POLAND squad for EURO 2008

Discussion in 'Poland' started by marek, May 28, 2008.

1. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  2. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'MON POLAND!!!! Gooooooooooooo Rzeczpospolita Polska!!!!!!

3. Marbur66

Marbur66 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    Zurawski is a stiff. I hope he gets relegated to the bench next game.

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I was saying all along instead of Zurawski Leo should of called up Pawel Brozek, but it's too late now. We are probably the only country that didn't call up the top scorer in their own league

5. Marbur66

Marbur66 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    1. From what I've heard, Brozek has been terrible for the NT.

2. You're obviously at least a little biased, seeing as how he plays for your club.

3. Being the top-scorer in the Polish league doesn't make a player world-class or anything. Let's face it, Ekstraklasa is mickey-mouse.

6. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea he was terrible but he's 25 i think we need a someone next to Smolarek that is fast and has more agility. He probably will be called up for the WC 2010 qualifiers. Zurawski is 31 and hasn't scored for Poland in a long time

7. Marbur66

Marbur66 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    He scored against Albania, in the second-last friendly before Euro '08.:cool:
    But you're right, he seems slow and too old out there. I don't really know who could replace him, but I'd even rather see Janczyk in there. More talent.

8. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I'm not mad at the team, actually I think we played quite well, just needed to take our chances. I like what I see of Roger and hope he starts the next in some role. Our defense looked a little weak at times, the second goal was due to a mistake, but otherwise we deserved alot better than what we got in the end. Ah well, onward to the next games, if we can beat Austria and Croatia then this game won't matter much, and it's definitely possible :)

9. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to beat Austria that's the first task or we are going home and it could be a tough game. Austria is ranked in #92 but they didn't look like it against Croatia. It will be a crucial game.

I think Smolarek and Roger up front

10. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright... hopefully Germany kick the shite out of Croatia since they looked like shite against Austria. THEN if we can take care of business with a tough Austria side, and a tough Croatia side then MAYBE just maybe we can sneak out of the group with Germany.

the 2nd half wasn't bad for us because that goal by Podolski was pure sick and we could do nothing about it... but we have to never play that stupid offside-trap strategy ever again because we almost never use it and apparently Leo wanted to surprise Low and it backfired BIG TIME... we sucked with it, thank god he ditched it... i'd like to see Roger behind Smolarek instead of Zurawski because Roger looked very good throughout the 2nd half and could be VERY important and useful against the other 2 sides with a full 90 minutes.

with that said, congrats on the victory Germany... well deserved

11. Sevryn45

Sevryn45 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    We played better then in 2006, big improvement but still it kinda sux and it leaves a sour tase in our mouth when you have a ref not calling offside, Germany scored 2 of their goals and Gomez missed 1.

Too bad for Zurawski, he missed an open net but this is Zurawski so i am not surprised.

Our back line will need work, we gona have to rebuild it following this turnament; Bak is 35 retireing, Zewlakow is 32, they will not be around for 2010 and neither will Zurawski and Krzynowek.

We gotta start bringing in some new blood.

Poland with Beenhakker has improved a ton, but we know we can only do so much our future rests on improving our infustructure, building stadiums and training facilities and we need a few dozen of modernized stadiums 15k average for the Leagues with 4 or 5 bigger ones. Let's not forget we need a player and coaching Academy we still dont have one and we need at least 1 in our country.

At the moment we are a filler team, who on their day will beat the likes of Portugal and Czech Republic and on their worst day get squashed by US or tie Albania.

We got a long road to go, there's certainly a light in the tunnel and the situation will improve dramatically after all this stuff gets built for 2012.

As for this tournament, we can beat Austria as for Croatia I dunno; Croatia has the likes of Modric, Srna, Petric, Corluka, Kranjcar it will be tough they are a very very dangerous team we don't have the quality that Croatia has but anyhting is possible football is not played on paper.

12. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stop blaming the refs, it wasn't their fault. plain and simple, Leo's tactics with the offside-trap KILLED us. once he changed it we looked good. get over this whole bullshite reason to point the blame elsewhere

so Zurawski missed, big deal... this also gave Leo the opportunity to use Roger and he looked infinitely better. if Zurawski scored we would have had to deal with his mediocrity for another 2 matches, whereas now Leo and the rest of us know that Roger is much more useful in the whole behind Smolarek instead of Maciej

our backline doesn't need many improvements... Zewlakow will be around for 2010 and will probably be the aging veteran in our backline sort of like Bak is now. Kokoszka who currenty plays for Wisla will probably be one of the next starting CB's for the Polish national team, also Wawrzyniak of Legia looks potentially damn good as well. give Pazdan a few years and he will be contending.

Kokoszka=21 years old
    Wawrzyniak=25 years old
    Pazdan=20 years old

so the future isn't as bad as you make it out to be!!! :cool:

a few dozen modernized stadiums? and where do you think all this money is going to come from. how many is a "few dozen"??? they are building and renovating some of the stadiums for the Euro which some of the clubs will benefit from. BUT there isn't enough money to build this dream league you speak of!

Croatia is sick on paper... but thankfully matches aren't played on paper :D

13. Sevryn45

Sevryn45 New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Stadiums 10-15k are not that expensive to build, Zgalembie Lubin is building a
    nice 16,00 seater for around 35 million zloty.
    [​IMG]

Not every team wants or needs a 30,000 + Stadium, Stadiums like Korona Kielce and the new one Zaglembie Lubin is building should become a requirement for the Polish League.

Good thing about this is that quite a few of Stadiums like these will be built in Poland over the next 5 years or so.

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i didn't know about all the stadium situations around the league, thanks :)

15. Marbur66

Marbur66 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    Zurawski finished for at least the group stage:

"The forward was forced to withdraw at half-time during Poland's 2-0 loss in Klagenfurt and he had initially hoped to regain fitness in time for their second game, against Austria in Vienna on Thursday. But the 31-year-old will watch the rest of their Group B games from the sideline and will only get another chance to play in UEFA EURO 2008™ if Poland progress to the knockout stage, according to the medical staff of the Polish Football Association." (uefa.com)

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't wish injury on any player, but I think Leo finally opened his eyes

17. 91TFC

91TFC New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I love the way Roger plays. Hopefully we can beat Austria and then Croatia.

18. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For crying out load how can you take a player to any championship that's not physically fit...i knew Leo should of took Pawel Brozek;)

19. Alex22

Alex22 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Soccer Euro 2008

"I found some good highlights on this new?website http://mysoccermedia.com"

20. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    oh, well... at least we didn't end up as the worst team thanks to the French

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and Greeks :D (when its all said and done)

22. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I guess the US beating you was a sign to what was coming at Euro.

23. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    right, 'cause if a team gets beat by the US it means they gotta suck

is that what you're trying to say?

24. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they don't suck, but if they get beat 3-0 at home to the US, it most likely means they're just not good enough to win at Euro. [​IMG]

25. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i just love it when trolls creep out of the woodwork :rolleyes: :cool: