Pohang v Guoan brawl

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Can anyone please enlighten me as to why the Chinese has a grudge against the Koreans?

Hell, the Chinese had an unfair hegemony over Korea for centuries. As for today, they continue to disregard Korean territorial boundaries and create tension every time there's a Korea-China affair, be it on the fields or in diplomacy. The rivalry between these two countries are more than skin deep, even worse than White-Black discrimination.

And I don't understand all the Chinese commotion about ending the jinx with playing against Korean soccer. Besides Korea, there are so many other countries that China had never defeated in the past thirty years. Why single out Korea?

So apparently something isn't making sense here, as the Koreans were the true victims and thus deserve to truly disrespect the Chinese as much as China seeks revenge against Japan for WW2 crimes.

For all you Chinese, if it means all that much to you, why don't you just finally bomb the crap out of Korea and invade the peninsula that you "rightfully" own? That way you can finally achieve your desire to go to the "glory days" of your "middle kingdom."

2. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd have to say you're being a racist prick. Stfu you sock.

Anyways was this game a friendly or a CL?

3. tohan redded

tohan redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2010
    Cunt, Stop fantasizing about your other half.

4. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This place is getting out of hand. Who the hell are you tohan? At least identify yourself properly if you're going to come in and start insulting regular members right off the bat.

5. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Too many posts in this thread don't deserve an answer. But to you... we don't give a shit about Korea. We really don't, believe me. This brawl isn't some microcosm of a grand hate campaign against Koreans... There are soccer fights all over the world, it doesn't mean such and such country hates the other. Maybe you're just over-reacting? We're talking about 2 clubs here... with players who aren't Korean or Chinese.

Re: This win against S. Korea last week was the first in 32 years. I accept our NT is shit, so this "achievement" - if you will - gives us something to cheer about for once. But honestly, if you guys take every loss this seriously, and have to scour the other forums to defend yourselves (and sometimes troll, as tohan and some others have kindly done) then perhaps you need to relax a little.

To those who realize that the load of racist bullshit on this forum is a pack of crap, I salute you for having the rationality for not hating all people based on a damn game.

To the racist mother********ers who actually believe what they say here, I hope you're proud for running your little punk mouths off on an online soccer forum hidden under a veil of anonymity. You are worth less than shit on the ground.

6. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's not talking about this match, he's referring to general Chinese/Korean animosity.

Nah, Chinese have some strange hate campaign going on agaisn't Koreans right now, we saw it in the 2008 Beijing Olympics where they would even go as far as to cheer for Japan over Korea. (Hilarious). We saw it during the Beijing Closing ceremony where the officials laughingly excluded Seoul 88' from the collage of past Olympics
    (is this true? I saw that pic and not sure if it was photoshopped)

We take every loss seriously, probably because you guys lose so much you've forgotten what it feels like to win. And losing to the China NT is a ********ing embarassment because as you say your NT is shit, I'm not sure what was more humiliating ... Tying Maldives or Losing to China ... close call.

7. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Hey you racist ********, I wasn't really trying to talk to you but since you're trying to insult us (again) with your shitty ass rebuttal...

1. Did you read my goddamn post? I said I don't think there's much animosity (at least on OUR side, based on the posts I see in this thread) towards Koreans that's unprovoked. Better yet, why not look at our forums before and after a troll (supposedly Korean, you ell me) shows up? Be my guest.

2. I don't know of either event you refer to, but I don't really care. Do those really mean Chinese people hate Koreans? Really? Have you been to China? Didn't think so. Over-reacting once again.

3. It was only a friendly between B sides, take a ********ing chill pill.

8. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    You could've fooled me .. even Stevie Wonder can see the anti-korean trolling on the internet.

As to the broader scheme of things, there's definitely plenty of animosity (even if it isn't outright hostility) from chinese due to both the success of the korean wave (aka the 'unwelcome' or 'cold' wave in china) and the historical revisionism currently being attempted by chinese. There's no centrally party managed movement agreed, but if you do your research there's a definite trend towards both attempting to claim korean culture and korean history.

For example, one ethnic chinese academic in singapore put out a paper claiming the success of the korean wave was due to it's chineseness which is patently incorrect given the success it's having with non-chinese and non-asian communities. Another example is the attempts to re-write korean history and claim Koguryo as 'chinese', suffice to say that neither old chinese records nor any scholars outside of china agree with that view.

The overall pattern classifies as an 'anti-korean' movement in anyone's language. It's oddly amusing that chinese get so worked up more about koreans than about japanese who killed millions of their people .. I'd be more upset with the japanese myself.

This is definitely advice I'd liike many chinese to follow .. koreans shouldn't lower themselves to the same level by responding to baiting by chinese trolls because it becomes equally racist, but unfortunately not everybody can be a saint.

9. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    So you're condoning the racist garbage in this thread by defending them? Ouch.

