Please post when (if) you ever get your refund

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by SoccerMomof2, Jul 24, 2010.

1. akram88

akram88 New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Here is my story:
    I purchased 2 France TST7 tickets but couldn't go to SA. the total amount that I paid was $3762.
    I listed the tickets for resale right before the world cup and few days later the website said they were sold.
    couple weeks ago I get $3100 from Fifa as a refund for the tickets deposited to the card I used for the purchase. Around the same time I got an email saying

As advised the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre is currently processing refunds for those customers whose Tickets were successfully resold via the Ticket Transfer Platform. We confirm 12 tickets were successfully resold, and therefore for request ID xxxxxxx a refund of USD3100 is due. The applicable administration fee as detailed within the Ticket Transfer Policy has been applied and deducted from the refund figure.

I tried to contact Fifa thru email numerous times on why it states that 12 tickets were sold eventhou I have TST7 tickets and why I was never informed that the refund is going to be $3100. I also attached a screenshot of my account saying tickets sold and the amount showing is $3762.
    finally after calling fifa's offices I get an email saying

Thank you for providing the image taken from your FIFA.com account.

The amount detailed within the attachment is the amount paid for the application and does not reflect the refund amount. We confirm the amount processed for refund i.e. 3,100.00 USD is the correct amount.

We trust this clarifies the situation. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

of course after this they stoped replying to my emails when I asked them where did they come up with this number for the refund.

Did any of you guys have a similar experience where you got refunded part of the total amount paid for the tickets?

After my experience with Fifa I will never buy tickets from them again or deal with such an unprofessional company in my life.

2. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    First of all, they haven't returned the TST fee to anyone.
    Therefore, since you paid 3762 (3420 + 342), you should get 3420-20, which is 3400 USD.
    DON'T send them emails. They only reply to phone calls.
    I got 940 USD and only after I called I got the extra 4000.
    All my emails went unanswered.

Just call them and tell them that there's no such thing as a partial sale of a TST.
    It's either sold or unsold. It worked for me !

3. BUDOKAN

BUDOKAN Member

May 31, 2006
    Tokyo
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I called on Monday & got my second part of my refund today.

$650 dlls Cool!!!!:cool:

After 3 months & 14 e-mails!!!!!!

5. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I had a spare TST-7 (using a different username) that I returned to FIFA for resale. My account stated that the TST had been sold but on picking up my tickets in SA I received two tickets to the Final instead of the expected one for myself. I sold the extra ticket on the black market for cost price in SA. Later on (in September), I received a refund for 6 tickets of the spare TST minus admin fees (ie no refund for the Final). I complained stating that I was expecting a full refund of the TST-7 minus TST and resale fees and enclosed a screenshot of my ticket account from the ticket portal. FIFA subsequently refunded the full TST-7. Upshot of which - I got to watch the World Cup Final for free! OK, there were admin charges but a very good result for me and all due to the incompetence of FIFA - cheers!

6. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lucky you.
    When I called them, they knew exactly what was printed and also what was used. Had they looked at it, you wouldn't have gotten it.
    Good to know that at least someone got money out of their pocket, after they got a lot from ours ...

7. ajp1982

ajp1982 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I'm still in dispute with these absolute jokers. I am now having to treat the transaction as fraudulent and have started chargeback proceedings.

I will never give FIFA a penny again.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Just when I thought I'd seen every potential permutation of incompetence from FIFA they've come up with another one. I actually got a refund today that duplicates an earlier refund. What an ethical dilemma. Do I tell them they over refunded to me or wait and see if they figure it out? Maybe after a while I should give it to some of the poor SOBs that FIFA has stiffed.

9. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    Thats not even a dilemma. Just keep it or donate it to Unicef or something.