Playoff news of note: Diallo's injury status

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Sep 4, 2002.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    The Newark Star Ledger is reporting today that Mamadou Diallo could be out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury. The ex-Rev has a "high left ankle sprain" he picked up in Saturday's loss to the Galaxy.

The Metros currently have a 3 point lead on the Revs for the final playoff spot.

Revs have three games remaining against D.C. United, Dallas, and Metro.

Metro has four games remaining against Dallas, D.C. United twice, and finally the Revs.

Thoughts?

The Magpie

2. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA

well, I've said before that I'd prefer that the revos not hide behind the false sense that backing into the playoops, depending on the ineptitude of others, would bring. but in these last 4-5 matches, the new-look, rooney-less young revos seem to be playing with determination and grit. So I've changed my opinion, if they get in, they've worked hard for it and deserve it.

I think it's unlikely though. my heart will not break if it doesn't happen though I am still excited about watching them.

3. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    I agree with Gregor. The team is playing with organization and effort and there are some stylish touches in the bargain. I don't think we will make it but if we do, they certainly will have earned it. From my point of view this is a relegation battle and keeps the season interesting. That said, the players should be playing for their jobs no matter what the points total may be.

As for the Mutts, my sense is that with Ramos back, Williams playing well and Mathis given free rein without Momagol to worry about, they may actually be better.

JIM DOW

4. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    I have not really followed the situation closely but I would think Mathis must be pretty psyched to not have to play with guy for the rest of the year.

In May, everyone was talking about how much Mathis was going to get for going to Europe and here it is September, his stock as nosedived and he's got to fight with Big Momma for scoring chances.

If he's healthy, watch out.

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly he hurt his groin in their game at LA. Ramos is back as well. And it was a good thing they traded for Balboa, considering all the use they got out of him.

Funny how we have very similar schedules with a head-to-head game here, at Dallas, and home with DC United. But they have the extra game at hand at DC.

Tom