Please post when (if) you ever get your refund

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by SoccerMomof2, Jul 24, 2010.

1. BUDOKAN

BUDOKAN Member

May 31, 2006
    Tokyo
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I submitted 2 same resell requests in different ID.
    Only later one is refunded but earlier one is not.:confused:

2. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Same here...received only one of 2 refunds, but still waiting on the one bought in the first phase

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    After calling earlier this week I got my second and part of my third refund. Got all of the second refund. But only got $20 of the $780 I was supposed to get on the third refund. C'mon FIFA, this is pathetic. I'm going to call them again. For those of you sending e-mails I think you'd be better off calling them. I have no faith that there's anyone on the other end of the e-mails you're sending, but if you call you will get a human being who has a computer screen in front of them.

4. abcde123

abcde123 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Which phone # are you using? Is it an international free call line or would you have to pay long distance fee to talk to these people? Thanks!

5. PelePele1010

PelePele1010 New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    "But only got $20 of the $780 I was supposed to get on the third refund."

That happened to me too. I have an on going situation with FIFA Accommodations. They want me to pay money for a room I didn't stay in and was rented out by someone so they didn't loose anything. Do you think they are working in collusion and just transferred them my money?

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I've been calling +41 44 583 2010 from the US. I'll probably end up spending my refund on long-distance international calling charges!

7. spludgey

spludgey New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I called them up again yesterday (Switzerland, then got transferred to South Africa).
    At first they said that they were going to refund me my ticket price minus 10%. I then pointed out that it was $20 or 10%, whichever is less, I told them that $20 is in fact less than $160.
    I also told them that I hadn't received any response to the request to have an interest rate of 19.95% added on.
    The operator told me to pass on the email so that she could send it to finance.

I asked for her full name as well and got her to promise me to take care of it in one day.

Not happy.

8. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I sent and email but didn't get an answer for more than a week.
    I called last Thursday, and I was told to send any proofs that I had (screenshots etc.).
    I claimed that since their system showed that tickets were sold and it showed I should get a full refund minus 20 USD, then I should get it.
    I'm still waiting for an answer, though they did say it's an holiday and it would take some time.

9. slimyface

slimyface New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I've sent 5 emails to enquiries@2010fwctc.com without a single response. I called yesterday and FIFA said their records indicated I was paid on 8/13. I was not. My bank validated that fact. So now they are checking with their "Finance Department", which apparently can't be done in real-time, and will "get back to me".

Buncha criminals. Their terms of service said 4 weeks from the date of the final. It is now August 31.

10. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Got my money back
    Please call or fax them if you are think you are refund wrongly
    here a reply from the rep

Dear Sam Ng,

Please accept my apologies for the confusion surrounding your recent ticket resale refund.

I can confirm that there appears to have been an error made in the way in which your particular refund was administered – which resulted in your payment card being credited with an incorrect amount.

Please therefore be advised that your payment card account will be credited with an additional refund as detailed below:

Amount paid = USD 1,056 (including non-refundable TST fee of USD 96)

Resale refund = USD 960 minus resale fee (10% or USD 20 max) = USD 940

Amount already refunded = USD 620

Therefore additional refund payment = (940 minus 620) = USD 320

I would like to offer my apologies once more, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Regards

Gary Scott

Sales & Customer Service Manager

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre

Tel: +44 (0) 161 492 1971 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0) 161 492 1971 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Mobile: +44 (0) 7748 115 405 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0) 7748 115 405 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

E-mail: gary.scott@match-ticketing.com website: www.FIFA.com

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre is operated by MATCH Event Services (Pty) Ltd

Company No. 2006/ 003884/ 07 Directors: D. Wiles (American), J. Byrom (Mexican)

11. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What was the mistake?
    Did they tell you that not all of your tickets were sold, even though your capture showed 'Ticket Sold'?
    How many ticket (out of how many) did they say they sold originally?

12. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Luckily i printed the captured screen before they took it off
    yes they told me that
    at first they mentioned they sold only 4 out of 6 tickets TST3 england

One thing i learned from this is not do this again, might as well sell the tickets myself, who knows i might make a small profit

13. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks.
    Friends and I have a few separate TST7 applications that we purchased and returned.
    All were partly refunded.
    Luckily, we have captures ...
    One thing though. One of my friend's TST was printed by mistake, when we tried to sell them, he couldn't get much value for them. He made some money, but not too much. It's very hard selling for profit at the last minute.

And lastly, did you try to get the full 1056, since the website showed you should get 1036, or was it a lost cause?

14. abcde123

abcde123 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    sam, I am from EST (Toronto) as well.
    Did u call the switzerland phone #, and what time did you call them at?
    Because I dont want to wake up at 4am just to give them a call :lol:
    It's been 2 weeks and I still dont have my money

15. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ok..i dont know if i should take it easy with my refund since im only waiting for $67 unlike a lot of ppl here waiting for refunds in the thousands of $$
    I am lazy to call FIFA as they havent responded to my email abt my refund and the fact that I got my first refund of $144 already. But if I leave it late, I wonder if my chances of getting the refund will reduce....

16. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    call them 9am your time

17. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Called again yesterday about my final refund (third call). I was told it was put in motion on August 27th. Still doesn't show up on my credit card on September 1st.

18. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Halleluya. The third and final refund showed up on my charge statement today (September 2nd). Only 7 and 1/2 weeks after the Final. See you all in Brazil.

19. germanfevor

germanfevor New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I had 4 tickets to the WC but couldnt make it. 2 cat1 r16 2cat1 qf and I distinctly remember checking the ticket resold page and it said on both 'Ticket Sold'

Fast forward to today. I have only received a refund for the 2 r16 games but not the $600 owed for the qf. I called FIFA ticketing asking what is going on and they tell my I never sold the qf tickets.

Unless I am a ********ing blind idiot, I am dead certain that page said I sold those tickets. They ended up referring me to some email saying a manager will look over your claim. Ya, ok.

I did not take a screen shot of that page assuming FIFA will conduct these refunds properly so all I have is my word saying I sold the tickets. Big mistake.

I will send an email protesting to get my money back, but I have my doubts that I will see that money again.

Ultimately I guess that I am in actuality an idiot for believing FIFA would not try to ******** me over. If anyone has any other idea what I can do I would appreciate it.

20. abcde123

abcde123 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I can't even call these people at fifa :mad:
    Tried calling them a few times and there's always these weird dial tone but noone answers, and sometimes even says:
    "The # you have requested is not in service"

Tried for over an hour, never can get through. I give up :(

21. germanfevor

germanfevor New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Does anyone know any possible way that I can access the ticket page where it says ticket sold or ticket to be resold?

22. oprig

oprig New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    New York, NY
    I just phoned FIFA to enquire about my refund.

They told me that the expiry date on the card had passed and that is why the refund never happened. Of course, I never received an email to let me know that! :mad:

One good thing though. They let me put the refund on a VISA card which suits me just fine (I rarely use my Mastercard). :)

They said 5 business days for the refund to arrive on VISA. Let's see if that's true and whether the amount is correct.

23. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    I went as far as i could with this. i don't have infinite time or resources to pursue this. i made the same mistake as you not screen capturing. i lost all hope of getting my money back. now i know fifa is a joke and lost all respect.

24. PelePele1010

PelePele1010 New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok just got off the phone with these jerks again. I was waiting for a refund that never showed and she told me that the automated refund doesn't work sometimes so they will give me a manual one and took my cc number (I hesitated to give it to her but she said they needed it and gave me the last for digits they had on file). She said to wait a week.

I also learned that the random $20 refund I got was because the system charged people twice for the refund processing fee so they credited back to you if that happened.

25. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you know if FIFA is refunding based on the dates you sold your tickets? I sold two matches, one match has two tickets. The first match (a R16 game), I sold before the World Cup started, and the second match (a QF game), I sold few days before the QF started. I got my refund on the first match but have not receive refund on the second match.

I figure maybe FIFA is doing its refund on the dates the tickets sold? Has anyone receive a refund on a ticket sales date around end of June?