Poll: Best USMNT Stadium (pick 3)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by soccersubjectively, Sep 2, 2017.

?

Best USMNT Stadium (pick 3)

1. RFK (DC United Home)

2. StubHub Center (LA Galaxy Home)

3. Mapfre Stadium (Columbus Crew Home)

4. CenturyLink Field (Sounders Home)

5. Children's Mercy Park (Kansas City Wizards Home)

6. Rio Tinto Stadium (RSL Home)

7. Providence Park (Timbers Home)

8. Orlando City Stadium (Orlando City SC Home)

9. Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta United Home)

10. Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, OH - Cincinnati FC Home)

11. Finley Stadium (Chattanooga FC Home)

12. Harder Stadium (UC Santa Barbara Home)

13. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ChuckBlazersCat

Tottenham Hotspur, Celtic FC, FC St. Pauli, Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 25, 2019
    I think we see attendance/ticket sales playing a larger role instead of maximizing the home field advantage. If they can get butts in the seats in Orlando, Atlanta, or even consider Miami for the Cuba match, and then Seattle, or Detroit for the Canada tie, I think they may be leaning that direction. There might be more buzz around the program if they manage to beat Mexico in the GC but short of that, CNL is very much below the radar in the busiest sports period in the US and I see this being handled more as a Mickey Mouse Cup similar to the US Cup or the Marlboro Cups of the 1990s unless there's some sort of yet-unknown future Confederations Cup-ish competition that this would qualify them for.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I would bet you everything you have in the bank Cuba will not be playing in Miami. Still way too many people who hate Castro and what his family represents. It would be a political headache and international fiasco.
    Not to mention Miami Cubans for the most part don't care about US soccer or Cuban soccer for the most part. It would all be political.

I can see Seattle hosting a match though. We Played Canada in Detroit during a Gold Cup match that was entertaining so I would not be against that either.