Poll: Best USMNT Stadium (pick 3)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by soccersubjectively, Sep 2, 2017.

?

Best USMNT Stadium (pick 3)

1. RFK (DC United Home)

2. StubHub Center (LA Galaxy Home)

3. Mapfre Stadium (Columbus Crew Home)

4. CenturyLink Field (Sounders Home)

5. Children's Mercy Park (Kansas City Wizards Home)

6. Rio Tinto Stadium (RSL Home)

7. Providence Park (Timbers Home)

8. Orlando City Stadium (Orlando City SC Home)

9. Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta United Home)

10. Nippert Stadium (Cincinnati, OH - Cincinnati FC Home)

11. Finley Stadium (Chattanooga FC Home)

12. Harder Stadium (UC Santa Barbara Home)

13. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a do-or-die game for the USMNT against an unknown opponent. Where are the top three stadiums you'd like to see the US play at? Comment below if there's an unlisted one

2. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    East Hartford.

3. JamieBmore

JamieBmore Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Portland, Seattle, Rio Tinto, Columbus, Kansas City....all great choices.

Instead we got NYC and hot, humid Orlando, FL for our last 2 critical World Cup qualifiers.

Good thing we got the brilliant minds at US Soccer making those decisions for us. Surprised our other qualifiers weren't at RFK or the Rose Bowl either since those Einsteins seem to want to make it as difficult as possible.

Alexisonfire repped this.
  4. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle
    Columbus
    KC

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am in the mood to talk about Stadiums so I am resurrecting this dead thread.

I am excited to see what Allianz stadium St Paul and Audi Field in DC can provide in terms of true home fields. The former will host a Gold Cup match. The Latter should host some sort of official match sooner rather than later.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #6 HomietheClown, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    And the new Lockhart stadium in Fort Lauderdale looks good in artist renderings.

Although I don't know if we should host any CONCACAF teams there unless there is a strict ticket lottery like the Mexico Hex matches.

(And the New Stadium in Miami would have the same logic applied.)

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Cincinnati looks like have a nice place to host some official matches this cycle.

8. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with: Century Link (Seattle), Children's Mercy (KC), and Orlando City Stadium.

Also like the atmosphere in a couple of NoCal stadiums like Avaya or Levi's for a bigger option. And if you don't enjoy the Rose Bowl for special events you're just UnAmerican.

Might start a petition for them to come to Milwaukee for the first time in the modern era. A lot of untapped markets that could be lively, have novelty, and serve the public actually instead of rotating the same locales.

HomietheClown repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    A friendly at Miller Park would be fun any time of year.

10. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I voted for Portland, Kansas City, and Other. I'm fine with continuing to give a match in the Hex to Columbus, but I'd prefer that the Mexico match be shifted to Portland or Kansas City now that the 2-0 streak has been broken.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It may all be moot if the Hex is demolished and we won't have a Mexico match every cycle.

But assuming there are matches:
    I think it would be interesting to see maybe Minnesota or Cincinnati host a Mexico match too.

12. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Add San Jose's Avaya Stadium. They've played well there with enthusiastic crowds on multiple occasions.

In general I'd prefer MLS soccer-specific stadia in most cases (except for big games where greater capacity is needed). And it depends on the opponent and the time of year.

13. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Red Bull Arena would've been fine for a number of other matches, but not a qualifier against Costa Rica in literally the only sizable Tico enclave in the United States. (Earlier in the cycle, we played a friendly there. I was in attendance, and it was about 60/40 Ticos I'd estimate.) In general, it's a good venue, one that should be used primarily in friendlies.

14. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    We should have a nice array of Midwest fortresses once a few more of the SSS are built. Cincy, Cbus, Minnesota, and KC will be go to locations for big qualifiers. I’d imagine Nashville and hopefully Seattle and Portland will get games as well.

15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The poll doesn't have any options northeast of D.C. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland are eleven states that combine to have exactly 20 percent of the House seats, using that to estimate what percent of the population lives there.

16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure others feel differently but I think a stadium should be ineligible for selection for any significant game if the surface is anything other than grass.

Pegasus and Three and Three repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With all the beautiful new MLS stadiums popping up I am leaning towards this opinion myself.

Although there are special exceptions I still would consider like the two in the Pacific Northwest and maybe Atlanta since I want to see how the locals would support an official match.

18. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Or less than 75 yards in width.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #19 HomietheClown, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    It will be interesting to see where the Federation decides to play the upcoming Nations League matches. I would probably play Cuba in Colorado or Utah. The altitude would make them drained and dizzy by the 20th minute.

Canada in DC United's Stadium. The atmosphere should be good for the very first official National team match in the new stadium.

It all depends on many variables and conflicts but those are the venues I would pick for the 'NL right now not knowing the behind the scenes factors.

20. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    whatever its has the smallest Latin population.

bostonsoccermdl repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Does not apply to Canada or Cuba for that matter since they mostly gave baseball fans in the USA but I guess you are referring to the OP's question.:p

22. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not sure our players are used to the altitude either though.

I'd just try to limit travel. I'd guess we're going to play one home game and one away game in each window.

So if let's say we go to Havana in October, then I would play the home game somewhere down south in either Florida or Atlanta, and if we go to Toronto in November then I would put the home game somewhere up north like Columbus, Philly, or New York.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was thinking Atlanta. Not sure the stadium would be ideal with turf though and with the American Football conflicts/MLS conflicts that could be in the Fall.

24. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This. Make it as difficult as possible for anyone not as US fan to attend

25. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    I know we just played there, but Orlando makes sense against Canada (lessen travel to/from Cuba). Maybe Minnesota for the Cuba match to minimize travel to/from Toronto (I’m assuming they won’t put the game in Vancouver or Montreal)? New York, DC etc make more sense from a travel standpoint, but then we run the risk of the game being loaded up with Cubans.