Playoff Tickets

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by rkane1226, Sep 13, 2002.

1. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In previous years, even though a miracle was needed for the REVS to make the playoffs, we would have received something in the mail about playoff tickets.

Now I happen to think they won't make the playoffs (my scenario is a must win game against Metros is a loss in front of the largest crowd of the season for a REV only game), but I find it surprising that the always positive Kraft organization isn't already asking me to send them money for playoff tickets. Money they can bank for the winter then apply to next years season tickets. Money that locks me into season tickets next year since it is hard to get a refund...

Is this an example of what happens when you layoff 7 people near the end of the season? Assume the REVS make the playoffs. How do you think they'll turn around playoff tickets to the season ticket holders in an efficient manner?

2. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    whatever the reason...let's just be thankful they had enough sense to not ask for it as of yet. my guess is that they have something up and ready right now. if they win v dallas...i'd expect something by tues/wed next week.

3. keepersdad73

keepersdad73 New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    playoff tix

Probably bcause there are not enough people left in the office to do the mailing

4. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing they'll put something together where Center Circle members (AKA season ticket holders) will be given an incentive to buy playoff tickets with some kind of discount off the price of season tickets next year if you buy playoff tickets by a certain date.

I can't imagine that most season ticket holders wouldn't want to buy playoff tickets, and getting a discount off the season ticket price next year, whether or not you decide to renew, would be enough reason to buy them quickly.

I'll bet that the decision not to send playoff ticket invoices was made because, honestly, if you'd gotten an invoice in the mail to buy playoff tickets 2-3 weeks ago, wouldn't it have just pissed you off? I bet they figured they'd done that enough already this year.

5. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, maybe they'll even do something crazy, like if you renew your season tickets by a certain date, you get playoff tickets for free or discounted? It's a thought...btw, what's the first possible date the Revs could play a playoff match?

6. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    I bet they dropped a mailing to season ticket holders in the past office at 10:30 tonight (HUGE SMILE)

7. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    If the expatties types know how to operate a stamp machine.

Grumble, grumble

JIM DOW

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has kind of been lost with everything else ... has anyone heard anything about how this is being handled yet?

9. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    Amazingly no. I think the first playoff match is scheduled for late next week. That sure is going to create a logistic nightmare is getting tickets----if----the Revs were to win Saturday and ----if----the Crew win us into Home Field advantage.

10. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    on monday i heard that things were "being prepared" and we should have somethings this week.

*knock on wood*

11. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    whats sad is that even if the revs win this game sat and make the playoffs, the playoffs have always been not a very well attended showcase around the league. meaning this game on sat will be the largest crowd the team plays in front on most prob untill the finals. If they can make it there.

12. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember hearing about a team getting great playoff attendance. Probably because no one really knows which teams are playing and where until the end of the season which is only a few days before the playoff first match. Seems the playoff teams' front offices have to scramble to get things together and don't have much time to promote. Especially if you don't have set dates for matches. (i.e. In the past I remember hearing either Tuesday or Wednesday, etc.) I could be wrong. It's just the impression I get.

This is why I envy those that have or are getting soccer specific stadiums (although I do like having a larger capacity option for World Cup and international matches etc.) Scheduling is in their hands and if the league says playoff games are Wednesday and Saturday (or whatever the case may be) then all teams can do general preparations in advance and be ready to sell as soon as they know where the team stands.

I suppose there is some last minute playoff game planning in other sports as well.

13. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    The dates, please...

I had to trade working days with a colleague, totally on the dark, re P-off games. I'll be mad if it happens on a day that I have to work...

14. jomo9501

jomo9501 Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Easton, Ma.
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playoff game Schedule

I thought I heard on last nights broadcast that Rob Stone said whoever wins the Eastern Conference will be playing this Thursday. Anyone hear the same thing?

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I heard the same thing, but guys, let's noty get ahead of ourselves here. We still have a game against Metro where there are no guarantees.

I agree that there needs to be some mechanism in place to get tickets should we qualify, but lets concentrate all our energy on Metro for now.

The Magpie

16. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Yes, I heard Rob Stone say that they will be broadcasting from the Eastern Conference Champion's home field for the playoff game on Thursday night. I believe one match will be shown on ABC this year. Has this ever happened before?

Note: days of the week in my post above were just thrown out based on previous seasons and what I remember of playoff games. I did not check the schedule for when games will be played this season.