POLAND squad for EURO 2008

Discussion in 'Poland' started by marek, May 28, 2008.

1. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Bramkarze: Artur Boruc (Celtic Glasgow), Tomasz Kuszczak (Manchester United), Lukasz Fabianski (Arsenal Londyn)

Obroncy: Jacek Bak (Austria Wieden), Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht Bruksela), Pawel Golanski (Steaua Bukareszt), Mariusz Jop (FK Moskwa), Adam Kokoszka (Wisla Kraków), Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warszawa), Michal Zewlakow (Olympiakos Pireus)

Pomocnicy: Dariusz Dudka (Wisla Kraków), Jakub Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Mariusz Lewandowski (Szachtar Donieck), Rafal Murawski (Lech Poznan), Lukasz Gargula (PGE GKS Belchatów), Jacek Krzynówek (VfL Wolfsburg), Michal Pazdan (Górnik Zabrze), Roger Guerreiro (Legia Warszawa)

Napastnicy: Euzebiusz Smolarek (Racing Santander), Wojciech Lobodzinski (Wisla Kraków), Maciej Zurawski (AE Larissa), Tomasz Zahorski (Górnik Zabrze), Marek Saganowski (FC Southampton)

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,65029,5252507,Oni_jada_na_Euro___kadra_reprezentacji_Polski.html

2. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow Pazdan Is Going To The Euros What A Shock
    The Lineup Vs Germany

Boruc

Wasilewski
    Bak
    Zewlakow
    Wawryzniak Or Golanski

Blaszczykowski Or Lobodinski
    Lewandowski
    Smolarek
    Guerrierro
    Krzynowek

Zurawski

3. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ballsy move by Leo to drop Brono and Radomatu
    so I guess Golanski will start on the left....
    Here is my stab at the starting XI against the Gerries

.....................................Boruc.......................................
    .........................Bak....................Zewlakow..............................
    Wasilewski...........................................................Golanski..................
    ...............................Dudka.............................................................
    .....................................................Lewandowski..........................
    Ebi............................Rogerski.................................Krzynowek.......
    ...............................................Zurawski.......................................

I think Leo will use Kuba as the spark of the bench...
    I would not be surprised if Ebi is used in the joker role in the 2nd or 3rd games either..

4. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    he dropped bronowcki bc he said he didnt think bronowicki could play 3 games in 10 days. matusiak is out of form

5. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes... I read that as well.

6. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    SQUAD NUMBERS:

Bramkarze:
    1. Artur Boruc (Celtic)
    22. Lukasz Fabianski (Arsenal Londyn)
    12.Tomasz Kuszczak (Manchester United)

Obroncy:
    6. Jacek Bak (Austria Wieden)
    4. Pawel Golanski (Steaua Bukareszt)
    2. Mariusz Jop (FK Moskwa)
    23. Adam Kokoszka (Wisla Kraków)
    13. Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht Bruksela)
    3. Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warszawa)
    14. Michal Zewlakow (Olympiakos Pireus)

Pomocnicy:
    16. Jakub Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund)
    5. Dariusz Dudka (Wisla Kraków)
    10. Lukasz Gargula (GKS Belchatów)
    20. Roger Guerreiro (Legia Warszawa)
    8. Jacek Krzynówek (VfL Wolfsburg)
    18. Mariusz Lewandowski (Szachtar Donieck)
    19. Rafal Murawski (Lech Poznan)
    15. Michal Pazdan (Górnik Zabrze)

Napastnicy:
    17. Wojciech Lobodzinski (Wisla Kraków)
    11. Marek Saganowski (Southampton)
    7. Euzebiusz Smolarek (Racing Santander)
    21. Tomasz Zahorski (Górnik Zabrze)
    9. Maciej Zurawski (AE Larisa)

7. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    I am not superstitious but I don't think that number 10 out of starting eleven is good omen:(

8. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    It may just look like this, especially against Germany. What do you think about putting Kuba - if healthy - on the right defensive flank, moving Zewlakow to the left side and putting Jop in the center? Would work well against teams with speedy wingers...

Are you refering to the Lewandowski debacle against Latvia? I've read bits and pieces, but don't know exactly what happened (I wasn't able to watch that game). Either way, Lewan has sure come a long way since his miserable performances under Boniek.

9. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    No, I mean Lukasz Gargula who will wear no. 10 shirt and usually it belongs to most important and creative player, compare with other teams in the tournament.

As for Lewandowski I agree, he is one of most reliable players in our NT now.

10. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah...I know about no. 10, and that Gargula doesn't exactly fit the bill - wonder why its not Roger with the 10? Maybe b/c as he's a newcomer to the nT? But evidently the no. 10 has been jinxed ever since Lewandowski wore it in the game we lost against Latvia, and was completely destroyed by the press afterwards. Does anyone have any details on this?

11. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    I'm not sure if I remember it right, but I think that in time Zbigniew Boniek was national coach shortly after 2002 World Cup, he used to play Lewandowski at right midfield, where he couldn't show his qualities and simply made an impression of player below international level. And I have to admit that I also thought this player should never play in national side, but he made a lot of progress since then and - most importantly - plays on his natural position.

I didn't remember he was number 10 then though. But if Roger Guerreiro received this number, it would be probably too much unnecessary media hype around it again. Do you know that next Tuesday "Przeglad Sportowy" edits special appendix about Roger Guerreiro? I think they can put too much weight on his shoulder and this group of football fans who only watch games at World Cups and Euros will expect Roger to be saviour of national team.

12. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the... are you saying start Kuba and have him attempt to play right back?!?!? or are you trying to say that we should play with Kuba in the midfield and have only 3 defenders back in Jop, Wasilewski, and Bak?!?!? both situations would be suicide regardless

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree it was a ballsy move that Brono was dropped... but i felt he at the least could have been brought for depth, what happens if one of the guys in our back line get injured? use the old legs of Jop or the inexperienced Koko?

another thing is i think Ebi will play that joker roll but i think he will be more up front staggered off, and i think Lobo will be on the right flank. i don't think Dudka is ready to play, but if he is then there is a dilemma between whether or not to start Lewandowski or/and Dudka, because i just don't see both of them playing, and if they do both start then i can't see Roger starting. but i see Roger starting so i don't plan on Dudka playing starting since he isn't in the best of form.

I say Kuba and Dudka are our first choice substitutions if we need it

14. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Talk about jinx why is Roger Guerreiro (Legia Warszawa) on the team?

I don't remember him playing in any of the qualifiers..I could be wrong

Every time we bring in a foreign national who turns into a polish national and plays for the team we get last place or don't even qualify...remember Olisadebe:eek:

15. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    right and without Oli we would not have qualified for our first WC in 16 years

its a big and a changing world and if we end up with a Nigerian or a Brazilian who take up Polish citizenship... well it just means that Poland has finally joined the rest of the world

16. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in addition, what good squad in the world doesn't have a Brasilian on it? ;)

17. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    there you go, you're coming around... even Wisla has its Cleber!

18. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hehe :D

19. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but i don't think a player should get first dibs on any national team just because he's Brazilian...and sorry i differ with all of you...Cleber plays for Wisla a couple of years now, he is well acclimated with the team..

How is Roger come any close to being acclimated with the national team? How come he deserves that position over any other polish player who spilled his guts for the team but didn't get the position because we got a "Brazilian" who wants to play for the Polish national team...

in my opinion you have to play and spill your guts to play for the national team...BTW any Wisla player is better than roger at that position

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was joking... everyone jokes about every good squad needs a Brasilian because look out in far-east asia where NT like Japan or China or others have Brasilians on it... i don't honestly believe my joke, it was JUST a joke :cool:

21. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    which Polish player missed out on the squad b/c of Roger?

and what of those players who made the squad and did not play a significant if any role in the qualifiers?

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, i don't see what white star is talking about either :(

i'm sort of p!ssed though that Bronowicki didn't make it but Saganowski did... if we needed one player to not start, but to add depth it would have just made more sense to bring Bronowicki since we are a defensive minded squad... there is no chance in hell Saganowski ever makes a start :mad:

23. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just think Zienczuk should of been called up instead of Roger ..or Kamil Kosowski for that matter, but I guess it's too late;)

24. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, but does anyone even know if Kosowski is even playing in Spain? also, Leo needed midfielders for the middle of the pitch... Krzynowek is a lock on the left side and has been one of our most consistent midfielders over the years... then on the right side we already have Kuba, Lobo, and Smolarek if need be. so Zienczuk and Kosa aren't needed because outwide on the flanks. Sobolewski is retired, and well Cantoro and Jirsak aren't even Polish... with Dudka already being called up our (wisla) entire midfield was looked at already. i'm happy with Leo's choices other than Saganowski making it over Bronowicki

25. Marbur66

Marbur66 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    I agree with the fact that Saganowski should not be on the squad, but leaving him off wouldn't necessearily mean than Bronowicki would be in. That would leave us with only 3 strikers/forwards. I guess Lobodzinski could play up there as well.....