Poll: Which countries will advance from Group H?

Discussion in 'Group H: Belgium, Algeria, South Korea, Russia' started by teammellieIRANfan, Jan 7, 2014.

?

Who will make it out of Group H?

1. Belgium and Russia

40.5%
  2. Belgium and South Korea

37.8%
  3. Belgium and Algeria

10.8%
  4. Russia and South Korea

6.8%
  5. Russia and Algeria

1.4%
  6. South Korea and Algeria

2.7%
  1. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My GF is Korean and I want them to get out of the group stage but think Russia is much better then them. Belgium should get out of this group easily.

3. Curt-John

Curt-John New Member

May 17, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Belgium 5
    South Korea 5
    Russia 3
    Algeria 1

The Belgian national team has some European champions, such as :
    - Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)
    - Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich)
    - Thibaut Courtois (Athletico Madrid)
    - Toby Alderweireld (Athletico Madrid)
    - Silvio Proto (RSC Anderlecht)

Other players plays in teams that was well ranked during this season (Napoli, Porto, Lille, ...).

There's a gap of 12 years since the last Belgian appearance in a World Cup, I hope the players don't have too much pressure, but the fans expects a great tournament. It's certainly one of the greatest Belgian team, but well... It's only on paper, we'll see what happens soon!

IMO, Belgium & South Korea are the strongest teams in this group.

jerrito repped this.
  4. jemeldz

jemeldz Member

Dec 6, 2013
    paris, france
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    so you are telling us that belgium is so powerful that it will win algeria and draw with korea and russia ?

5. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Based on what? Getting thoroughly outplayed by non-world cup team Tunisia at home last week? Losing to Russia in November 2013? Getting obliterated by Mexico 4-0 and the American 2-0? South Korea has lost more games in the last five months than Russia has in the last two years. They needed goal differential to qualify over Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan. A team that wouldn't sniff the World Cup in Europe.

Waliatiger repped this.
  6. Curt-John

Curt-John New Member

May 17, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Based on my feelings!
    Friendlies mean nothing. During World Cup, teams are at the same level, we don't care about your name, what you did in the past, ...

So it's just based on what I feel. It's just a bet, nothing else, by the way, this forum is made for this kind of predictions.
    We will quickly know whose right or wrong!

7. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Honestly, that is a good a reason as any, though it doesn't foster much discussion.

jerrito repped this.
  8. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    South Korea is awful this cycle horrendous defense and no component goal scoring. A young squad who will mightily struggle . the 2002-2010 golden generation of s. Korean players are all retired or aged out. This young squad will finish last in their group.

9. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

for the game against Mexico and America Korea brought solely their domestic players. a B/C squad

BUT I see your point. that 1-0 loss to Tunisia was a huge slap in the face as well as the 4-0 thrashing by Ghana. I'm not trying to downplay Ghana (they we're superb that game) but this was a game many Korean fans thought would've been a win+a confidence booster for the Algeria game.

HOWEVER G teams tend to perform differently at the World Cup than the matches leading up to the World Cup.

Uruguay had barely qualified in 2010 (beat Costa on agg. 2-1 to get the 5th spot in CONMEBOL) but had a great run at the 2010 WC. when you mention 2010 and Uruguay we think of their performance at the WC. not them barely qualifying

plus the World Cup is unpredictable.. who would've imagined New Zealand's great performance in 2010 and Italy finished at the bottom of their group BELOW NEW ZEALAND

-the fact that a minnow can outperform a traditional powerhouse on the World Stage is what makes the World Cup so unpredictable
    -the fact that the entire world will be watching how teams perform on the big stage and could care less about the results prior to that

I'm excited even with those two terrible losses. (albeit I am nervous)

10. jimmysoccerstar

jimmysoccerstar New Member

Jun 6, 2014
    California
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to me Belgium and Russia easily qualify for the next stage in there group, whereas Korea and Algeria are weaker side.

11. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    When anyone writes that certain teams in this group will "easily qualify," it just says that he or she doesn't really know what they are talking about.

12. Curt-John

Curt-John New Member

May 17, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't say it will be easy... The last match, Australia - Chile 1-3, but could have easily been 2-2. (Notice that for a change the referees were good).

But I keep thinking Belgium and Korea will pass the groups stage.

13. Football Lover NYC

Aug 21, 2008
    My Room
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Belgium & Russia will advance.

Belgium have a strong team with a killer midfield and a world class goalkeeper ( best in the world IMO).

Russia has a young team that play well together and Capello has done well gelling them together. He's building the foundation for 2018 and Russia will have great team by then.

14. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Their projected starting lineup is one of the oldest in the WC.

15. a good referee

a good referee New Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Belgium and Korea

16. Football Lover NYC

Aug 21, 2008
    My Room
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I guess they're probably saving the young bucks for 2018

17. rosario70

rosario70 New Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    in this moment algeria is winning, i'm not watching the game, a true surprise? yestarday evening i heard some eminent comentators that they guessed belgium would reach the semifinals. maybe they should yet win their group but i don't think they get any further than 1/8 finals.

18. The411

The411 Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Do realize that only one Belgian player had ever played in a WC game before. Belgium will play better as the tourney goes on. 1/8 could be their end point but no team save for the Netherlands have set the world ablaze.

19. Marar4

Marar4 New Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'd argue for Germany, 4-0 against Portugal is worth something, then again the standards have been set high by the Dutch.

20. The411

The411 Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Fair enough but I thought that was slightly more due to Portugal's fragile mentality

21. Marar4

Marar4 New Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, Spain also collapsed after the second goal, but all I wanted to do was give Germany a shout out for the 4 - 0

22. ntoumert

ntoumert New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC