Poland's future?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Kasia_09, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Kasia_09

Kasia_09 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Vienna, Austria
    Poland's draw with Belgium, I personally think, has breathed new hope for the Polish side. Their performance was without a doubt much better than what they showed in the WC. I'm definitely not saying that they are now the most successful team in the World (let alone Europe!) but I believe that their future performance will be much better (furthermore they stand better chances in Euro 2004). What do you people think?

Kasia

2. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Welcome to BS:)

Im Portugeuse and im wonderin where i could find pictures of the poland belguim match!!!

and your right about one thing they did play s**T in the world cup(like portugal)! I expected poland to come second, or atleast 3rd in the group. The game against Belguim is going to give them more confidence............
    then thell start playin good:D

3. tredowski

tredowski New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    here you go:
    http://www.ekstraklasa.com.pl/reprezentacja/zdjecia_polska_belgia.php

I was surprised with the class that the supporters showed (its not typical among a lot of Polish supporters). During the anthems they even formed a big Belgian flag (http://foto.pogononline.pl/fotorelacje/20020821_polska_belgia/08.jpg).
    We should definitely have more matches in Szczecin, rather than places like Lodz where the fans are absolutely horrible.

4. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    I think we are better off with Boniek then Engel and the squad I liked more then the WC squad. I want to see the young players play. That said, Janiusz Wojcik even said after the match when asked "Witch of the new players impressed you the most?" Wojcik responsed by saying "None." Kosowski had a good match, I hope he stays with the starting 11. It's fair to say Kaluzny will also be starting and Boniek annouced this week that Dudek and Olisadebe will be also returning to the national team.

If our two young center backs play to their ability, then i don't see why we wont win the Euro Quilifing group. Between Olisadebe, Zurawski, Wichiarek and probably Smolarek will make a return soon when hes healthy the scoring will come, its just a matter of time and seeing which 2 will work the best and score the most goals.

Midfield worries me a little bit. Kosowski i think can control the ball, but no one is sure if he can against world class players. Kaluzny is good too. Karwan is a lock but didn't play well vs Belgium, is coming off injury and can't get first team action in Hertha Berlin. Out of the first 3 weeks of the Bundesliga season, Karwan has seen 0 minutes so far. Who will be the 4th midfielder, i dont know and what if Kosowski can't play at world class level just yet?

Alot of questions to be anwsered and so little time.

5. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Was the game played in Szczecin?

6. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
  7. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002