Portlannd's Posturing.

Discussion in 'Portland Thorns FC' started by Kicking It Sports, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kicking It Sports

Kicking It Sports New Member

Univerisity of Louisiana at Monroe Women's Soccer
    United States
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Just got my new Thorns hat with the second star.

I think I’ll call them Castor and Pollux.

Shooting for Orion’s three sisters, Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka.

Gilmoy, cpthomas and blissett repped this.
  3. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    I'm shocked that there is so little fan interest in the teams and the league, at least on this site. I just watched the cracking good game between the Thorns and their rival, Seattle, which had to have been one of the best NWSL games ever, and not a word of comment about it here. I'm not even a Thorns fan--I just enjoy watching women's pro games occasionally. Some NWSL teams here haven't had a comment for weeks or months. The league seems to be gaining some traction, slowly--but it can't be a good sign that the two-time title winner, Kansas City, could only draw 1,500 fans or so per home game last year and the franchise has now folded. That's not a good sign, even for a young league and young franchise. Strange.....

4. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think many Thorns fans frequent BigSoccer (I'm one who does). There are other fora where there's Thorns fan activity -- Stumptown Footy for one. So, the lack of interest here in some teams may be more a reflection of there being other more localized sites where those teams' fans go.

blissett repped this.
  5. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    it's not a club forum, but you can amuse yourself with the riot on equalizersoccer's comments.