Please, Please, Please

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by DangerMouse37, Nov 5, 2004.

1. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    To my Barra brothers, friends in the SE and Norte, and everyone out there that likes to hear us drummers bring it loud, I'm sorry.

I have tried everything in my power, used every ounce of persuasion I possess, but I now must be at a meeting in Kenya on monday and there is simply no flight pattern ON EARTH that gets me from here to there on Sunday. Not one. I cannot get out of it, no matter how hard I try. So alas my drum, on Saturday, will be silent. I regret this almost as deeply as Tuesday's returns.

I look back on an amazing season for all of us. Rocking the Metros, over and over. Weathering the Dallas debacle. Insane viewing parties at Visions and Kilroys. Dealing with injuries on the field, litigation, lunacy and loss in the Barra family. Its been a season to be proud of, from good acquisitions by management, to great coaching, to beautiful futbol, and real commitment from us fans. My hat is off to everyone connected with DCU, especially the supporters groups. What they say is true -- this is the best soccer town in the US by far.

Now I have one simple request, but I hope you will take it seriously. I don't ask for much, and over the course of the year I've done my best to contribute, including now two broken drum heads and two cracked cymbals as a token of my commitment, amongst other things.

So to all of you who love this team like I do, please, please, PLEASE -- I'm begging. Bring it loud. Support Tommy and the other drummers. Scream until your lungs are going to fall out.

WIN the fvcking game.

Make this so, and I'll gladly buy a beer for any of you locos who meet me to cheer DCU on to victory in LA on the 14th. I've already got the flight plan -- just under 30 hours in transit, but I can make it in time. If we make the finals, when we're in the finals, my drum will be there.

That's it. Thanks, and see you in LA you crazy muthas. VAMOS UNITED!

- Andy

2. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy,

Hey man, a total bummer that you won't be there, and I for one say thanks for all you have done to help us bring it loud and proud all season. I know we'll be shoutin from the top of our lungs so that you can hear us all the way in Kenya! Have a safe journey, we'll see ya when you return, hopefully to LA for the final!

VAMOS UNITED!

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sucks. I'm sorry, Andy. But I will do my best to leave my lungs on the stands and Twellman/Noonan/Ralston in a hearing clinic.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn Andy we'll miss you bro, but you know what's kind of funny? This past week I've received Emails from other Barra members in Florida, Texas and California that pretty much say what you just did. Even young Andy from Middlesbrough, England is into it.

Rest assured that a cup will be raised in your honor at the tailgate and that all hell will break loose in section 135 at 7:00 pm tomorrow night.

Have a safe trip my brother.

Chico

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Have a safe trip Andy, poor Tommy will have to beat drum twice as hard :D

7:05!!! ;)

6. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    We'll break the other skin if need be. While you're there, see if you can scout someone for United. :D

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry to hear you wont be there Andy :(

If United does its part though, you'll be able to see them play in LA, lucky bastaige! :)

8. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I'll be there - loud and loaded.

9. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    You guys are the best.

Get to the tailgate, and bounce like 1999 -- or more.

DCU in the FINALS. That's all I ask. No go to it!

Volveremos!

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Tonight we're going to party like it's 1999.

11. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Way to go, you locos. Thanks for answerin the call. LA here we come. Louin LA comin' up. Wahoo!!!!!

12. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    You probably saw from TV and various accounts here, but even those don't do it justice. You missed one HELL of a game last night. :D

13. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait 'till the fotos are posted. You really were there Andy!

GM

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Andy, are you going to go to LA?

I bought out tickets this morning. Arrive in Long Beach Saturday afternoon, fly back home on Monday.

15. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Mike,

Oh course.

Near as I can tell, Nairobi-London-Dulles-LA is about 32 hours door to door. Should be no problem. Its the 11 time zone change I'm more worried about.

Either way -- looking and feeling my best I'm sure -- plans call for me to arrive in LA on Saturday.

Wahoo!! Thanks again for bringing home a winner!

Andy

16. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You only get jet lag flying east, I heard.

anyway, thats the only way I got it when I visited japan