Poland World Cup Squad 2006

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    I only went on players I knes, and on uefa.com, it never mentioned Szymkowiak. and said Smolarek was a striker. It also didn't mention Sobolewski. And, is Olisadebe really that bad now, that he can't make the teamn or squad? I'd have assumed he was better than Rasiak, younger than Frankowski, so would be a sub at least. As for the team I put out, no Klos or Frankowski is for the future, as Klos=32, Frankowski=33, but Mila=23, the CB I put in=26, andSmolarek=27 or 28.

2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    well Szymkowiak is our best midfielder, and arguably, our most important player. Smolarek is a striker for BVB, but plays the wings for Polska. Olisadebe hasnt played for a very long time for the NT. Franek will play in the WC no matter what. We might throw Rasiak in against Costa Rica since they're really small but Franek & Zuraw are our key partnership. We need Klos in there as we dont have many options on the defence.

By the way, Ebi is only 25.

3. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Bak is younger than Klos. Who is Ebi? How old are Szymkowiak and Smolarek?

4. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    Are you Polish???

5. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    I hope the Zurawski and Smolarek start up-front, with Franek as the super sub.

Smolarek and Zuraw are amazing strikers, so not playing them both upfront would be crazy.

6. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Younger doesnt really matter. Ebi is the short form for Euzebiusz, which is Smolarek's first name. And like I said, Ebi is 25. Miroslaw Szymkowiak turned 29 this past November.

7. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Nope, I just like Poland, as they are one of my favourite teams apart from England.

8. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Also, Glowacki for Klos.

9. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    I dont know about that either. I think Glowacki will be a sub.

10. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    But Glowacki is 26, Klos is 32.

11. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    doesnt matter.

12. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
  13. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hopefully Krzynowek will win back his starter position at Aspirin FC, we need him in form for the WC, and thats hard to achive playing 25 min or less a game. As for Dudek, I got to respect Janas' decision to let him be in the picture for GK despite the few starts. Players of that caliber deserve the opportunity to show what they got. In the end I hope he picks the best 3 keepers, based on form and not their last name.

14. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Lets say Krzynowek keeps getting these 20 min./game appearances and Kosowski keeps starting like he is now. Who would you rather have playing at the WC? Would really be unfair to Kosowski if he didn't start IMO.

BTW, as of right now, I wouldn't mind these 20 min/game appearances. Last game he didn't even get subbed on. As long as hes still getting some action, I think he should start, based on his skill alone. He'll start for us & if he gets tired due to lack of form or whatever, Kosowski will be right there waiting.

15. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    With the friendly against the US quickly approaching, I thought i'd give my predictions on what I expect the lineup to look like.

I guess this is what we WANT to see:

...........................Boruc............................

Zewlakow.........Klos.........Jop............Baszczynski

Krzynowek........Szymkowiak........Sobolewski.........Smolarek

....................Zurawski................Frankowski

Wouldn't be surprised if it was like this:

........................Dudek...........................

Zewlakow........Lewandowski.........Jop........Baszczynski

Krzynowek....Szymkowiak...Sobolewski...Smolarek

............Zurawski...........Frankowski

Possibility?(actually, I would like to see this one)

.......................Kuszczak/Boruc..........................

Zewlakow......Klos.........Jop.........Baszczynski

Krzynowek...........Szymkowiak.........Kosowski

Smolarek...........Zurawski...........Frankowski

Than Again, weve been surprised before:

.....................Kowalewski.................

Zewlakow.....Hajto....Bak....Rzasa

Krzynowek.....Zdebel.....Kosowski

Niedzielan.......Rasiak.....Saganowski

I kind of did the last one as a joke, but you never know....

16. Stampede4Life

Stampede4Life New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Rochester
    Smolarek---Zurawski

Krzynowek---Szymkowiak---Sobo---Kosowski

Zewlakow---Lewandowski---Jop---Baszczynski

--Kuszczak--​

17. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    That's a good lineup for the game. I would LOVE to see Ebi playing with Magic up front.

18. slask

slask New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Franlowski------Zurawski

---------------------------Smolarek------------

Krzynowek--------------------------------Kosowski

------------------------Symkowiak----------

Zewlakow-----------Jop---------Klos------Baszczynski

------------------------Kuszcak--------------------

Iwoulsd love to see how they would do in this formation,dont know hoe symek would do playing Dm. But on Kosowski he is my fav Nt player and I think we need hes pace and Creativity on the pitch.

19. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    yeah i'd like to see kosowski playing, but putting szymek at DM might subdue him & eliminate many of his passing options up to the forwards.

20. slask

slask New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Yah dont know if it would be the right set up for the wc but I would love to see how it would work even in a friendly where (god forbid) Symek is injured or unavalible then it may be a formation to look at.

21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    yeah, even throwing Lewandowski as DM as Janas seems inclined to do. It could work.

22. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    Szymkowiak is definetly not a DM, he is too injury prone and not a ball winner. It will not work. He can pass the ball so he should pass it and not fight to win it. Also his physics dont determine him as a DM

But thats just my opinion ;)

23. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    I agree, but Boruc for Kuszczak, as I take it Boruc and this team will be the 1st XI in Germany?

24. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    more like Smolarek instead of Kosowski, and Frankowski taking his place up front. Not too sure about the defence either, but thats pretty much on track.

25. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    If you have an eye on when Frankowski retires (isn't he 34) then you will keep the team like that, with Kosowski as his replacement and Smolarek upfront?