Please help us Save The Crew

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by crewfan_in_columbus, Nov 10, 2017.

1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moderators, if you feel this is in poor taste, please don’t hesitate to delete. Thank you in advance.

Hello DC fans. You know, I can't help but think of the line from Star Wars, "You Rebel Scum!", but that sorta gets me off track from my message so please forgive me. Please don’t think I’m coming to troll, I’m simply coming to ask for your help. Many of you have publicly expressed your support of for the situation that we Crew fans are finding ourselves in. For that we thank you. Our teams have had many great battles over the years. You guys flat out abused us for what seemed like an eternity in the conference finals back in the day. For all the hate, there is love too. And I would hate to see a day when there is no DC United in this league. I hope you guys feel the same about The Crew.

I ask that you give us just 60 more seconds of support to go to https://savethecrew.com/letter and sign the letter. You can select your club at the bottom and I believe that the more fans from around the league that sign this, the louder the collective voice will be.

Selfishly, I say “thank you” for helping support us in this time of need. But also, I remind you to think about the other teams that this could happen to. Some day in the future, this could happen to your team as well. Please don’t let the league start a bad precedent.

Thank you,

Ian Fontaine

ImNumberTen, Boloni86, TownKrier and 2 others repped this.
  2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. I don't know how much good it can do, since Precourt appears to have had this in his plans since Day 1, and Garber seems to have been fully on-board the whole time. God I hate Garber. But anyway, good luck.

For what it's worth, I (and most local fans I've talked to about this) have been pulling for you guys in the playoffs. Whatever happens to the Crew in the end, winning the Cup this year would be a massive "fsck you" to the League office, a "fsck you" they royally deserve, and have for a while.

And of course, who can say no to an organization that has a chicken & waffles place as one of their allies?

3. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Done as well. Good luck & what Bootsy said.

ohiotiger repped this.
  4. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    No way! Consider it long overdue payback for the BS your sorry city put Raul Diaz Arce and Mario Gori through 2 decades ago.

Just kidding, done.

5. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Did it.

ohiotiger repped this.
  6. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto

ohiotiger repped this.
  7. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done.

ohiotiger repped this.
  8. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and dusted.

dadman repped this.
  9. mosca

mosca Member

Sep 13, 1999
    Honolulu
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all laugh at a yellow football team,
    (but I signed the petition)

dadman and crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  10. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you everyone for all your support. It's an uphill battle for sure, but we are going to do everything we can!!!

11. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
  12. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signed. Good luck guys

13. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Done. Here's hoping Precourt falls face-first into a sinkhole.

Boloni86 and Winoman repped this.
  14. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    FYP

dadman, Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  15. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #16 song219, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Signed.
    The letter seems too nice but it serves its purpose.
    Any time an issue comes up concerning MLS management & ownership as a whole it seems like F-bombs should be thrown.

16. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #SaveThe********ingCrew

Winoman and song219 repped this.
  17. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you everyone for your support.

18. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any saving to be done today is all on y'all :)

I'm for Crew because it would be a giant middle finger to its owner and The Don (and just kind of funny, plus I hate Altidore) - but I'm for Toronto because it's the only faint chance I have at seeing snow mess up the Cup game ;)

19. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, dammit, when you had home advantage + no Giovinco or Altidore on the pitch, you should have gotten all three points. Blah.

20. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't really disagree with either of these statements. Although long range forecast for 12/9 here is a significant drop in temperature. But more than likely no snow.
    That first game was a snoozefest. Berhalter has a certain style to play, and kudos to those teams that have it figured out. TFC definitely had it figured out last week. Here's hoping we can figure it out tonight.

21. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Done. Keep us informed of any future petitions and addresses where letters/messages can be spent.

I wish there was a way to get our owners on record as to where they stand on this. But it's hard enough to get a statement out of them about DC United, let alone other teams. My guess is they don't care either way. Which is why the Crew's exit will coincide with me walking away from this league. If I wanted an NFLized sports league, I'd be following the NFL. European leagues are as accessible as ever. I get every Bundesliga match, like 75% of La Liga matches and almost 50% of Serie A.

Winoman repped this.
  22. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    If you read all of the stuff on Massive Report what MLS is doing with Columbus is entirely shady and damages my appreciation for DCU/MLS. It reminds me of the time Garber was threatening DC with the re-location of our team as well. The reader's digest is on Bill Archer's blog here.

Cavan9 repped this.
  23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Did Garber on behalf of the owners or did the ownership group?

24. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of websites to peruse:
    http://www.crewnotdoneyet.com/ This is a great timeline of all the items/activities involved in the potential relocation. Fascinating stuff.
    www.savethecrew.com Obviously y'all know this site already. There is a google docs list that has a list of all people MLS related with email addresses. Even form letters. Use them liberally.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJHhTQol1RbNkvjQWpk2kruY8kwVRbGN/view?usp=sharing This is great work by Tim Myers (@timmyers15) on Twitter.....

Hopefully this interest you.

Thank you all for your support.