Poll for married men

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by superdave, Apr 29, 2008.

1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re -read post #40.....:rolleyes:

2. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i didn't claim to be a block of cheese. so i figure you don't believe the d-man, either.

btw, has 'devilman' claimed to be an incarnation of a demon? do his wife and girlfriend know? not that he has either.

3. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jake is your proof?

4. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you are suffering from acute tunnel vision syndrome
    [​IMG][/IMG]

5. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, at least it looks like colon cancer isn't your problem.

6. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I already know your a religious wacko , are you an idiot as well?:confused:

7. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good opportunity for brownie points, but, no, it's my honest opinion.

My wife has the normal effects of age that you'd expect at 35. She is 5'10" 140 lbs with shoulder-length dark auburn hair. No cosmetic surgeries.

But physical characteristics are only half the story.

We've been together for 21 years: 14 married and 7 dating. We've had our occasional rough spots, but when I think of everything we've been through together -- the kids, the moves, the changes, the highs, and the lows -- I can't imagine sharing those moments with anyone else.

When I was in my 20s and only married for a couple of years, my boss at the time -- who was 20+ years my senior and one of the wisest persons I've every met -- once told me that as I aged I would eventually become attracted to older women. I'd still admire the young ones, but according to him, I'd begin to appreciate the look and maturity of women who were losing their youthful image.

At the time, I thought he was full of crap, but at 38 I now see exactly what he was talking about. I think my perception started changing within the past two or three years. It's definitely biology at work.

I can't predict how our marriage will look after another 14 years, but I hope the honeymoon continues. I'm going to do what I can to make sure of that.

By the way, I'm not religious, so don't get the idea that my outlook was inspired by the Promise Keepers. :D

8. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    .... thats pretty insightful thank you for sharing that! as a teen i was already attracted to older women , when i was 19 i had a 1 year long fling w/ a 28 year old Cajun woman .... about 2 years ago i had another thing w/ a 43 year old British woman , more recently last summer thing w/ a 36 year old Peruvian chick w/ a nice round booty. So I've tried a few chicks , but i would have traded that for a nice long loving relationship w/ the right woman. My ex was nowhere near the right woman and i knew that from the get go i was just tooo stupid.. to say no..

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, he certainly doesn't have a wife, because if you read post 40, it references an EX-wife.

10. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks. i was careless.

but in my defense, and i'm obviously grasping at straws, i have to wonder why anyone would say that they wouldn't have sex with their ex-wife. like that is even a remote possibility, given that the person has a girlfriend.

11. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since this was/is a poll for married men , I gave you the "when i was married scenario" . Me , being previously married may at least give me the right to form some kind of an opinion , and express it here in this thread...

So let me break it down for you royal since it seems you like to complicate yourself ; Had I been still married to my ex-wife I wouldn'tve like to have sex w/ her every day for 1 year..

12. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, since you aren't married, i guess the poll doesn't really apply to you, but you certainly have the right to express your view. not that it's germane.

that probably contributed to my confusion.

and i'm sure your wife ( now your ex-wife ) wouldn't have offered, but i might be wrong. maybe we should ask her.

13. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    aaaaaaaa..... :rolleyes:

14. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's these semi-coherent moans and pictures of colons that i look forward to.

you can say so much with one letter and an e&o*i^o$...

15. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    All right you do. Don't make me put of you in Time Out.

16. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave Brubeck reference?

Did you mean "you two"?

17. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I dropped a both in that. Typing too fast.

18. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Im 24, and my wife is 22. I voted Yes

But then again, weve been having sex every day, atleast Once:p for about 2 years now.

ive never been divorced, so i wont pretend to understand what some men feel towards there Ex-wives...

But, i will say that i really cant see myself leaving this women. We are young, but have been through alot, probably more than 90% of the People in our age bracket.

I think some people get caught up in what is considered "Beautiful" by todays Terms. What makes a 35yr old woman Ugly or less attractive than say a 20yr paris hilton look alike who may have a great body but is as dumb as a Block of cheese.

That is the main reason im sure i will spend Many, Many years with my Wife. i got bored at around age 20 of the Dumb bimbos only interested in Cosmo, Starbucks, and Elle.

19. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    of course yes, its great for the marriage

20. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i find this characterization extremely offensive...

fortunately, Stilton isn't typically in blocks, but rounds or wheels. so i'm going to overlook your insensitivity...for now.

cheers.

21. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As my life is...I would have to say no. We don't have children so time for sex never has been an issue. And early in our relationship we were busy little rabbits.

Plus at almost 46, with years of heavy running now catching up to me, getting up in the morning is f*@!$ chore! My back creaks, my feet hurt, my left knee is sore-oi! 365 days? I can tell you my wife would need to double-down on her yoga classes 'cause for 300 of those days she's probably going to be on top.

Having said all that, I suppose on second thought, I wouldn't be opposed to nice morning massage, topped off with a happy ending of some sort. :p Ah, the male libido...

22. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only once a day?

... no thanks!

:p

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    53 here!!! I'm a'hearin you on FM dude :(

But, as you say, then again ;)

24. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The amusement park doesn't shut down just because a ride gets closed. They say the log-ride is open all year long..haha

25. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have a baby now, which compounds the difficulty.....but even before I would have no idea when to fit it in (pun intended). Time is an issue here.