Politics, Barras and the WC

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by vipnerd, Nov 12, 2009.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    It went from taking away the TV rights from TyC and giving it to the state's channel 7 ... to forming a NT barra with the oldschool guard of Estudiantes and Boca (la Barra del Narigon- which is the same that supported the NT in the 80s and 90) ... to now seeing how the gov't has done a private deal with most of the barra bravas in 1ra for them to support the Futbol Para Todos and to show flags in support of the Kirchners.

The deal is for the bravas to behave and in exchange, up to 2 chartered planes will take this hardcore group of barras to the WC, with lodging and tickets to the games given to them. The barras have to behave in the stadiums and not cause any violence. In the meantime, the gov't could use the barras in public acts (think of them as a street army).

Are the Ks that stupid? They have just legitimized even further the barras. They probably won't impose the "derecho de admision" on them. This move is retarded. Where will the violence move to? Outside the stadiums? Because there will certainly be fights among the barras to secure their own tickets. Only that many barras can go from each team.

Here are some pics of the flags that showed up since the last Superclasico:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ole's analysis: http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/11/08/futbollocal/02036553.html

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When was the last time we saw violence inside of a stadium for a team from Primera Division? I know there was plenty of violence occuring in some second division games (leading to the exclusion of visiting fans), but I really can't recall the last time we saw anything occur inside of a stadium of a first division team.

The last incident I remember was in Velez's stadium, when two fractions of River's barras fought for "power" between themselves. Even then, that wouldn't have been solved by the Kirchners providing money. The K's whole new motto is "Hinchadas Unidas Argentinas", or "United Argentinean Fanbases", but there hasn't been any clashes between barras in a long time. Besides, do they really think that the barras are going to stop fighting? Sure, it's easy to agree when they are offered money, but when something goes down I doubt they'll be having second thoughts.

I agree with you, Vip: all the moves the Kirchners are making with Argentine football are very shady and questionable. What other countries have their governments buying out the TV rights for a major market and supplying hundreds of hooligans with free World Cup flights and tickets? It's just starting to get ridiculous.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a new... This has been happening since the 70's, i have to remind you that José "Barrita" went to Mexico '86 with money from Alfonsin's government. Let's not forget guys that these days is easier to mock on the Kirchners for stuff previous government have done yet people seems to have forgotten.

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Yes Andres I know this. The thing is that with the years, the existance of these barras has been further criticized and with the years, their wrong doings are vox populi and have the condemnation of larger sectors of the population, media and political figures. Remember the move to have every fan seated ...

Yet the flags with the Ks propaganda on them is way too much. But politics is a dirty game ... so anything goes.

5. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But even that isn't new... And that isn't too different from the adboards advertising candidates for elections either.

But for example Gustavo Grabbia once said that the barras of Boca, Nueva Chicago and Defensores de Belgrano collaborated with the campaign for mayor of Buenos Aires of a candidate, don't know if it was Macri or somebody else, Grabbia didn't want to tell, too bad because that should've been an important information.

Also didn't(or still does) that guy that waves the flag when Boca's squad come out from the tunnel at La Bombonera have the logo of PJ painted on the back of his suit? For example, that's something that isn't exactly barra related...

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still nothing new, Grabia has been saying that for years now... And hardly anybody is pointing that even if there was the intention to set a truce between barras the police most of the time is the one that initiates a conflict with supporters, with barras or without them. To clean barras if anything they should clean the police first, but eh they pretend that the 5th step should be the 1st step, they're going nowhere that way.