Plymouth Argyle

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Ottawa Green, May 28, 2010.

1. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude.. whats going on... we are in 3rd now... argh!!!

2. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Injuries, missing 5 players, Hartley was back yesterday but is not 100% fit, we were missing McCormick, Carey, Boateng, Simpson and Reid and Croll who was brought in on loan 2 weeks ago was recalled by Crystal Palace. Our bench yesterday had 5 players under 20 with hardly any league experience, so were not used. Of the injured only McCormick is expected back before the new year. Rumoured 2/3 new players coming in when the new transfer window opens in January.
    3 games left in december 2 away, if we had our full team i would'nt be happy if we did'nt get at least 7 points, the way the team is right now i will be very happy if they get 3 points.

3. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Still #1

Argyle 1 Yeovil 0 2 more of the injured were back Simpson ans Reuben Reid were on the bench and came on for the last 10 mins. Only 2 more players to come back Carey and Boateng.
    Next game tomorrow (monday) away to Newport.

JacksonJazz#9 repped this.
  4. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    And Argyle end 2015 as NUMBER ONE

Newport 1 ARGYLE 2 (Jervis and Brunt) Argyle were facing their old manager John Sheriden now manager of Newport. First half Argyle played poorly and went in at HT down 1-0, but a change with Simpson coming on in replace of Wylde changed things around and Argyle were even after 3 mins through Jervis, it was all Argyle now and could have easily scored a second and eventually they did through Brunt (2nd game in a row he`s had the winner) Once they had the lead they started to play a little more conservative and brought on defender Purrington for Tanner, McCormick made at least 2 good save to keep the lead and eventually Argyle won the say and stretched the lead at the top to 3 points.

1 Plymouth 24 16 49
    2 Northampton 23 11 46
    3 Oxford Utd 24 17 45
    4 Portsmouth 24 19 41
    5 Wycombe 23 10 40
    6 Bristol Rovers 24 9 40
    7 Carlisle 22 5 37

Next game is away at Carlisle on Jan 2 but the game is being played at Blackburn Rovers because Carlisle`s field is under water due to the floods in northern England, but there is a chance this game will be postponed as more rain is expected to hit northern england later in the week.

5. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argyle playing well... i tweeted Paul Mariner on yesterday, asked him how he likes Argyle's form as of late and asked him if they will ever get Home Park fully enclosed, his response was : "loving it, hope so"

kinda cool to chat with someone associated with PA!

6. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Thats cool thet you had a chat with PM

If you dont win you dont desrve to be top, so Argyle win again

Carlisle 0 Argyle 2 Brunt again with both goals. http://www.pafc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3833793
    Unfortunately the next 4 teams all won as well. In fact the top 12 teams are all playing well in fact all 12 have only lost 1 of their last 5 games. Transfer rumours are starting to heat up now that the transfer window has opened. The rumours that i heard earlier on said we may get a couple of older experienced players in, well the rumour that is going around at the moment is Alan Smith https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smith_(footballer,_born_1980) will be signing a 18 month contract. You cant get someone more experienced than him, played for Leeds, Newcastle and Man U. He is 35 now but would probably come as a player/coach.

Argyle's next game is not until Jan 12 when they play home to Northampton who are currently 2nd, the rest of the games in january will be tough home to Stevenage 19th, then away to Bristol Rovers 5th and home to Wycombe 6th

7. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oy... sounds like a tough stretch...

8. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Argyle dont make it easy
    Argyle 1 Northampton 2 but Argyle stay top on goal difference
    Argyle 3 Stevenage 2 This was the one game that Argyle had to win and win well, Argyle took the lead after 3 mins but immediately let Stevenage back in 1-1, Argyle took the lead after 17 mins and then increased it after 40. HT Argyle 3 Stevenage 1 and Argyle could have scored one or two more, but 2nd half they sat back and let Stevanage come at them and it was surprising when Stevenage scored to make it 3-2 after just 4 mins of 2nd half. It was all Stevenage for next 20-25 mins and Argyle were hanging on. Eventually Argyle started to come back into it and a couple of subs to freshen things up Argyle hung on to the win. Still top and on goal difference.
    Next game away to Bristol Rovers who are 5th, they are away tomorrow to 3rd place Oxford.
    Argyle brought in Jordon Forster from Hibernian on loan till end of season, they also renewed the loans of Tanner until end of season and Threlkeld until April 3. Boatang is back at Crystal Palace whether he comes back we wont know until end of month.

9. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good win for us over the weekend.... lets keep those winning ways going

10. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Well after a month in Florida i am back in the land of ice and snow:( Our flight back yesterday was delayed 9 hours so instead of missing the game i was able to listen to the latest victory. Argyle are in 2nd place 10 points behind Northampton who went on a amazing run of 12 victories in a row. 3 points ahead of 3rd place Oxford and 8 points ahead of 4th place Accrington, the next 7 places are only seperated by 3 points.
    In the past, 84 points has been good enough for automatic promotion, with Argyle on 64 points they need 7 wins out of the last 13 games of the season
    Argyle have 6 games in March, 3 home and 3 away, 4 of the games are against teams in the bottom half of the league, but the other 2 are against Oxford (3rd) and Accrington (4th)

11. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont think we can catch northampton.... but i am feeling pretty confident about promotion... hope i just didnt jinx us..

a whole month in FL??? jesus, are you retired or something??!?!?!

12. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh.... are you kidding me??!?! we give up a late PK.... get a red... then give up the game winner 3 1/2 min into stoppage time??? jesus christ!!!

13. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    curse curse curse curse

14. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    and yes i am retired, wish i was still there

15. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    curse curse curse curse

16. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude... were going to ******** this up!!!

17. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Finally a bit of good news, Hiram Boateng has returned to Argyle on loan until end of season. Boateng was signed at the beginning of the season on loan until January, he played 19 games for Argyle but was then injured he went back to Crystal Palace to recover, it was hoped that once he recovered he would come back to Argyle, but he did'nt because he made it into Palace's first team squad, he was on the bench for a number of games and came on as a sub a few times. Palace had a number of players injured and as long as they continued he was not going to come back, now these players have recovered and finally Palace have allowed him to come back to Argyle. Boateng is a very good player and will be a star player for Palace in the future.
    Argyle now have 7 loanees and only 5 can play in a game, i expectArgyle may return a player, but Threlkeld who has played well his loan ends April 2nd, if Argyle do get promoted i would'nt be surprised if he is signed by Argyle next season, Matt who signed on loan last week is only on a 28 day loan, the one loan i can see going back is Nardiello, he has been a very good scorer in the past in Div 2 but he has hardly played since he came to Argyle, i dont think he has the managers confidence.

9 games to go in the season, 2 this weekend, friday away to Morecombe and monday home to York

18. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Finally a win Morecombe 0 Argyle 2 scoring for Argyle loanees Houghton and Matt, next game home to 22nd place York. Unfortunately today 6 of the top 7 won so Argyle still in 4th place, but Argyle were the only team of the top 7 that was away, so on monday they will all be away and Argyle will be home.

19. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 points.... and another hopefully 3 points on tuesday

20. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Monday actually

21. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    PHEW that was close

Argyle 3 York 2 Argyle took a 3-0 lead at HT with goals from Matt, Reid (pen) and a Own goal, could have been 4 0r 5 up at HT, then Argyle did what they usually do sit back and let the opposition come at them, first a long range shot made it 3-1 and then Argyle gave away a penalty now 3-2 and it was all York city, somehow Argyle managed to hang on to win. With most other results going their way, Argyle moved up to 3rd, 2 points behind Oxfors with a game in hand.
    Next game is away to arch rivals Exeter City next saturday.

22. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 wins in a row... if we could take 3 from exeter.. or at least 1... plus we have a game in hand over Oxford... would be nice to be in 2nd...

23. GreenClarkey79

GreenClarkey79 New Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Hello to this thread.
    Well automatic promotion looks out of the window now. This current team just can't win the big tests this season. Playoffs against Wycombe again? At least there is a cracking little pub in High Wycombe called the Hobgoblin...brilliant jukebox.

24. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GreenClarkey!!! welcome my friend... Argyle is a club that just rips your heart out sometimes... to have exeter in the bag and then to lose it, let alone not get a point.. ugh...

so are you in Plymouth? ive been there once myself...