Playoffs: Houston Dynamo v. Seattle Sounders, Tuesday, November 21

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 6, 2017.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2017.
  1. Dynamo win

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Dynamo tie

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. November 21? That means we can graze cattle at the stadium for two more weeks. Yee Haw!

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I will give credit for the big boy tifo and the full stand stripe card stunt

But whoever makes decisions consider whether half the interest problem is this suddenly shows up conference final

Ditto pleased board seems lively again, but ditto where ya been all year

2. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Not just veteran but old and backed up by crap. Exception of Remick which backup back do you want to play a minute? Garcia? Anibaba? Particularly knowing the chance of injuries goes up when the starters are dessicated.

But even then from a coaching perspective if they start the big fellahs including Machado wide and then Remick right, I think we have a better shot. Anibaba was getting run by all night. Why does Escalante rightfully disappear but Garcia and Anibaba stay around in the rotation all year? If we don't trust a player why is he around to cost us?

Goal 1 was just bad luck but I think Deric gets that. It wasn't really inside the post, it was an easier angle. But that's between Deric, his priest, and his defense lawyer. We need to hit the keeper market.

Goal 2, the defense is switched over a man each, Senderos is marking air, and so Beasley is marking Bruin. Mismatch. Not necessarily a screwup, but if Remick is in does Bruin get as easy a header.

DNez2001 and naranjableeder repped this.
  3. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anibaba got ran by for 28 minutes not all game, then said ******** it and got his walking papers.Was Surprised Willis saved the PK, but in all honesty, if he looked up before shooting he would have seen Willis cheating the line and made the proper correction.

Bruins goal: Beasley was yelling at Machado to get back because Bruin was wide open and Machado was suppose to cover him. Beasley had to run over the to cover him and like you said.... huge mismatch that was exploited.

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    1. TIFO was gold. Well done SG's. It was the highlight of the night.
    2. It's hard not to fault Wilmer for a huge portion of the game. He's been flawless in the playoffs up to now, but he laid an egg last night. Anibaba should never start unless you have no other choice. I don't get playing rusty Alex on the wings instead of Quito. Subs were questionable as well.

DNez2001, CeltTexan, 7seven7 and 2 others repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being objective, the crowd was large and pretty into it and the stadium appeared properly staffed from a concession stand perspective (a little slow but not negligent).

However, any FO who thought that people wouldn’t turn the card pieces into paper airplanes just doesn’t have reality in mind

6. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anibaba put himself in a bad position to allow the ref to call the pk. I would argue his contact to cause the player to fall was no more than what Torres did to Ellis at the end of the game with no call. It was a dumb play on Anibaba's part to reach out like that, of course the player is going to flop. Right before that Seattle was dropping like flies and grabbing their ankles after every tackle.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gutted n pissed our guys couldn't live up ti our outstanding home record. If not just secure some cage match 0-0 affair.
    But no. And yes, Wilmer needs to get crucified in our media ( and owners) for such poor line up choices last night.
    Our hinchada is as solid as it gets in our Western Hemisphere!
    On to a Clutch City return leg!

DALE DYNAMO!!!

DNez2001 repped this.
  8. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! We've all been on edge to see if we'd get credit from you.

9. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    (1) We are behind the curve on this and it's not my fault. This is at least catching up. This team needs to look at good ideas and best practices around the league because what used to be cutting edge for the league has become a little bit of a laggard.
    (2) Not going after SGs alone, when I see tifo ropes coming off the stadium structure I assume the team has to ok that if not did it. The team needs to do its job in creating a fun environment as well as cooperating with fan groups and SGs. But the SGs need to be willing to move out of the old models and try new things.
    (3) Whatever happened with the card trick, it was a full stadium idea and I'd like more full stadium ideas. Paper airplanes on the spectrum of things are pretty harmless, down there with streamers. It wasn't mini-bat night at the ballpark, or Duracell Christmas Battery Night in Philadelphia.

11. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Sorry but in my experience as a defender one of the last things I would do is just shirt tug someone to the ground. A hard last second shoulder charge that I know will put them on the ground, but might get by as a legal shoulder charge. A late slide tackle (perhaps even with scissors element) that at least tries to get ball. What Torres did where he belly-ed players over all night, which is "legal" to a point, but where is that point until there is or isn't a whistle. If you're gonna do that at least do something in the neighborhood of legal where it's not just a freebie.

Question being, was he even close enough or capable enough athletically or technically to execute a play that would have some attempt at legality. Where you see "bad position" I see someone struggling to keep up and do his job on each play. He shouldn't even be on the field. If Remick screws up he made a mistake. Anibaba isn't capable enough so it almost swings over to will he do his job this time.

Other thought being, I would usually only put a player down when the keeper is beat or out of position. In this scenario Willis is back there.

That being said, it worked short term, the PK was saved. And we weren't absolutely crippled, we did mount some attacks after that. But it did basically kill the night in exchange for capping the scoring.