Pompey vs DC United

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by UnitedNut, Jul 3, 2010.

1. UnitedNut

UnitedNut Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Towson, MD USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone coming across the pond to Washington DC to see Pompey play DC United of MLS? Game is on July 24th. I purchased my tickets since this may be the only chance I'll get to see the club play. (Last time they toured the US was in 1951.)

2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portsmouth boss Steve Cotterill will be a relieved man with the club's North American tour finally over, which ended with a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of DC United.

The club suffered horrendous transport problems, while their kit and medical supplies went missing en route to Washington. The defeat was of little concern to Cotterill after the club had to endure a 28-hour journey just to get to the match.
    He said: "I am happy with the players. I'm not happy with the result, but their performance in the circumstances was good. They have been through an horrendous journey and tour and played in ridiculous conditions. We played well for 20 minutes and then it was sporadic after that.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810185&sec=england&cc=5901&cc=5901