Poland at Portugal (9/8) and Finland (9/12) [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by marek, Aug 28, 2007.

1. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    If anybody didn't see polish goals yet, you can watch both here
    http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,65046,4471860.html
    In another article I read that just before Krzynowek's equaliser a lot of people was screaming "Oh my God, just don't shot from this position" hoping that it would be better to continue the action. But somehow miraclously this shot found the way to the net:)
    4 points against Portugal, who could seriously expect it!!!

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course. ;)

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was a sensational long-distance shot! I've seen more of such goals from Jacek in the past when he played in Nuremberg, so it doesn't surprise me. His left foot is incredible! My brother, who is 1. FCN fan, still loves him.

Btw: Great job from Beenhakker (I expected it, though)!!!

4. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    That goal from Jacek was almost an exact replica that he did against real madrid, but when I saw him right before the goal, I was like pass pass to Lewandowski! (I think it was) Then I was like no don't take a shot in the 88th minute one goal down, but I couldn't finish, because by the time he took the shot I was screaming Krzynówek! :p

5. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Unfortunate they're really attacking in the Portugal forum, saying we don't have the quality to be in Euro, we played horrible, etc etc. :(

Ah well, we got a point!!

Yeah, we were really not Euro quality when we beat them 2-1, and really gave a beating.

It should've been more than 2-1, but oh well.

6. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Meh, they are just not in a good mood right now and are just saying those stuff just to get us in a bad mood. Besides they can whine all they want that 2-2 score isn't going to change, they played for the win we played for the tie in the end success is ours lucky or not we got that point. Now we just have to use that success to our advantage.

7. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    lol ignore them, they are just frustrated with the same old BS involving our team.

Poland is in first place for a reason, and deserve full credit while we're lucky serbia has ********ed up the past two games to even still be in a QF race.

No doubt individually we are alot superior, but ******** sakes, football isnt about how beautiful you play or how much you control a game, its how many goals you score in the end.

Poland has a strategy that works, and sticks to it, can't blame you for that.

As you said, they are forgetting how badly you humiliated our piss poor squad in Poland and made us look like amatuers.

Thank ******** rocha, valente and cvostinha never played again..now petit and gomes have to join them, and simao needs to be moved to the bench:D

a win vs finland and ur in the euros, a tie or a loss, and a portugal win and this group is still open..we have the "easier" games left after serbia while u play belgium and serbia.

This group will probably go down to the last day.

8. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I would like to say how respectful you guys were with us. Everytime we draw, there was always some assholes that invaded our forum.
    Good luck for your remaining matches btw ;)

Off-Topic: A guy that I know is studying in Poland through Erasmmus and he promised to take 2 bottles of good polish vodka at the new year. It was of one brand that had a name of a classical french composer that i forgot. Anyway, it sucked ass so I no longer trust him. : P

Can you please recommend a good alcoholic product that you're specialized at?

9. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    A really good post, Quaresma, repped.

I'm not saying we deserved to win, or played well - the second goal was luck from Krzynowek, but that's part of the brilliance to me.

I didn't mean to call the squad poor when Poland won, but it's unnecessary to say the team aren't Euro quality - they are definately a quality team that, if areconsistant and get their act together, could be a great squad.

Again, thanks for the reply, nice to know there are levelheaded fans. I will give them though that they have the right to be pissed. I would be too.

Good luck on qualifying, and I agree, the group will probably go down to the last day.

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    look at all this fan sportsmanship, isnt it beautiful

11. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
    Chopin?! Chopin was a Pole, very good vodka

12. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    I don't like vodka and other 40% alcohols personally, but long ago my grandpa had mates from Italy and when they came to Poland, he gave them vodka called "Zubrowka" and they really liked it. It is vodka with some kind of special herb inside and it is only produced in Poland. When someone likes drinks, it tastes well with apple juice. The one I like is "Krupnik" - vodka with honey. I prefer beer generally but once I was cold during my birthday party and I decided to drink Krupnik: really good. There are some good beers in Poland, but unfortunately those which are exported are sh*tty. You'd have to be in Poland to try those from small local breweries.

13. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I'm happy enough being in Canada and being able to drink Ziwiec, Ococim, Lezajsk, EB, Lech. :D

Do not usually drink Polish vodka as most are higher end and cost almost twice as much as normal brands. Chopin, Belvedere, Wyborowska, all cost as much as Gray Goose.

14. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Yeah, that's the one! Good?...man I've drank several brands of vodka before and that one so far is the worst.

I'm going to ask for that one when he comes at the end of this month. I hope it's cheap since i'm the one who's going to pay for it. Thanks alot for your suggestion!

15. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first off potato vodka's are a different kind of vodka that definitely isn't the best kind, Chopin's claim is that they are the finest and best potato vodka out on the market, and to be honest they are... but again it is just a potato vodka

Zubrowka is easily one of the best polish vodka's you can get, its cool with the grain of grass in the bottle that has particles that will thin your blood as you drink. and yes apple juice like previously mentioned is good with it. i forgot what movie that drink was in

16. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
    0,7l bottle of Żubrówka will cost no more than 35 zloty (1zloty =0,25 euro)

17. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Here 0,75l bottle is $25CDN = 65 zloty

18. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK back on topic prediction for tomorrow's game:

Poland 2-1 Finland

19. Bujdasz

Bujdasz New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Im going 3-0 Poland!! :cool:

20. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
    Poland 1:0 Finland

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agree

22. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    If Poland scores early forcing Finland to open, then 4:1 to us. If the Finns sit on it and we can't break through then 1:1.

23. NumberSoul

NumberSoul New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    It depends what Finland wants, which I think is a win, which I think is good for use since they won't focus so much on the defense and we can break on them with quick passing and counter attacks.

I'm hoping for a solid 2-0 or 1-0 win for use.

24. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm holding out for a 2-0 win but I just pray we can win

25. Polseb

Polseb Member

Jun 9, 2006