Playoffs on TV

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by monster, Sep 23, 2002.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It's delayed at 7:30PM EST

2. jon_doe

jon_doe BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 19, 2002
    it'll be on...

i bet it's going to be on. come 4 oclock, i'm just gonna go up and SPPV 1 through 5. i'm willing to bet i will find it in there somewhere.

same thing happened a couple weeks ago with a game from the galaxy/rapids series. don't remember if it was game 1 or 2. but i remember it wasn't listed and i found it on one of hte channels. only thing to do is wait.

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I doubt that'll be the case. All those channels list college football games starting at 1:00 or 1:30 pacific.

4. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    I am so glad that i didnt get to watch this game, i mean, it was a great game, but i am sure it would not have made anyone a fan, nor been a good pay off for all of us fans who support mls all year...

seriously, not being able to watch this last round of soccer, has put my buying of season tickets for next year and my even watching the mls final or supporting the league next year in jeopardy

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Well I just got in and was hoping to catch the second half. But, alas, it's not showing up on my screen so now I'm on hold with Adelphia. In some ways I don't even care. It's tape delayed and I know the final score. So I'm just calling to make a point, I suppose.

We'll see what happens ...

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    No dice. I got a moron on the line and ended up missing most of the second half anyway while she tried to figure out what to do. When it all became too complicated for her I told her that it was no longer worth my while.

Then she had the nerve to ask me if there was anything else that Adelphia could help me with. :rolleyes:

Whatever. I guess I have a few months to recuperate before the Shootout war picks up again with the next season.

7. LoveFifa

LoveFifa New Member

Apr 23, 2001
    Detroit, Michigan
    After listening to you guys that are stuck with digital cable, I feel so spoiled now.

I didn't have one problem with my Shootout this year...other than the fact that I really wanted more than just Saturday matches.

But, there should be some kind of fund for you unfortunate souls that have to deal with CSR from places like Adelphia. Maybe we can call it the People for the Ethical Treatment of Soccer Fans (PETSF). Authough, that sounds a little too close to Petsniff. Anyway, it sucks when you are a paying customer, and you still can't get service.

8. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have digital. I had no problems.

Blame the individual companies (esp. Adlephia and TW) not the platform.

9. LoveFifa

LoveFifa New Member

Apr 23, 2001
    Detroit, Michigan
    Well, Comcast wouldn't have been much better in the Detroit area. Hell, they didn't even offer the Shootout up here. Besides, digital cable just plain sucks. I would bet that most people on these boards would choose a dish over dc any day. But, to each his own.

Let's keep in mind why you don't have any problems with your cable provider. Wasn't you who had to bug and harrass the hell out of them just to get decent service? It shouldn't be that hard.

10. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I have had decent service since Day One. My bugging and harassing has pushed that to extraordinary service. Digital cable does not suck. The way some companies implement digital cable sucks. Generalizations don't really do anyone a favor.

Really, if this were the proper thread, I could give you close to a dozen reasons why digital cable is much better than either dish service for me. But this thread is about the playoffs.

11. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

I'm really pissed that the playoffs weren't in Hi-Def. I'm thinking of moving to Canada if they don't get this incompetence sorted out.