Plymouth Argyle - Forever Green

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by JacksonJazz#9, Feb 25, 2006.

1. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey Phil and the rest.. they shut the original Argyle thread down.. said it was too big (thank for nothing mod's) so anyway... check this one out and lets keep this one going, hopefully more posters and less lurkers in this one....

Cheers...

Ken

2. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Hey, think of it as a compliment you had so many posts they are moving you on to a new thread. What would it take for you to get your own team page? Like the QPR one you used to hang out???

3. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Sorry, but it's the rule around here to close threads when they reach 500 posts. It's supposed to lighten the load on the oh so delicate servers.

4. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Well done Ken..If you support a quality team then of course you are going to have a long thread..Obviously a moderator that supports Everton would not realise that;)

If I can I will put up some better pictires on Tuesday..The 1st team do not usually train on Mondays but after loosing against Derby they maybe up at Harpers Park.

5. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah doo... i think there is not enough following for me to get a Argyle page... so this thread will have to do ... but yeah, i did like going on there and slagging QPR (when argyle was winning) now that we are getting near them, i might have to wait til we pass them in the table... HA... but to their credit, they never came on to my thread to slag me.... anyway.. all in good fun...

7. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    I think you will find that it was Mcarthurs Park..Have you had one to many Buds?..

Harpers Park is the name of the training ground.It is along side the stadium.I will show you when you come over.

8. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at least you picked up on the song!!!! yeah looking forward to the trip... got an appt with a dr in 2 wks regarding my knee.. the trip with have a BIG say in what and when i get done....

other than that.... go Green...

9. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's the training ground? Behind what used to be the side terrace?

I remember a multi-player Plymouth v Reading match before an end season game in 93 being played on there.

There was no re-match the following year when it chucked down with rain and Argyle won 3-1 (and a very fat Argyle fan lead a solo charge at the Reading fans across the pitch, getting two thirds of the way before realising he was on his own).

10. pilgrimmarc

pilgrimmarc New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Plymouth

11. pilgrimmarc

pilgrimmarc New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Plymouth
    My top2 for automatic promotion from CCC are Reading and Watford. Sheff Utd via play offs. Relegation for Crewe, Brighton and Millwall. Argyle to finish 17th. Anyone else have any predictions. I use to live near Reading and pleased they are being promoted, but Iv'e always been a green!

12. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Great predictions..All correct with the exception of Argyle..I will put my neck out and say 13th...

13. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth

You are correct RichardL...

Keep your season going. Let us all know what it is like next season in the Promised Land

14. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i say Argyle 12th... or tied for 12th spot... top half of the table... stretch goal, top 10....

Reading to the prem.... Bobby Convey & Marcus Haumamman leading the charge.

15. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Playing at home tommorrow and again on Tuesday..6 points in the bag and within sight of the Playoffs...........:rolleyes:

16. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 points would be fantastic!!!! cannot get ahead of ourselves.... lets take 3 from Brighton, and worry about the next 3 on tuesday....

brighton is 2nd from the bottom, but look what crewe did to Sheffield United!!! as they say over here... "on any given day...."

Come on Argyle!!!

17. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 down... 3 to go!!!!! good win for us... moved us into 13, AHEAD of QPR!!!

big game on tues, right phil? PNE? Oy!!!! would be nice to take 3 points from them... but in either case.... almost the top half of the table!!! a far cry from the bobby williamson era!!!

Tony Pulis for President!!!!
    Paul Wotton - Secretary of Defense!!!

18. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Thats the first 3 points sorted..Roll on Tuesday night.

19. pilgrimmarc

pilgrimmarc New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Plymouth
    Now we are in mid table obscurity no chance of playoffs or relegation what have we left to play for. Which players are desperate to play well for a new contract? I think Pulis will use Zebroski soon and hopefully give Djordic a chance. This is why I think we will not be as high as 13th come May. A new loan defender may not even arrive now.

Between now and end of season I would just like to see an improvement in the playing style. I want to see Argyle use their wide players and take on defenders instead of crossing from so deep and making it easy for defenders to clear.

20. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    Thats the 1st three points sorted..Tougher game on Tuesday against P.N.E though.

21. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    I think that he will use Zebroski and Laird this season. Agree with the better style of football would be nice..That will happen when we are safe.Pretty football is good but not if you are in the relagation zone.

22. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
  23. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. philstagg

philstagg New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Plymouth
    That's Reuban Reid..Just got his 1st pro contract.(one year).Been playing for the Youth Team and reserves..Thinks he's big-time because he started off at Man Utd:D

25. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that just looks like "jackass" to me... who was that other argyle guy that used to wear his collar up... i always thought that looked stupid....

reid is showboating in his first team picture... jesus... i cant beleive they took the pic like that.... too bad... ruined.. makes it looks like he doenst even know its up..

trigger looks awfully happy in the pic though