Pokemon

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Sal, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With Pokemon coming to Netflix, i figured it would be good to start a Pokemon thread for nostalgia. For those of you who played Pokemon this thread is for discussing anything Pokemon related. If you want to catch up or just rematch them, the first 51 are on netflix and here are the rest
    http://pokemonepisode.org .

Who was your favorite Pokemon ?
    What was your favorite Pokemon game?
    What was the best generation of Pokemon in your opinion?
    Did you watch the Anime on tv at all?
    What starter did you usually pick when playing the game (Grass, Fire, Water)?
    And other information you would like to provide about Pokemon.

Also if anyone is interested in playing Pokemon again on your iPhone, just ask me in this thread and ill provide you the links/steps to play it. I recently figured out how to play Pokemon on iPhone and it is great for Nostalgia

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started playing Pokemon this past October with Pokemon Y, was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Got my son Pokemon X and now he's a Pokemon fanatic. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the game.

My favorite is Sawk.

3. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Never heard of Sawk, I stopped playing after the 3rd generation (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen) So you haven't played the original ones? Do you have an iPhones? If so you should really play the old ones they are great.

4. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Also, when you play on iPhone you can play "hacked" versions of Pokemon that were created by people like you and me for other people to enjoy. The best ones I've played are Pokemon Light Platinum http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokeacutemonlightplatinum.html (game that includes Pokemon from all 5 generations, 2 regions, 16 gyms, and the possibility to get 5 starters. And also Pokemon Ashgray, which is an exact remake of the Anime, everything that happens in the Anime happens in that game.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do I play Pokemon on my iOS devices?

Oh and no, never played any other Pokemon game. My son is now into the collectible card game as well.

6. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #6 Sal, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    http://gba4iosapp.com
    1. Click the the download GBA4IOS link when you open the page.
    2. Before downloading it set your devices date to before February 18 2014.
    3. Click Download GBA4IOS 2.0.1.
    4. A app will then appear on your device (i assume you have an iPad).
    5. Open the App, you will have no roms to play when you first download it.
    6. Click the Plus (+) on the top right corner of your device. This will open coolrom.com where you can download any Gameboy Advance/ Gameboy Color game. Click browse by letter and then by the letter "P" and you can play download any pokemon game you like. I recommend in this order Emerald, Light Platinum, AshGray, Firered, Liquid Crystal for Gameboy Advance games. For Gameboy Color games i Recommend Yellow, Crystal, Silver, Red, Gold, and Blue in that order.

If you have any problems while doing this just ask me.

Oh and switch the date on the device back when you've downloaded everything you want. And if your app starts to not open you have to switch your date back to before June 17 2012/13 I think in order to open the app then you can switch your date back.

Dante repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, did it and it works!

8. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What games you get?

9. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who was your favorite Pokemon ? Charizard!
    What was your favorite Pokemon game? Pokemon Gold.
    What was the best generation of Pokemon in your opinion? Generation 1.
    Did you watch the Anime on tv at all? No.
    What starter did you usually pick when playing the game (Grass, Fire, Water)? Fire!

I have played them all. Never liked Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire. Too short, not enough pokemon and there was too mjuch surfing or diving. I hated it.

10. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For me it's
    1. Sceptlie, Charmander, Pikachu, Gengar in that order.
    2. Crystal, Yellow, Emerald in that order.
    3. Gen1>Gen 2>Gen 3 in that order.
    4. I've watched the anime and am watching it now.
    5. My favorite starters are the grass ones but the Fires ones were best if you wanted to easily breeze through the game.

@Dante which roms did you download and how does it run on your iPad?

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why do people like Pikachu? It is crap Pokemon and its design is not that good either in my opinion. I remember when I had Yellow, I traded the Pikachu to Red and evoved it then traded it back! It was bloody useless otherwise.

12. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Because it's the face of pokemon. And I like it mostly because of the anime as it is one of the main characters. I also enjoy watching the friendship between ash and pikachu grow as the show goes. There's one episode where ash lets pikachu stay with other pikachu to enjoy itself more, but pikachu comes running back to ash because they are best friends. Very touching.

Sceptlie is my #1 favorite though.

13. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Damn the anime! I do not watch it so I would not know. I never liked it. Thought it was always over hyped. I have always thought that Charizard is the most popular though. In Pokemon X and Y only Charizard and Mewtwo got two mega evolutions. The Charizard X looks amazing. I like Sceptile as well, mostly because I like reptiles.

14. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There's gotta be more than 3 pokemon fans on here.... Cmon

15. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL.

Maybe because they are embaressed???!

16. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You are never too old for Pokemon.

17. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who was your favorite Pokemon ? Squirtle
    What was your favorite Pokemon game? Blue
    What was the best generation of Pokemon in your opinion? Generation 1
    Did you watch the Anime on tv at all? Sometimes
    What starter did you usually pick when playing the game (Grass, Fire, Water)? Water

I think I started playing Pokemon when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I'd been playing a lot of Final Fantasy and Secret of Mana at the time, so it was an easy transition to the Pokemon series. I'm a bit OCD and enjoy collecting things (comics, action figures, etc.), so the game really fed on that aspect of my personality. I'm now 30 years old, and I still play the game. I downloaded the GBA emulator on my iPhone about a year ago, and have enjoyed playing through the old games. I liked the pedometer aspect that they introduced with Soul Silver and Heart Gold, but I haven't gotten around to picking up X or Y yet. I've tried to get my wife into Pokemon, but she refuses to play the games with me. One day I'll win her over. One day...

Also, Team Rocket hires the most incompetent people in the world. Jesse and James have been trying to steal Ash's pikachu for over ten years, and they're still unsuccessful at it. There are pikachu everywhere, especially in grassy areas. They couldn't catch their own in that time frame? Idiots.

Sal repped this.
  18. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Can you play soul silver and heart gold on iPhone?

19. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. I know you can play Silver and Gold on the iPhone emulator. I play Soul Silver and Heart Gold on my 3DS. However, there aren't a lot of differences between the two games. They basically gave Silver and Gold a facelift, similar to what they did with Fire Red and Leaf Green.

20. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Doesn't your starter follow you in hg/ss. Thats my favorite part.

21. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Whichever Pokemon is at the top of your active team list is the one that follows you.

22. Holla at ya boy

May 15, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who was your favorite Pokemon ? Scyther
    What was your favorite Pokemon game? Blue or Red
    What was the best generation of Pokemon in your opinion? 1st generation
    Did you watch the Anime on tv at all? I only watched Pokemon and a little Dragon Ball Z
    What starter did you usually pick when playing the game (Grass, Fire, Water)? I switched every time I played, but the first time I ever played I took Bulbasaur.

I picked back up playing Pokemon for the first time since like early high school, this past summer. I have only ever played and paid attention to the 1st generation though. I am also ridiculously excited they have the first season of the Pokemon TV series on Netflix now.

23. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    have you enjoyed playing the pokemon games you downloaded on your iPad a while ago? I haven't played in a while haha.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played for a couple hours and that was it. I've currently got other games that have been taking up my time, as well as some new books that need to be finished.

25. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Any of the games you are playing worth recommending?