Porto de Galinhas

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by ChelseaMatt, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please let me know if you're staying in Porto de Galinhas for the USA vs Germany match & are interested in pooling resources to organize a shuttle to the game & back

2. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Definitely interested.

Add me to the list of USMNT fans hanging out in PG from 6/23-26 ahead of the Germany match. Down to grab a beer or bite.

3. Scottcn6423

Scottcn6423 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am part of a group of 4 that are interested also. We'll be in Porto from 6/23 to 6/30.

4. Sluroots

Sluroots Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Sep 2, 2013
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also staying in Porto from 6/23-6/28 and interested especially if the hotel I am at doesn't organize something. Not sure if I got Germany tickets or not yet (got 2 of 3 matches) but going to be there regardless!

5. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt, I'm in PdeG And would like to join up.

6. njgrouch

njgrouch Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Caroline County VA
    Two of us are staying in PG from the June 24-27. We will be going to the Germany match and would like to be involved in a shuttle to get up to the stadium in Recife.

7. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm working on it

8. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I will be in Porto de Galinhas from the 20th - 27th. Looks like an awesome place. We're at the Pousada Iande about 1 km north of town. I'll have a rental car, but it looks like there are going to be way too many USMNT fans to cram into it.

9. Gratefulphish41

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A Recife native wrote this in another thread:

" Porto de Galinhas is a beach which is nearly 1 hour from the airport . The city is beautiful with warm sea water almost a paradise , for traveling between cities can be a problem if you do not have a car . There is no regular bus tickets booking, but may be it change during the wordcup"

Cannot wait.

10. Blythe

Blythe Member

Sep 12, 2002
    East Coast
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm there from the 23rd to the 29th and would be interested in a shuttle, especially if it leaves early enough to get to see a bit of Recife/Olinda before the game.

11. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I have a group of 4 that will need to ride into Recife the morning of the 26th.

12. storming06

storming06 Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm likely in for this as well (2 of us), but need to book a hotel still. Any recommendations?

13. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Member

Nov 23, 2007
    We'll be at the Hotel Village Porto de Galinhas. Looks like a nice place and wasn't exhorbitant.

14. MelW333

MelW333 New Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Count me in for transport as well...flying solo if anyone is looking to share accommodation.
    Planning on being in Porto de Galinhas from 23 June to 27 June.

15. Onfo

Onfo New Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I am with a group of six other USA supporters (7 total), and we are definitely interested. We'll be staying at the Pousada Capitães Do Mar from June 25-27. Anyone else?

16. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have made contact with the bus company & will soon be sending an email re: details to those who have expressed interest previously

Onfo repped this.
  17. adam

adam Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Minneapolis
    Two of us staying at Pousada Marambaia do Porto (on the beach 2miles north of Porto) from the 21st-29th and would be interested in a shuttle. We're still desperately trying to get two US-Germany tickets (been denied 3 times now), but have already booked flights and a hotel. Have 2 tix to Mex-Croatia on the 23rd on the off chance that anyone wants to trade and cheer against El Tri...

adam

bigworm repped this.
  18. adam

adam Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Minneapolis
    Also, any good leads on places to gather and watch US-Portugal in Porto? Or are people planning on heading into whatever Fan Zone Recife has set up for that?

El Bigote de Dalí repped this.
  19. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have chosen a bus company and will soon begin taking bookings for the trip. If interested, please message me your email address.

20. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChelseaMatt, I sent you an email for Josh and Kira Spongberg. Thanks for arranging this. Let me know how to make payment.
    We have tickets to 3 matches in Recife. We are spending our entire trip in PdG. June 19-27. We are staying at Porto Familly Chalés. http://www.chalesfamilly.com.br/site/index.html

21. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. dougjojo

dougjojo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Aurora, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will be at Flats Koala in PG from 6/19 to 6/27 and would in on the bus. No tickets yet for the game but we're hopeful. Do have tickets for Italy-CR and Mex-Cro and will need to get to the stadium that day. I haven't figured out how to message you an email address through this site. I see you're in Memphis. My family is heading there in a couple of weeks to see the Civil Rights museum and Graceland.

23. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the same dates in PdG and the same tickets, plus US/Germany. Let's stay in touch. I'm looking into the best option for match day transport as well.

24. SterlingUSMNT

SterlingUSMNT New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright everyone,

I'll be the first to say that I paid ChelseaMatt for reservations on the charter. He did more than enough to answer all my additional questions.

Thanks for taking care of this bro. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else down there for the game!

Sterling

25. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sent out email today re: the charter bus for USA fans from Porto de Galinhas to the USA vs Germany game in Recife. I am now taking bookings for the bus trip. If you did not receive the email, message me your email address, and I'll send it to you. Tickets will be $55/person assuming we get at least 40 people on the bus; We can bring up to 50 people at this rate -- if we're able to get up to that number, we get the entire bus to ourselves. If we are unable to get up to 40 passengers, the price will be $60/person plus incurred transaction fees -- however, this is unlikely an issue, as I have received interest from over 60 people so far. This will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis: only when I receive payment will you be confirmed for the bus -- so even if you've already stated interest in riding the bus, you won't be confirmed until I receive payment.