Please God give us a Finisher

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Allamerican74, Sep 11, 2004.

1. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Alecko Eskandarian is Jason Kreis in a United uniform. Gritty and determined with a powerful shot.

2. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yup. 1 cap

3. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Don't panic yet, help is in the way, Aleco, Dempsey, Gaven, Johnson, Buddle, Ching, all they are under 20s, and pronto they will be the saviors of the MNT

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't know if Taylor is the answer, but I do know that every forward we have is quite capable of going 7 international games without tallying a goal. Maybe Taylor simply had the misfortune of having his 7 goalless games start off (and perhaps finish) his international career?

5. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clint Mathis has gone about 900 minutes without a goal or an assist.

Conor Casey has gone his first 391 minutes without a goal (or a shot on goal I believe).

Twellman has gone 282 minutes without a goal (a post and two finger-tip saves).

US Soccer gave him an assist for the Mexico goal (Hockey assist I guess), so Taylor's only gone a minute since his last assist.

It seems to me that if international play is what wins you more time, Twellman earned more time with his performance against Mexico.

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    While it counts, it was the infamous infamous "DC/SJ" NT game where Bruce used players from those two teams due to the fact that the other 8 MLS teams were in action.

C.J. Brown and Ryan Suarez were added to the roster after receiving red cards the preceding week. MLS changed it's red card suspension rules this season to prevent that sort of nonsense.

7. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sincerely, SJEarthquakes fan. ;)

8. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    ching could be the finisher that the usa needs but, buddle is a better forward. edson buddle is big can set up goals and can score goals. other forwards that should be called up to the national team are pat noonan,eddie gaven,eddie johnson.

9. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Huh?

Edson Buddle is 23, Brian Ching is 26, Alecko Eskandarian is 22, Ed Johnson is 20, Clint Dempsey is 21.

10. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce Arena agrees with you regarding Donovan. In the latest ediction of Soccer America, Bruce says, "Landon is our best goalscorer regardless of how many he's scored this year. We need him being more consistent in that regard if he's going to play as a forward or even in the midfield."

I think the main problem with Donovan is he doesn't shoot enough. Not for the Nats and not for the Quakes.

11. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004

Perhaps He has answered my prayer with a guy named Eddie Johnson. Let's hope so.

12. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe (hopefully), but it has only been two games for the kid so far and against weaker opponents. He's done great so far, but let's hold off on our evaluation of that question until after he and other young strikers have gotten more time with the Nats in more qualifiers and measuring-stick friendlies.

Just my grain of salt, that's all.