Please help us Save The Crew

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by crewfan_in_columbus, Nov 10, 2017.

1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moderators, if you feel this is in poor taste, please don’t hesitate to delete. Thank you in advance.

Hello Toronto fans. Quick honest question.... are y'all Torontians? Toronto-ites? Please don’t think I’m coming to troll, I’m simply coming to ask for your help. Many of you have publicly expressed your support of for the situation that we Crew fans are finding ourselves in. For that we thank you. There's no secret that our fanbases haven't gotten along in the past. And honestly, with the finals looming, no reason for that to change. I'm looking forward to the 21st with all of you guys showing up. I'm hoping for a very competitive series. There's no question that y'all should beat us given Giovinco, Bradley, Altidore, et al. Morrow might be the best left back in the game and Bono is no slouch in goal. But if we can look past that for just a few seconds, I'd personally appreciate it. I remember a time when TFC didn't exist in the league, and honestly, it sucked. I'm not big on the Trillium cup, but I am big on having regional rivals. And we couldn't ask for a better conference championship opponent right now.

I ask that you give us just 60 more seconds of support to go to https://savethecrew.com/letter and sign the letter. You can select your club at the bottom and I believe that the more fans from around the league that sign this, the louder the collective voice will be.

Selfishly, I say “thank you” for helping support us in this time of need. But also, I remind you to think about the other teams that this could happen to. Some day in the future, this could happen to your team as well. Please don’t let the league start a bad precedent.

Thank you,

Ian Fontaine

RetreadFC and EvilTree repped this.
  2. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    To answer your question, in Toronto: Torontonians, in the rest of Canada: "Filthy Upper Canadian Scum"

And yes, we understand that this thread is in the spirit of sportsmanship.

3. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Are the TFC travelling support for the 21st reaching out to do some sort of pre-match display of support? TIFO to #savethecrew

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States