

Very late comer here but I will be staying at the Village in Porto and am looking for transport to both Mex. v. Croatia and US v. Germany. I have two extra tickets to Mex. V. Croatia as well if someone is interested in some bargaining. Please let me know if there is any room for a last minute add on to the bus plans.

Miles

12. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Would someone in the know take a guess at how long it would take to drive from PdG to Boa Viagem the morning of the US-Germany match? Much appreciated.

13. Ayapgh

Ayapgh New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Hello,

We have two extra tickets to US vs Germany game on 6/26, category 1. Let me know if anyone is interested. We will be staying in PdG, Estacao do Sol pousada.
    We are also looking for transportation to the game ( I know it is a bit too late) anyone has two seats available or willing to share a ride?

Thank you,
    Aya

14. david m9

david m9 New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We are 5 arriving June 23 for Mexico-croatia and will be squeezed into a car. Anyone know about driving to stadium and parking? I was thinking of just taking a bus but it sounds like it's full.

Also I've got 1 extra ticket to round of 16 game in Recife if anyone is interested.

15. NOLAAlex

NOLAAlex New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    I'm staying at the Pousada Ecoporto from 6/24-6/27 and I'm also looking for transportation for 1 to Recife for the US-Germany game. Looks like all of the buses are full.

At this point it looks like the best bet may be taxis. Anyone want to split some fare from PDG to Recife?

16. stooged

stooged New Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I'm staying in PdG and now have an extra cat 1 seat for USA-Germany. Let me know if you're a US fan looking for one at face value.

17. Sluroots

Sluroots Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Sep 2, 2013
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two things. I am in Porto, I have five or six looking for tickets to Germany match. Please pm if you still have any. Also, what's the name of bar for impromptu party in galinhas on Wednesday? Thanks!

18. david m9

david m9 New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm in Porto dG. Have one extra ticket to rd of 16 here. Let me know if interested.

I've heard of someone who has tix to round of 16 in Salvador. I'm not sure what they're asking - it was $300 but if US in it might go up. I'll post if US finish 2d in group.