Based on your writing I suppose you've never been to China. Since you can't possibly forgive yourself for ever going there, you're gonna have to trust me... Don't flatter yourself. I know you think Korea is the greatest and all that jazz (and hey, I love your footy, I won't lie)... but this presumptive "anti-Korea" movement you talk about is a joke. If you want proof, just go to China....... oh wait....... :rolleyes:

I'm done with this thread since I'm supposedly a troll now for speaking out against blatant racism. Though I certainly hope a little more common sense and humanity gets introduced into this board.

10. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Looking good guys ;) *thumbs up*

11. fragments

fragments New Member

Jun 21, 2008
    NV
    While I agree that some of the posters here are going apeshit (thank you recent BS Korea members) over a pretty meaningless game, the anti Korean wave is obscenely high. Isolating the issue to just BigSoccer isn't the point. Check any other bulletin board/forum/blog. Whether the majority of China has animosity towards Korea or not, it doesn't change the fact that "scholars" have attempted to rewrite history time and time again. Re-carving stone statues and destroying Korean artifacts are pretty pathetic.

Korea's not out to rewrite history or to provoke anti Korean sentiments from China, nor Japan. On the flip side, a good number of Chinese and Japanese live day to day life like a hick with a Confederate flag tattooed on his arm. How's that for a reality check?

12. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Oh believe me, I'm living in Canada. I think these blatant "scholarly" rewritings of history (which.. if you look at it in different perspectives, occur EVERYWHERE in the world... China, Japan, Korea, Canada, USA... everywhere) are disgraceful... but who can ever learn the truth other than those who have been there and seen the big picture? I agree with you that the destruction of artifacts (I don't get to follow this kind of news too often here, so I'll take your word for it) is disgraceful. I love studying E. Asian history and it pains me to see this political and theological spin on our histories. But its just how it is unfortunately..

While I don't agree with you on the anti-Korean thing ... check Chinese BBS or even news site comments (if you can understand them of course) Its not a common thing... even though there are always idiots who post garbage... these kinds of people are everywhere unfortunately :rolleyes:

What spurred me to "comment" on this thread is mostly the racism I saw. Nothing else. I've posted on the Chinese forums against this, and also against the brawl in question between Beijing and Pohang (which CLEARLY both sides are guilty of, rather than the respective media renditions in both countries that the other faction is the problem).. stuff like this just can't possibly be good for the game.

13. tohan redded

tohan redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2010
    LOL. I suppose Chinese have a habit of talking about things they don't care. And much more about things they really don't care. :cool:

something like 20000 comments on a single article within 2 hours.

But it is symptomatic of more prevalent problems.
    Chinese are violent but you are physically very weak so you don't really get respect even for violence.

I mean... if I walk down a dark alley and see several Chinese thugs... as long as I am certain that they don't carry knives or guns I will be laughing.

All your big talks and megalomaniac gestures end up being comical nothing.

But it is China. CHINA!!! It is like losing a boxing match to a quadriplegic retard. True the retard's dad was the referee and the defeated man was recovering from a flu but that is no excuse.

China is no ordinary country and don't flatter yourself.

14. tohan redded

tohan redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2010
    What "glory days"?
    Over the years I have told you to shut up if you don't know Korean history.

Mongols and Manchu are not Chinese and their domination of Korea has nothing to do with Chinese.

In fact Korea maintained at least nominal independence while Chinese were bleeding under their yoke as downtrodden slaves.

15. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    I suppose you really cared about that too eh? Going on Chinese sites checkin out comments you don't understand? When you got 1.2 billion people, and a national news website following a first win in 32 years, a couple of people will comment okay? Besides, we were talking about this "anti-Korea" movement, not the game.

Physically weak? What are you in grade school? I invite you to walk into a dark alley in China and laugh at them... LOL.

:rolleyes:

16. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Kinda compliments my "don't give a shit about Korea" argument doesn't it? Yea yea we tried and failed a couple of times because we weren't used to the cold climate in mountainous regions with a lack of proper logistics and supply lines against an opponent fighting on home soil... In the end, that piece of land wasn't worth much (so they though) compared to more fertile lands in the mainland.

17. tohan redded

tohan redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2010
    I said several "thugs"(by your standards, LOL), not 1.3 billion ants.

18. Kodak-redded

Kodak-redded Red Card

Jul 25, 2008
    Ae idiota, quero ver um jogador coreano chutar a bola no traseiro de um japa e mete-lo na rede com a bola junto. Moro? Korea 5:0 Japan.

19. tohan redded

tohan redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2010
    The most hilarious cop-out, that was. Yeah, on those fertile lands of the Middle Plain you were to serve your foreign masters as dutiful slaves.

20. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Somehow I knew this would all descend into a worthless wikipedia history lesson.

Thanks guys. :)

21. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ahhh pronto , maluko , korea n ganha copa da asia a 50 anos e tu quer debater oq tio ? japao melhor seleção da asia hj , SEM MAIS !

vai chorar pra china vai o bolacha

22. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Get back to your favella.

23. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm definitely no East Asian History major but thank god we didn't have to get those stupid Manchu haircuts like our Chinese friends did.

24. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Please stop trolling. You don't see Korean posters calling people names in the Japan boards.

25. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

keep down , korean under chinese rules