Poland at Portugal (9/8) and Finland (9/12) [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by marek, Aug 28, 2007.

1. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    0-0 FT, jeez we now have a long way to go a win would have almost put use in qualification.

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It ended up Finland 0-0 Poland I hope the loss to Armenia won't bite the Polish team in the ass

3. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Not a big deal, as long as we qualify :rolleyes:.

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Holy cow, Pantelic scored like in 88th minute to tie it! Shades of Poland for Portugal perhaps! I believe this tie will help us.

To get back to the Poland -Fin game, I haven't seen such a defensively played match in a long time. At times it was painful to watch...Poland tried to draw the Fins in, but it didn't work, and both teams tried to score solely by capitalizing on oppontents mistakes. Boruc saved us, I guess, and a post saved Finland.

5. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Boruc was brillant on that header which I think saved us. To bad we hit the post, but at least we still keep our 4 point lead over Portugal which will help use in the end.

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need 3 points from the next 2 games to go through right?

7. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Er, hosting Kazahkstan should be a win no doubt, and so should Belgium. Don't get your hopes down. This was a good point to get, definately not an easy one, and we don't have tough next two games, except perhaps Belgium.

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we shouldn't be so cofident we will win look what happened in Armenia

9. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    The next two games should be wins for use anything else will put use in a difficult postion, Kazakhstan is a must win, we already beat them away, this time it's home and Kazakhstan has gotten better over some time, but still how we played against Finland I have to say was really good defensivly, I'm not afraid or worried about Kazakhstan.

Belguim, this is a team already out of the qualification and really shouldn't be a threat even if recent performences was good like Serbia, but still they tied 2-2 with Kazakhstan not impressive, plus with home advantage should really give use the win. Maybe a tie only if Finland and Portugal loses points through out the way.

Serbia, well only time will tell the positon, I mean if Poland wins the other two games we should be through. I'm not even sure if it's possible to not quailfy with 28 points. If we do need the points Serbia would probably not be the team we want to get the points from epically with their impressive defense, it's to far to tell honestly, I just hope this game won't mean much.

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    we keep getting favorable results from the other games, but it looks like our qualification is going to come down to the last game against Serbia away, which isn't a great prospect...We need the two wins against Belgium and Kazakhstan pretty badly even though we're still first in the group...We have the hardest sched. left, comparable only to Finland. Serbia and Portugal should get at least 9 points from their remaining 4 games so it wont be easy.

11. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    The table of our group and all the different possibilities make it difficult to predict what Poland needs to do and / or needs to happen to advance. Of course winning all the remaining games (or even winning against Belgium and Kazakh and tying Serbia) will guarantee a berth in the finals, but other than that the possiblities are many. Gazeta.pl has a nice write up on this:

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,85239,4487990.html

12. ForzaPolska

ForzaPolska New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Ostrolenka
    O Poland should easily be able to beat Kazahstan and Belgium we should be able to win but as posted before it might come down to the game against Serbia

13. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    i just hope we dont overlook the kazakhstan/belgium games...it is very possible to lose points in both those games